Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

WIP: PP2 Costume - Los Angeles (Heavy Pics)

WIP: PP2 Costume - Los Angeles (Heavy Pics)

Hello TDH!

Some of you might already know me because I've been around lately and I wanted to share my work in progress because many of you have helped me create my armor which is coming out grrrrrreat! This is my first time painting and building a Fett suit.

MOW Flightsuit - I put a bottle of RIT royal blue and 1 package of pearl grey to create this bluish-gray color.
    wp_000017-jpg

MOW Boots - First I painted the middle stripe black and then taped up all the black areas.
    wp_000082-2-jpg

I use Charcoal spray paint to create the dark grey color then I used Delta Burnt Umber with a mix of black to create the brown dirt on the front and side of the boots. I love how they turned out. The first two pictures are with light and 3rd picture is w/o the camera light.
    wp_000088-jpgwp_000089-2-jpgwp_000090-2-jpg

This was my reference photo for the Boots.
    boba-boots-jpg
    Last edited by RaAlvarez; Jul 8, 2012 at 8:08 PM.

Re: WIP: PP2 Costume - Los Angeles

MOW PP2 Gauntlets

MOW gauntlets were too big on me so I did some measurements and I had to cut a 1/2 inch from the bottom piece of both guantlets.
    wp_000244-jpgwp_000245-jpg

I used a macro saw blade to cut a nice straight line...its slow but its worth it in the end. Then I sanded down both ends on a flat surface to make it nice and flat.
    wp_000303-jpgwp_000301-jpgwp_000148-jpg

Next I added the hinges to both gauntlets.
    wp_000145-jpgwp_000144-jpgwp_000146-jpgwp_000147-jpg
    Last edited by RaAlvarez; Jul 11, 2012 at 2:53 PM.

Re: WIP: PP2 Costume - Los Angeles (Heavy Pics)

Next I painted all the gauntlet accessories.

Wrist Rocket - First I painted the whole thing aluminum
    wp_000150-jpg

Next I painted the gloss black and weather it up a bit. Next I taped up the whole rocket except for the head and painted it gold with a mist of dark grey.
    I didn't go into to much detail with the shin tools since they are mostly going to be covered.
    wp_000187-jpgwp_000192-jpgwp_000191-jpg

Painted the wires for the left gauntlet
    wp_000204-2-jpg

wp_000203-jpgwp_000151-jpgwp_000174-jpg

I painted and weather the flamethrower
    wp_000149-jpg
    Last edited by RaAlvarez; Jul 11, 2012 at 2:49 PM.

From
    Marietta, Ga

This is gonna be so sick! I've been waiting for these PP2 builds since the GMH was released.

Both gauntlets have been primered.
    wp_000193-jpg

Primered the Pre-pro pistol
    wp_000170-jpg

Getting the armor ready to paint. I added all dents to match PP2.
    wp_000329-jpg

After the primer drys, I always wet sand them to make them nice and smooth.

Another gauntlet update. I finished applying the Aluminum spray paint and now I have begun masking the gauntlets.
    wp_000207-jpg

Here is a picture of the armor after I wet sanded it.
    wp_000330-jpg

More progress

Finished painting the right gauntlet and removed the masking fluid...beautiful
    wp_000279-jpgwp_000278-jpgwp_000290-jpgwp_000283-jpgwp_000286-jpgwp_000280-jpg

Here are some shots to compare.
    pp2-left-jpgpp2-left-bottom-jpgpp2-inside-jpg

Still need to attach the darts and the switches

From
    TEXAS

Looking good bro! Keep up the good work!

very nice. I like how accurately you're matching up the battle damage to the actual gauntlets from the pics! On thing I'd like to point out; the red looks very even... a bit too even. I would go in there with some dirty looking earth based colors (or some grey with a hint of some tone like brown or a grey-blue (or grey-purple) and rub a bit of it on the red of the gauntlet. It will give the red a nice weather effect. Is this accurate; probably not but I would make a test strip and just give it a try to so how it looks.

Anyway great job! Can't wait to see more progress!

Archaster777 said: View Post
    very nice. I like how accurately you're matching up the battle damage to the actual gauntlets from the pics! On thing I'd like to point out; the red looks very even... a bit too even. I would go in there with some dirty looking earth based colors (or some grey with a hint of some tone like brown or a grey-blue (or grey-purple) and rub a bit of it on the red of the gauntlet. It will give the red a nice weather effect. Is this accurate; probably not but I would make a test strip and just give it a try to so how it looks.

Anyway great job! Can't wait to see more progress!
    I was thinking about misting it more with grey. I did a very light mist of grey because I was scared I would add too much in 1 area.

I guess I can go back and mist it a bit more.

Great progress so far. +1 on the additional misting. In the promo pics, especially the inner forearm part of the gauntlet, it looks like there's another layer of masking/misting with your current color of red showing through the darker overspray. I can't wait to see the flamethrower gauntlet!

