Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Subscribe
  1. Dec 30, 2009, 4:18 PM - WIP: Super Trooper Fett Variant, Celebration V #1

After much thought over the last few days, I have decided to build the rare, all-white Super Trooper. Due to budgetary and, serious forth coming time constraints in 2010, I felt this pre-production Fett variant would be much more easier to accomplish than a full on ESB, at this time. I am also knee deep in my Sci-Fire Clone Trooper project, in addition to revamping my custom snow clone commander. I will ultimately build an ESB, as I have a stunning FettPride painted MSH-1 ESB helmet that I am dying to wear in public someday.

The first items that I will start with will be the Jet Pack and the helmet. The helmet will be the new Fettpride Premium. This revamped helmet is clean and sharp, as it’s a perfect base for the all-white, semi-gloss paint scheme inherent to this very first Fett prototype. I will be also going with MOW’s 09’ VII Jet Pack and possibly MOW’s gaunts, though I can’t recall if the Super Trooper requires a modified Pre-Pro I configuration or, Pre-Pro III.

Here are some images of the Super Trooper, including a link to the TDH Wiki, and a video that recently surfaced on www.starwars.com . I can’t wait to jump on this project!

TDH Wiki:
    http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/wiki/...a_Fett_Costume
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7_bg.jpg 
Views:	322 
Size:	42.4 KB 
ID:	40167  
    Last edited by Replicant Shadow; Aug 6, 2011 at 1:20 PM.
    Dec 30, 2009, 4:51 PM - Re: WIP: Super Trooper Fett Variant, Celebration V #2

This is going to be an awesome build. Will you post Pics? I will be going to CV, I hope I get to see your Supertrooper in person! Best of Luck!
  3. Dec 30, 2009, 5:16 PM - Re: WIP: Super Trooper Fett Variant, Celebration V #3

I will be posting pics, as I finish each component, as opposed to a real time, step-by-step tutorial style WIP. It's too time consuming otherwise.
    Last edited by Replicant Shadow; Aug 6, 2011 at 1:21 PM.
    Dec 30, 2009, 5:32 PM - Re: WIP: Super Trooper Fett Variant, Celebration V #4

Any idea what you will do for the boots J?
    Dec 30, 2009, 5:36 PM - Re: WIP: Super Trooper Fett Variant, Celebration V #5

Look forward to seeing your progress, I love the white supertrooper and really enjoyed building up my Helmet in the white/silver colour scheme
  6. Dec 30, 2009, 5:42 PM - Re: WIP: Super Trooper Fett Variant, Celebration V #6

@ Gilmore: Not sure. That's gonna be tough considering that no one makes those as a regular run. I am gonna pay out the nose I am sure for custom all white Boba Fett boots. I was thinking of maybe using a spray can shoe paint, but that might not work to well considering the darker gray, canvas type fabric. So, yeah custom I guess. Got to find someone to make them.

I saw your helmet build this morning Headless Hunter, over on the RPF. Looks nice and clean bud!
    Dec 30, 2009, 7:22 PM - Re: WIP: Super Trooper Fett Variant, Celebration V #7

Hey thanks, yeah it was a fun build alright, the key is to get it ultra smooth, use Tamiya fine surface primer then wet sand it like never before! I finished with a coat of gloss varnish too, I could have wetsanded it more but my arms hurt
  8. Dec 31, 2009, 7:17 AM - Re: WIP: Super Trooper Fett Variant, Celebration V #8

Just getting started on the same project myself
    If you find someone to make the boots please let me know.
    The gauntlets seem to be the same as the pre pro 1 set,with the triangular section metal tube on the underside of the left gauntlet.
    BooBoo is currently working on a white ammo belt for me,that should be real sweet,but dose anyone know if the Super Trooper should have a white girth belt or not.The referance shots for the most part seam to not have one.

Best of luck with the project

FMF
  9. Dec 31, 2009, 8:31 AM - Re: WIP: Super Trooper Fett Variant, Celebration V #9

Just been looking at the gallery again and I'd say that the Super Trooper,pre-pro1 and pre-pro3 all use the same left hand gauntlet.

