WOF Gauntlet Help

From
    Boise Idaho USA

WOF Gauntlet Help

Hi guys. Well, over the weekend I built a right gauntlet out of 100 pound paper using the WOF template. It turned out fine, except I need to tighten it up in the front so it fits snug, and in the rear I need to let it out as my upper forearm is a bit big. Can anyone advise me as to how I can get it to fit properly? My goal is to do a final piece using 1mm Sintra, take silicone casts off of it and run resin pieces. The design will feature the standard clamshell design with a hinge. I'd like to get it to where it will fit my arm without having to add all kinds of padding. Can anyone help me out? Thanks!

From
    New bedford,MA

Re: WOF Gauntlet Help

I would try wrapping a piece of paper around your forearm till its the snuggness you want. then mark the seam to give you the outline for the template.

From
    bozeman, mt go cats!!!

does it fit loose over just your arm? have you allowed for a sleeve to fit in there too?

From
    Boise Idaho USA

[quote=saint_nasty;422823]does it fit loose over just your arm? have you allowed for a sleeve to fit in there too?[/quote
    Sometimes all it takes is a simple answer like this to figure things out! D'oh!