Subscribe
    2 Weeks Ago - Mar 17, 2015, 11:06 AM - Xtrachrispy's ESB Fett (b/c they're is not enough progress threads already ;) ) #1

So I have built a movie OSCS clone suit, an Imperial Officer, an AT-AT commander, and a TK (I also made a cartoon accurate Cobra Crimson Guard and a Cobra Commander). Now it's time to do a Fett. My original plan was to do the prototype white armor version, then later paint it ESB. But there are too many differences in the armor for that to make sense. So now I am just going straight to an ESB build. Almost all of the needed parts have been ordered or commissioned and a lot of them have already come in.

Arrived
    Helmet kit
    Armor kit
    Real horse hair scalps
    pouch belt
    real girth belt
    EE3 kit
    shoes (going to mod)
    LED display
    parade gloves
    Jetpack
    jetpack harness
    cape
    boot spikes
    shin tools
    aluminum light up beacon for jetpack
    paints, magnets, snaps, and tools to complete the build

Ordered or commissioned
    Flight suit and hip pouches
    flak vest and neck seal
    jet pack rings, clips, buckle, etc

Still need to aquire
    lights for RF
    Pulce 40 sidearm
    Pulce 40 sidearm holster

More to come soon, including reviews of my purchases and of course build progress.

Xtrachrispy
    CT31337
    Last edited by Xtrachrispy; 4 Days Ago at 10:54 AM.
    2 Weeks Ago - Mar 17, 2015, 11:26 AM - Re: Xtrachrispy's ESB Fett (b/c they're is not enough progress threads already ;) ) #2

Off to a good start. Best advise I ca give you is to stay away from ebay unless the seller is MLS or MOW (Molon Labe studios and Man of War studios).
    2 Weeks Ago - Mar 17, 2015, 1:46 PM - Re: Xtrachrispy's ESB Fett (b/c they're is not enough progress threads already ;) ) #3

Quote Jc27 said: View Post
    Off to a good start. Best advise I ca give you is to stay away from ebay unless the seller is MLS or MOW (Molon Labe studios and Man of War studios).
    indeed, I know all about ebays peril being in the 501st. I almost got burned by a helmet re-caster but caught it in time. I hesitated even getting what I did until I saw them here first (MOW and MLS). I got MOW's jetpack and MLS' EE3 kit.
    Last edited by Xtrachrispy; 1 Week Ago at 10:36 AM.
    1 Week Ago - Mar 24, 2015, 7:38 AM - Re: Xtrachrispy's ESB Fett (b/c they're is not enough progress threads already ;) ) #4

MOW jetpack and cape arrived. The jetpack is a beast, that is gonna be a fun build.

Is there a good tutorial for paint or assembly on the ESB jetpack anywhere? I haven't seen one.
    1 Week Ago - Mar 24, 2015, 8:15 AM - Re: Xtrachrispy's ESB Fett (b/c they're is not enough progress threads already ;) ) #5

Quote Xtrachrispy said: View Post
    MOW jetpack and cape arrived. The jetpack is a beast, that is gonna be a fun build.

Is there a good tutorial for paint or assembly on the ESB jetpack anywhere? I haven't seen one.
    Try this thread by Darthvoorhees
    http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f20/t...k-build-44907/
    1 Week Ago - Mar 24, 2015, 1:26 PM - Re: Xtrachrispy's ESB Fett (b/c they're is not enough progress threads already ;) ) #6

cool, thanks

Quote thebeans said: View Post
  7. 1 Week Ago - Mar 24, 2015, 1:58 PM - Re: Xtrachrispy's ESB Fett (b/c they're is not enough progress threads already ;) ) #7

Thanks for the reference thebeans, Xtrachrispy, Also check out this one..its more recent. I dont use the magnets anymore for the top part of the rocket or thrusters, i add threaded rods and wingnuts to the thrusters.

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f20/f...erbal21-50542/
    1 Week Ago - Mar 24, 2015, 8:03 PM - Re: Xtrachrispy's ESB Fett (b/c they're is not enough progress threads already ;) ) #8

sweet deal, yeah my plan was wingnuts on the thrusters and the rocket, so that will work

Quote Darth Voorhees said: View Post
    Thanks for the reference thebeans, Xtrachrispy, Also check out this one..its more recent. I dont use the magnets anymore for the top part of the rocket or thrusters, i add threaded rods and wingnuts to the thrusters.

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f20/f...erbal21-50542/
    4 Days Ago - Mar 27, 2015, 10:57 AM - Re: Xtrachrispy's ESB Fett (b/c they're is not enough progress threads already ;) ) #9

Jetpack harness came in super quick. now just waiting on the clips, rings, buckle, etc. I have the week after Easter off and am hoping to get a whole lot of it finished.

Is there anyone who is currently making holsters for the sidearm anywhere? It's the last required piece that I need. I have not seen any available in the cargo hold.
    4 Days Ago - Mar 27, 2015, 11:24 AM - Re: Xtrachrispy's ESB Fett (b/c they're is not enough progress threads already ;) ) #10

FP does holsters, but I don't know what his wait time is.
    1 Day Ago - Mar 30, 2015, 10:40 AM - Re: Xtrachrispy's ESB Fett (b/c they're is not enough progress threads already ;) ) #11

I have been unable to get an answer from him, so I am completely unsure myself, and unfortunately I haven't seen that anyone else does them.
    1 Day Ago - Mar 30, 2015, 10:53 AM - Re: Xtrachrispy's ESB Fett (b/c they're is not enough progress threads already ;) ) #12

You might just have to keep checking the cargo hold, you might get lucky. Holsters are always hard to get a hold of for some reason.