FMF
    Dec 31, 2009, 8:59 AM - Re: WIP: Super Trooper Fett Variant, Celebration V #10

I'm not seeing a girth belt on the pics I have Geoff?
  11. Dec 31, 2009, 9:23 AM - Re: WIP: Super Trooper Fett Variant, Celebration V #11

Nice one Gav,that should save me a few quid LOL.
    Didn't think I could see one.But some of the close up shots made me think there might have been one of the padded nylon type girths that I always see in the shops,not the cord one we all know about
  12. Dec 31, 2009, 11:19 AM - Re: WIP: Super Trooper Fett Variant, Celebration V #12

Yep, no girth belt. One less cost to worry about! I need to give BooBoo a buzz about maybe making me a white ammo belt as well, thanks for the tip Full Metal Fett
  13. slave1pilot is offline slave1pilot
    Dec 31, 2009, 11:53 AM - Re: WIP: Super Trooper Fett Variant, Celebration V #13

I think the hardest part will be locating the Beach towel.
    Unless, you are just gonna use a white cape.
    Dec 31, 2009, 12:00 PM - Re: WIP: Super Trooper Fett Variant, Celebration V #14

Looking forward to seeing this one! Good luck James!
  15. Dec 31, 2009, 2:32 PM - Re: WIP: Super Trooper Fett Variant, Celebration V #15

Thank you Eric! Nathan I decided to fore go the beach towel and the wimpy weaponary for an ESB cape with ESB weapons for conventions. I will though hunt down the towel and replicate the Super Trooper weapons at a later time, for a proper photoshoot. I may need to outsource the paint work on the Jet Pack if you are interested Nathan.
    Last edited by Replicant Shadow; Aug 6, 2011 at 1:23 PM.
  16. Dec 31, 2009, 3:34 PM - Re: WIP: Super Trooper Fett Variant, Celebration V #16

Think I'll give the beach towel a miss as far as trooping goes. Was thinking of a white cape with a black section in the middle,kind of like the ESB cape.

And what's wimpy about a "UZI 9MM"

FMF
    Last edited by full metal fett; Dec 31, 2009 at 3:54 PM.
    Dec 31, 2009, 4:02 PM - Re: WIP: Super Trooper Fett Variant, Celebration V #17

Quote full metal fett said: View Post
    Think I'll give the beach towel a miss as far as trooping goes. Was thinking of a white cape with a black section in the middle,kind of like the ESB cape.

And what's wimpy about a "UZI 9MM"

FMF
    HEY! Don't be fooled....an Uzi once outfitted with a Graflex is an ABSOLUTLEY ACCURATE MACHINE OF DEATH!!
  18. Dec 31, 2009, 4:47 PM - Re: WIP: Super Trooper Fett Variant, Celebration V #18

Quote full metal fett said: View Post
    Just been looking at the gallery again and I'd say that the Super Trooper,pre-pro1 and pre-pro3 all use the same left hand gauntlet.

FMF
    Thanks for verifying FMF! Do we know if Fettpride or MOW make, or have made, a Pre-Pro kit?
    Last edited by Replicant Shadow; Aug 6, 2011 at 1:24 PM.
    Dec 31, 2009, 5:23 PM - Re: WIP: Super Trooper Fett Variant, Celebration V #19

Well the base gauntlet IS the same...however...

The flamethrower is not. This one differs from all the others.
    Jan 1, 2010, 5:39 AM - Re: WIP: Super Trooper Fett Variant, Celebration V #20

Hope this link helps a little bit for reference.
    http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showt...-My-white-Fett
    Happy new year to all!
    Sven
  21. KaanE is offline KaanE
    Jan 1, 2010, 8:40 AM - Re: WIP: Super Trooper Fett Variant, Celebration V #21

Quote Gilmore of OK said: View Post
    Well the base gauntlet IS the same...however...

The flamethrower is not. This one differs from all the others.
    Really? If I'm not wrong, the PP1 and PP3 had the same flamethrower.
    Jan 1, 2010, 1:51 PM - Re: WIP: Super Trooper Fett Variant, Celebration V #22

Very cool, will be watching this one.
    Jan 1, 2010, 2:00 PM - Re: WIP: Super Trooper Fett Variant, Celebration V #23

"Really? If I'm not wrong, the PP1 and PP3 had the same flamethrower."

Yes, I'm sure you're right on that.
    Last edited by Slave I; Jan 1, 2010 at 2:11 PM.
    Jan 1, 2010, 4:23 PM - Re: WIP: Super Trooper Fett Variant, Celebration V #24

Yup, i was lookin at PP2...with the extendo thrower...

that just goes to show...im an ESB guy lol
    Jan 1, 2010, 8:46 PM - Re: WIP: Super Trooper Fett Variant, Celebration V #25

Replicant,

Hope to have an answer on those boots for ya by Monday evening.

Full Metal,

If ya want me to check on a set of boots for you, as well, shoot me a pm w/ the size you'll need.