Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Mar 9, 2009, 5:44 PM - WOF Gauntlet Help #1

Hi guys. Well, over the weekend I built a right gauntlet out of 100 pound paper using the WOF template. It turned out fine, except I need to tighten it up in the front so it fits snug, and in the rear I need to let it out as my upper forearm is a bit big. Can anyone advise me as to how I can get it to fit properly? My goal is to do a final piece using 1mm Sintra, take silicone casts off of it and run resin pieces. The design will feature the standard clamshell design with a hinge. I'd like to get it to where it will fit my arm without having to add all kinds of padding. Can anyone help me out? Thanks!
    Apr 1, 2009, 5:25 AM - Re: WOF Gauntlet Help #2

I would try wrapping a piece of paper around your forearm till its the snuggness you want. then mark the seam to give you the outline for the template.
    Apr 1, 2009, 10:58 AM - Re: WOF Gauntlet Help #3

does it fit loose over just your arm? have you allowed for a sleeve to fit in there too?
  4. Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Apr 1, 2009, 11:19 AM - Re: WOF Gauntlet Help #4

[quote=saint_nasty;422823]does it fit loose over just your arm? have you allowed for a sleeve to fit in there too?[/quote
    Sometimes all it takes is a simple answer like this to figure things out! D'oh!