Subscribe
    Jun 21, 2014, 8:53 AM - The worst thing that could ever happen has happened... #1

Okay, maybe not the WORST thing, but it's pretty bad... The other day I was going about my morning routine as usual, when I heard a large ruckus. When I inspected the ruckus, I discovered that my mannequin, blessed with the opportunity of wearing such an awesome costume, decided he was tired of standing. Thankfully, most of my costume survived the fall, but my helmet did not... There are 3 areas where the resin (I think) chipped off of the gel coat. One right under the dent, through the kill stripes, and into the brow, one smallish one on the edge of the mandible closest to the RF ear, and one huge piece of the left back panel. Also, the rangefinder ear broke and the stalk snapped right before the round pivoty thingy. Besides that, there are a couple of cracks here and there, as well as a small mark on the paint where it slid on the floor. I took some pictures, but my photography is lacking and it's an iPad camera.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	175.2 KB 
ID:	77930Click image for larger version. 

Views:	95 
Size:	139.1 KB 
ID:	77931Click image for larger version. 

Views:	113 
Size:	250.6 KB 
ID:	77932Click image for larger version. 

Views:	101 
Size:	238.0 KB 
ID:	77933

So, the moral of the story is: be nicer to your mannequins. You never know when they are gonna get tired of holding your stuff.
    Last edited by Nate; Jun 21, 2014 at 9:26 PM.
    Jun 21, 2014, 9:06 AM - Re: The worst thing that could ever happen has happened... #2

Dang sorry man :/
    Jun 21, 2014, 9:29 AM - Re: The worst thing that could ever happen has happened... #3

Oh no!!
  4. Jun 21, 2014, 9:54 AM - Re: The worst thing that could ever happen has happened... #4

Nate, that really sucks! What helmet is that? i can fix and repaint if you want, PM me if interested....i'll give ya a fair price...i'll call it, "tragedy pricing" ....I do have 4 ESB's in queue though so it may take a while, but im willing to do it.
  5. Member Since
    Oct 2012
    Jun 21, 2014, 10:55 AM - Re: The worst thing that could ever happen has happened... #5

Been there, and just a week before my first con as Fett. Although, I only had to deal with minor chipping of the gel coat on my old Asok GMH, and I was the painter of said helmet.

No no advice to give you, unfortunately. That really sucks!
    Jun 21, 2014, 11:32 AM - Re: The worst thing that could ever happen has happened... #6

Sorry brother, yeah that would rough day indeed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jun 21, 2014, 12:52 PM - Re: The worst thing that could ever happen has happened... #7

Quote Darth Voorhees said: View Post
    Nate, that really sucks! What helmet is that? i can fix and repaint if you want, PM me if interested....i'll give ya a fair price...i'll call it, "tragedy pricing" ....I do have 4 ESB's in queue though so it may take a while, but im willing to do it.
    thanks man, but I think I'm gonna invest in an entirely new helmet.
    Jun 21, 2014, 1:21 PM - Re: The worst thing that could ever happen has happened... #8

Man that blows...sorry to hear that.
    It us however totally repairable. Might not be a terrible idea to get it fixed and still look at a new one? If you sell it as is you're gonna basically give it away. Just my two cents....
  9. Member Since
    Dec 2012
    Jun 21, 2014, 3:47 PM - Re: The worst thing that could ever happen has happened... #9

Way to make a grown man cry, been in your position.
    But it's easily fixed... With a lotta money & time (unfortunately)
    good luck mate
    Jun 21, 2014, 4:46 PM - Re: The worst thing that could ever happen has happened... #10

If that happened to me, i swear i would just puke! sorry this happened to you man.
    Jun 21, 2014, 9:24 PM - Re: The worst thing that could ever happen has happened... #11

Quote syllander said: View Post
    Man that blows...sorry to hear that.
    It us however totally repairable. Might not be a terrible idea to get it fixed and still look at a new one? If you sell it as is you're gonna basically give it away. Just my two cents....
    Yeah, I think I'll hold on to it in case I want to get it fixed in the future. For now, though, I'm just gonna buy a new one.
  12. Jun 22, 2014, 1:52 PM - Re: The worst thing that could ever happen has happened... #12

Quote Nate said: View Post
    thanks man, but I think I'm gonna invest in an entirely new helmet.
    No problem, totally get it! I agree with Syllander, hold onto it, you may want to repair it in the future. My offer will always be here
    Jun 22, 2014, 2:19 PM - Re: The worst thing that could ever happen has happened... #13

Yikes. . .
    When I read your thread title, the first thing I thought was, "I'll bet he dropped his helmet."
    I see I wasn't that far off, unfortunately.
    Man, those pics make my stomach hurt.
  14. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Jun 23, 2014, 12:34 AM - Re: The worst thing that could ever happen has happened... #14

What kind of helmet is it? Looks like it hit something pretty hard?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Jun 23, 2014, 4:06 AM - Re: The worst thing that could ever happen has happened... #15

damn....
    Jun 23, 2014, 4:35 AM - Re: The worst thing that could ever happen has happened... #16

I'm sorry dude...bondo?? No but seriously I would be devasted keep optimistic.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk