Your Fett Costume ROTJ or ESBSubscribe
  1. Member Since
    Feb 2016
    2 Days Ago - Feb 8, 2016, 7:20 AM - Your Fett Costume ROTJ or ESB #1

Hi all, just wanting to try get as much answers as possible, alot of time, money, and hard work seems to have went into peoples builds on here, but im just wondering what people do once they have finally built it, is it just for pleasure or do people actually make money back on the costume as in attending birthday partys etc

all answers would be appreciated

Many Thanks
  2. Become a member for 90 days and create 50 posts and you won't see these ads.Register now!
    2 Days Ago - Feb 8, 2016, 9:03 AM - Re: Your Fett Costume ROTJ or ESB #2

It's usually for the fun of it. The 501st members troop for charity very often, so unless you're a vendor selling parts not many make money while wearing their suits. Plus I'm sure there would be liability issues with licensing and all.
    2 Days Ago - Feb 8, 2016, 9:11 AM - Re: Your Fett Costume ROTJ or ESB #3

Tons of money goes out.........not a penny comes back in.

The only reward is smiles on peoples faces and the joy in their hearts, and that is worth it to me.
  5. Member Since
    Dec 2015
    2 Days Ago - Feb 8, 2016, 9:43 AM - Re: Your Fett Costume ROTJ or ESB #4

Mine is just for fun but has become somewhat of an obsession atm all day on here and dreaming it also with no disintegrations
  6. Member Since
    Jan 2016
    2 Days Ago - Feb 8, 2016, 10:48 AM - Re: Your Fett Costume ROTJ or ESB #5

It's all for fun. Also, what Armydad said... You can't really costume this character for a profit without being involved with Disney... Liability and copyright infringement, etc... That is why most all 501st functions are volunteer and for charity.
    2 Days Ago - Feb 8, 2016, 10:59 AM - Re: Your Fett Costume ROTJ or ESB #6

yeah doesn't fill up your wallet, but it sure does fill up your heart doing charity/convention events and often provides you cool opportunities in the community if your with one of the major starwars groups. Ive never gotta paid for any time ive costumed,but ive gotten free food, got to see behind the scene/secret areas for certain local theaters/make a wish and have even gotten in the city paper weekend issue just by being with the local mando mercs.

2 Days Ago - Feb 8, 2016, 11:04 AM - Re: Your Fett Costume ROTJ or ESB #7

Our costumes are just needful things. If you expect to make money back by going to birthday parties, shame on you man!
    2 Days Ago - Feb 8, 2016, 12:19 PM - Re: Your Fett Costume ROTJ or ESB #8

Costuming/cosplay is all volunteer, no money ever comes back nor should be expected. Occasionally some swag (t-shirt, coin, etc) is offered at certain events which can be cool. Otherwise, the smiles from the folks we troop for are well worth the time, effort and money spent on the kit(s).
  10. Member Since
    Feb 2016
    2 Days Ago - Feb 8, 2016, 1:52 PM - Re: Your Fett Costume ROTJ or ESB #9

Thanks for replys so far people, the reason i ask, is recently my son has got into star wars, we had a birthday party for him and i got in touch with a local company which supplys people to attend birthday partys in star wars outfits, their outfits looked the part, looked so realistic, these people own the cosutmes themselves and have poured lots of money into it, i had them for an hour and paid £200 for 3 thats why i ask
    2 Days Ago - Feb 8, 2016, 2:41 PM - Re: Your Fett Costume ROTJ or ESB #10

Know a few guys who do this,but wouldn't interest me to many annoying kids on a high and it also takes an hour to suit up..lol