Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Subscribe
    Mar 30, 2012, 2:02 PM - Re: WIP: Locitus ESB Boba #51

Quote locitus said: View Post
    So soon I'll be ordering a commissioned JP from BFUK with the steel frame harness.
    Nice pack and I think 'we' have a couple of harnesses but not the ESB webbing... yeah I was kinda involved in the harnesses.
    Mar 30, 2012, 2:37 PM - Re: WIP: Locitus ESB Boba #52

Quote Mojo-Fett said: View Post
    Great so far bruv, I agree with RF that you should change out the 4th shin tho? also have you got the ESB thong going on... I ask as the cod looks as though it could be hitched up slightly... (just my 2p)
    Thanks buddy. I do have a thong now. It's just not shown in any current pictures. I know I also will need to work on re-arranging the position of the kidney armour. It's not very comfortable where it is now, so I pull it up which in turn affects the cod. :S

And yes, I'll be replacing all my shin tools eventually. The ones I have are based on the visual dictionary. Not really my cup of tea either.
    Apr 5, 2012, 5:18 AM - Re: WIP: Locitus ESB Boba #53

EE-3 nearly done. Just need a sling!

I have ordered a small sound board I will try to mount inside the barrel and add a sample from ESB when Boba fires at Luke. If anyone already has that sample I'd appreciate a link to it, or I'll make it myself and upload for the rest of you.

And just another picture of the chest armour for the sake of pictures.
    Last edited by locitus; Apr 5, 2012 at 5:34 AM.
    Apr 5, 2012, 8:58 AM - Re: WIP: Locitus ESB Boba #54

Dude! Your suit's AWSOME!
    Apr 5, 2012, 9:56 AM - Re: WIP: Locitus ESB Boba #55

Quote Archaster777 said: View Post
    Dude! Your suit's AWSOME!
    Thanks! It's not nearly as good as some other peoples suits on here though.

I'm happy with my upgrades and changes I've made since I initially got it, but I think that had I started from scratch it could have been even better.
    Apr 5, 2012, 10:38 AM - Re: WIP: Locitus ESB Boba #56

Thanks! It's not nearly as good as some other peoples suits on here though.

I'm happy with my upgrades and changes I've made since I initially got it, but I think that had I started from scratch it could have been even better.
    If you did everything perfect the first time you'd have nothing to aspire to in your next costume Although I echo prior sentiments of it being a great suit so far. Nothing wrong IMO with always wanting to improve and learn techniques to do it better the next time.
    Apr 5, 2012, 6:50 PM - Re: WIP: Locitus ESB Boba #57

Thanks Katzy. You are correct.

I just want to remind others that it's still true that buying a finished costume will almost always be equally time-consuming as starting from scratch. And almost certainly more expensive. Not that I mind a long project or am in lack of money.
  8. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Apr 5, 2012, 8:06 PM - Re: WIP: Locitus ESB Boba #58

Quote Katzybugz said: View Post
    If you did everything perfect the first time you'd have nothing to aspire to in your next costume Although I echo prior sentiments of it being a great suit so far. Nothing wrong IMO with always wanting to improve and learn techniques to do it better the next time.
    Well even if you do EVERY thing perfect at the time, some JERK on TDH finds that this part here is this or that, and then you say well shoot, now I need to get me that, and so goes the never ending quest to complete the Fett. For example up until last year no one knew what the little nubs were on the back of the ROTJ helmet, the ESB gaunts and Jetpack. Someone who may very well be out of his mind said he thouoght he knew what they were. Did a ton of researching dental files, and found the right set of files, we now know that they were dental files. So now even the best suits out there are being upgraded and such...My best example could be kurtyboy really. He is always amazing me with the attention to detail in his suit. He is constantly getting new found parts, changing things so that they will be more accurate. From the real dental expander to his scope rings. His suit may be the closest to perfect IMHO that there is, BUT we still dont know what a few parts are. Like the Beacon on the Jetpack, its more than likely a found part, but we just dont know, the 4th shin tool, is it a push button toggle from a hospital bed? I think it might be, but theres not enough evidence to support that. So there are ALOT of really awesome Fetts but nothing is ever going to be perfect. I know I was pretty happy with my ROTJ Fett. BUT it was far from perfection, my ESB will be awesome but like cars for me nothing can ever be perfect, cause with advancements in technology or just something you pickup from someone else you find a better way or a nicer way to do things.

This is why I love the Fett, the small things that make the big picture awesome.
    May 5, 2012, 1:49 PM - Re: WIP: Locitus ESB Boba #59

Recieved the AM earth plugs from BojaGun today.

I got 4, but am keeping 1 as spare, so I only use 3.

Prestine:

Painted flat black:

Weathered and glue is curing on stock:

Used this picture is reference for the weathering and positioning:
    Boba Fett Empire Strikes Back Costume - Carbon Chamber - The Dented Helmet Gallery
  10. Turrican is offline Turrican
    May 7, 2012, 6:05 AM - Re: WIP: Locitus ESB Boba #60

That's realy looking good.
    Like your wip.
    Hope to see this in Billund this year.
    May 7, 2012, 7:04 AM - Re: WIP: Locitus ESB Boba #61

Quote Turrican said: View Post
    That's realy looking good.
    Like your wip.
    Hope to see this in Billund this year.
    Thanks!