From
    Galati, Romania

Your progress so far looks very good! May I suggest to look at the C-IV images from the Gallery for additional and hidden scratches on the right gauntlet, because this is the Pre-Pro #2 gauntlet with modified whipcord housing and differently weathered (possibly from another gauntlet) hose connector. This suit also has the real Pre-Pro #2 left knee, which is a great thing, because you have a good refference for the knee/shoulder colors. You also have parts of the real armor captured from the Star Wars Blu-Ray, so you have plenty of refference images in the Gallery.

Keep the excellent work coming!

Thanks for the input guys!

Ok...I think my yellow is too much. :/
    wp_000318-jpgwp_000319-jpgwp_000322-jpgwp_000325-jpgwp_000327-jpg

I was looking at photos of the the promotion armor since it was the same shoulder bells and a PP2 photo shoot and I believe the gauntlets are "almost" suppose to match the shoulders & the left knee. I need your advice on this...I'm thinking about starting over on this guy
    boba-fett-promotional-armor-2-19-pngcustom-pp2-32-jpg

My reference photo
    pp2-left-compare-jpg
    Last edited by RaAlvarez; Jul 10, 2012 at 11:19 PM.

Armor progression!

I started painting the chest armor last night.
    The Right chest and the diamond are hand painted (just the scratches) and the left chest and ab are masked with a little bit of a touch up. Its hard to tell from the picture but the right chest & the diamond are a darker green and the collar is a olive color. I'll have better picture tomorrow.
    wp_000333-jpg

Later today I'm going to start applying the yellow scratch on the ab & left chest and the lark dark gray on the right chest, collar & diamond

More armor progression

Added the Yellow to the Ab and the left chest. I love how they turned out. The first two pictures are more accurate on the color. The full armor picture keeps adding extra green for some odd reason.
    The yellow really makes the armor come alive.
    wp_000342-jpgwp_000344-jpgwp_000339-jpg
    Last edited by RaAlvarez; Jul 12, 2012 at 2:03 AM.

From
    Galati, Romania

Wow! The armor paint job looks killer so far! You did an awesome job! You are right with the gauntlet color, but I think that the left gauntlet is a bit paler than the shoulder/knee base color.

From
    Darwin River Northern Territory

those boots look awsome, hope mine come out that good, cant wait to see the finished product

More Armor progression

I started to apply the lark grey and it looks awesome. I'm waiting for my decals from Lucky to finish up the right chest piece.
    wp_000345-jpgwp_000367-jpgwp_000348-jpg

Rafalfett - So I did some practice colors for the shoulder and I think they are spot on (waiting for my real shoulders from RKD). I'm not to sure how to make the gauntlets look "pale"...I could mist it with a light grey to give it a pale look. Let me know Rafel, going to strip the paint this weekend.
    wp_000356-jpg

Here they are next to each other (Going to dirty up the right gauntlet a bit over the weekend)
    wp_000328-jpg
    Last edited by RaAlvarez; Jul 12, 2012 at 1:21 PM.

From
    Galati, Romania

Love the right chest and the shoulder paint job! With 'pale' I meant a lighter color, maybe a fine mist to tone down a bit that yellow on the left gauntlet.

Sorry for the lack of updates

Here we goooooooo

RKD Shoulders - Dents added to match PP2
    wp_000394-jpgwp_000396-jpgwp_000398-jpgwp_000400-jpg

Started to work on the jetpack rocket. Strips and some more weathering are still needed.
    wp_000407-jpgwp_000405-jpgwp_000404-jpg
    Last edited by RaAlvarez; Sep 6, 2012 at 10:02 PM.

I re-did the gauntlets to a darker yellow.
    wp_000388-jpgwp_000389-jpgwp_000390-jpgwp_000391-jpgwp_000392-jpgwp_000393-jpgwp_000395-jpg

Here is what my costume looks like so far (Before C VI). I still need to attach the backplate, work on the knees, add hoses to the gauntlets and finish up the jetpack. I also adding more grey to my flightsuit so it won't look so bluish. (the new grey is not in the picture below)
    wp_000462-jpg

So nice!!! Great build

From
    Modesto, California

wow lol, looks pretty straight on to that life size cardboard cutout.

From
    Galati, Romania

sleepalot said: View Post
    wow lol, looks pretty straight on to that life size cardboard cutout.
    Same here! I love that you did the shoulder decal by hand and all the scratches are in the right place. You did an excellent work so far, just keep it coming!

99centTaco Belt w/ custom made pouches. Both the pouches were grey but I used fabric paint to paint the other a "tan" color.
    wp_000705-jpgphotocrop_2012-09-06_08-27-47-pm-jpg

My Pre-pro gloves. These were once grey and white but I used fabric paint to get them this way. I Bought the patches off eBay but they were a dark green color and I had to re-color them dark brown.
    photocrop_2012-09-06_08-26-41-pm-jpg

Jetpack thrusters. Still needs to be weathered.
    wp_000701-jpg

Here is a side view of the left gauntlet.
    pp2-left-compare-jpg