Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Subscribe
  1. Dec 3, 2012, 6:32 AM - Re: WOO! got a "real-ish" webley stock, bracket, and Grip! #51

Quote RafalFett said: View Post
    Replica or not, but that blaster still looks good on your wall!
    Thanks Rafal! Yea she is a beaut' aint she?
    Dec 3, 2012, 11:16 AM - Re: WOO! got a "real-ish" webley stock, bracket, and Grip! #52

If it's good enough for you Lou it's good enough for me matey , I think it looks pukka and saves looking for rockinghorse poo . We all would like genuine but hey , close enough is good enough and you can't beat the real feel (ooh err missus) Lol
  3. Dec 3, 2012, 7:51 PM - Re: WOO! got a "real-ish" webley stock, bracket, and Grip! #53

lol. I agree. it does erk me that the cross hatching on the grip goes over the diamond and out of some of the edges, but eh..one day mebbe ill find an authentic grip at least.

For those that dont know, this is Stormriders awesome EE-3 kit. the breech discs are from Sidewinder, the molex connectors, AM plugs, Scope rings, and scope are all real deal items. Flash tube is a heiland..hopin to get an MPP one day.
    Last edited by Darth Voorhees; Dec 3, 2012 at 7:58 PM.
    Dec 3, 2012, 8:55 PM - Re: WOO! got a "real-ish" webley stock, bracket, and Grip! #54

The grip from the Webley Mk VI revolver shares the same dimensions and would make a great substitute. It would be made of dark bakerlite and so would have to ne painted gold and weathered but that wouldn't be too hard to achieve and the cross hatching would be molded lumps and bumps rather than scored. They come up from time to time on the auction site. One on there now but it is the wrong side and broken. Alternatively replica Mk IV. grips are easy to obtain from all sorts of suppliers.
  5. Dec 3, 2012, 9:31 PM - Re: WOO! got a "real-ish" webley stock, bracket, and Grip! #55

Yea some of the revolver ones are the same, but if i have to paint it theres no point ya know? ..i could just keep the painted resin one, or get sidewinders cold cast one(which looks really really nice BTW) I wanted a real one specifically because its actually brass I have one from Hand-schaub thats bronze cast, and correct. its really nice, but i like the correct brass better than the bronze.
    Dec 4, 2012, 7:24 AM - Re: WOO! got a "real-ish" webley stock, bracket, and Grip! #56

Sweet!