Sadly you won't. I still need to replace the gauntlets and jetpack before i will even consider sending pictures to my GML. So I'll be my usual TK, but I'll bring my Alu-E-11
    May 7, 2012, 7:39 AM - Re: WIP: Locitus ESB Boba #62

Excellent!

How did you weather the plugs? I'll be getting mine soon.

Recieved the AM earth plugs from BojaGun today.

I got 4, but am keeping 1 as spare, so I only use 3.

Prestine:

Painted flat black:

Weathered and glue is curing on stock:

Used this picture is reference for the weathering and positioning:
    Boba Fett Empire Strikes Back Costume - Carbon Chamber - The Dented Helmet Gallery
    May 7, 2012, 7:42 AM - Re: WIP: Locitus ESB Boba #63

Quote clonecollector said: View Post
    Excellent!

How did you weather the plugs? I'll be getting mine soon.
    Fine-grit sandpaper. It was only one layer of paint, and it's not holding on too well so I have to redo some of it.
    May 7, 2012, 9:46 AM - Re: WIP: Locitus ESB Boba #64

I had to redo the weathering because too much paint flaked off. I tried to capture my original look and this time I sealed the paint with some matt clear coat after weathering.
  15. Turrican is offline Turrican
    May 8, 2012, 2:56 AM - Re: WIP: Locitus ESB Boba #65

Thanks!

Sadly you won't. I still need to replace the gauntlets and jetpack before i will even consider sending pictures to my GML. So I'll be my usual TK, but I'll bring my Alu-E-11
    Well than let us take some great TM shots and lets drink some german beer :-)
    May 8, 2012, 4:28 AM - Re: WIP: Locitus ESB Boba #66

Very good job! congrats
    May 8, 2012, 5:49 AM - Re: WIP: Locitus ESB Boba #67

Quote Turrican said: View Post
    Well than let us take some great TM shots and lets drink some german beer :-)
    Oh yeah!
    May 8, 2012, 5:49 AM - Re: WIP: Locitus ESB Boba #68

Quote StrumFett said: View Post
    Very good job! congrats
    Thanks!
    May 16, 2012, 5:13 AM - Re: WIP: Locitus ESB Boba #69

One of the reasons why my Boba Fett is taking so long is because I keep buying found parts to replace things I already have, instead of focusing on getting my jetpack and new gauntlets. But that's fine with me!

Here I've pretty much finished modifying the sonic beam weapon (far left) and it just needs paint. The anti security blade in the middle needs the paddle in wood/plastic and paint. The rods on it are aluminum replicas from Mojo-Fett. The "knife" (far right) just needs paint, then I'll leave as it is.

Quite the difference from the budget shin tools I had before, based on the visual dictionary.

Now I'm on the hunt for the correct scope rings. I bought a scope with almost the right rings that I might use for a while, until I get the real deal.
    May 16, 2012, 7:08 AM - Re: WIP: Locitus ESB Boba #70

Those new shin tools are awesome compared to the old ones and I love the idea to not convert the Survival Knife with blade which is not accurate and I have an image to proove that:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shin Tools Compatibility.jpg 
Views:	208 
Size:	403.9 KB 
ID:	61111

Keep up the excellent work!
    May 16, 2012, 7:58 AM - Re: WIP: Locitus ESB Boba #71

Quote RafalFett said: View Post
    Those new shin tools are awesome compared to the old ones and I love the idea to not convert the Survival Knife with blade which is not accurate and I have an image to proove that:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shin Tools Compatibility.jpg 
Views:	208 
Size:	403.9 KB 
ID:	61111

Keep up the excellent work!
    Thanks Rafal! That picture has me sold.
    May 17, 2012, 11:01 AM - Re: WIP: Locitus ESB Boba #72

A bit more progress on the shin tools. I haven't weathered the anti security blade because the misting effect I want requires an airbrush that I don't have. But I intend on getting one so I'm saving the weathering for later. The "knife" got a little physical weathering with a sanding paper though. It mostly took it fine, and where I went too far is only small parts not seen when in the shin pocket.

The "paddle" on the anti security blade is made of 5 mm plywood and is a perfect fit. For the size of it I followed WOF's shin tool templates.

May 18, 2012, 4:12 AM - Re: WIP: Locitus ESB Boba #73

awesome work!
    Jun 1, 2012, 7:53 AM - Re: WIP: Locitus ESB Boba #74

I've been a little slow on the updates recently, but I did some more work on the shin tools. I think I'll redo the electric tape on the sonic beam tool.
    Sonic beam and anti-security blade have been lightly sanded with a fine grit paper to add some fine scratches and dull down the gloss from the aluminium paint.
    Anyways...

25. Member Since
    Jun 2012
    Jun 1, 2012, 1:15 PM - Re: WIP: Locitus ESB Boba #75

nice work on this, very impressive! what helmet are you using?