Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Subscribe
    Dec 21, 2011, 12:32 PM - Re: WIP: Locitus ESB Boba #26

Got some toe spikes from Mojofett today.

Jan 3, 2012, 6:49 PM - Re: WIP: Locitus ESB Boba #27

During the holidays I finished the magnetic attachment of the exhausts. I'll add some black wash to hide the difference in green paint. I don't know what paint originally was used, nor do I think it's available here, so a perfect match is near impossible. The difference in color is a lot less obvious without the flash form the camera of course.

So, now I think the jetpack is as complete as I'm willing to make it before betting a new and better one.
    Jan 15, 2012, 5:33 PM - Re: WIP: Locitus ESB Boba #28

Hey guys. Time for the greatest upgrade to this armour ever!

I went to Helsinki and traded my jetpack and blaster for a paintjob by talented Frenzy. We had a blast and hopefully set a new record in armour painting. We worked through the night. I did the masking with masking fluid from windsor and newton following Rafalfett's templates (thanks for those Rafal!) while Frezy worked the airbrush. We finished what you see in less than 14 hours from a non-primered state of the parts. I had sanded off the previous paint job the days before so we'd have a new and clean surface to work on.

I haven't really attached the knee rockets yet. I will do that soon. Also, drilling the hole for them was maybe the scariest "precision" drilling I've ever done, and I wish the holes had come out a bit cleaner. But in any way, this armour is way better than it ever has been before. Wonky knee launchers or not.
    Last edited by locitus; Jan 16, 2012 at 3:20 AM.
    Jan 16, 2012, 1:16 AM - Re: WIP: Locitus ESB Boba #29

The new armor paint is excellent (the old one was ROTJ) and both you and Frenzy did an amazing job on these. How you will apply the chest and shoulder logos? Paint? Vinyl Decals?
    Jan 16, 2012, 2:19 AM - Re: WIP: Locitus ESB Boba #30

I think we both will order weathered decals from bobamaker. At least I will. Frenzy has the skill and parts to do the weathering himself if he changes his mind, but not me, so I'll get them weathered for sure.

And thanks! I'm really happy about the new paint job. Your templates were really easy to follow, even free handing the outlines by looking at the template next to the armour was not problem.
    Jan 16, 2012, 3:08 AM - Re: WIP: Locitus ESB Boba #31

I'm glad that my ESB armor stencils worked out good for you. Keep the excellent work coming!
    Jan 17, 2012, 5:48 PM - Re: WIP: Locitus ESB Boba #32

Great pictures bro! Although I'm a rookie airbrusher at best, I'm glad how it all turned out. I think the shoulder bells worked out best, while finishing them I thought "****, this is what my armor should look like!"

The wide areas are still quite challenging to paint with an even and smooth finish, I need to keep practicing. It was fun though, very nice experience and a neat bounty hunter co-operation! Thanks again!

Cheers,
    -Frenzy
    Jan 18, 2012, 2:20 AM - Re: WIP: Locitus ESB Boba #33

Yes, you did a fantastic job at those! I'm partial with the knees though. I think they look amazing.

Decals and anti-gloss varnish has been ordered, so soon this paint should be sealed up.
    Feb 1, 2012, 2:01 PM - Re: WIP: Locitus ESB Boba #34

Decals fitted and paintjob is sealed in matt varnish.

I had a lot of bad luck with the shoulder decal. It didn't want to stick to the paint on the shoulder, so I had to drip down some CA glue in between because the edges of the decal kept flaking off.

Of course CA glue always makes a big mess, making glossy streaks everywhere it poured out when I pressed the decal down. Luckily I tried adding another layer of the matt varnish and it covered up most of the mess the CA glue caused.

Next up is adding snaps to the armour and vest instead of the existing velcro attachment. I've never trusted velcro, and I won't start now. Soon my new belt and rifle sling from BBF should arrive as well. Looking forward to that!

Oh, and the knees are now done too!
    Feb 6, 2012, 6:36 PM - Re: WIP: Locitus ESB Boba #35

Love the Haloween picture. Very nice job.
    Feb 7, 2012, 12:47 AM - Re: WIP: Locitus ESB Boba #36

Thanks. Going to get even better once I finish replacing all the budget parts with high-end.
    Quote DracutToupin said: View Post
    Love the Haloween picture. Very nice job.
  12. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Feb 7, 2012, 2:07 AM - Re: WIP: Locitus ESB Boba #37

seal the decals they run if they get wet not that ever happens but it could lol...had that happen to my first set of BM decals...
    Feb 7, 2012, 2:28 AM - Re: WIP: Locitus ESB Boba #38

Quote Fett 4 Real said: View Post
    seal the decals they run if they get wet not that ever happens but it could lol...had that happen to my first set of BM decals...
    Hehe, thanks for the heads up! They are sealed up real good now after I had to CA glue the sides and corners. Decal glue wouldn't stick to the airbrush paint used.
    Feb 14, 2012, 3:27 AM - Re: WIP: Locitus ESB Boba #39

Got my BBF belt yesterday. It is awesome!

Here show with my mojofett sidearm. I still need to fit the velcro in the back of the belt so it'll fit my size but that's trivial.
  15. Member Since
    Feb 2012
    Feb 15, 2012, 9:15 PM - Re: WIP: Locitus ESB Boba #40

Looks Awesome.. Absolutely Cool! Keep up the good work!!
    Feb 15, 2012, 9:26 PM - Re: WIP: Locitus ESB Boba #41

Yeah your progress is looking good , love the halloween photos. What kind of helmet is that? It looks great.
    Feb 16, 2012, 6:28 AM - Re: WIP: Locitus ESB Boba #42

Thanks guys!

Helmet and armour are both Bobamaker. I modified the ear cap of the helmet to accept a more accurately sized aluminum range finder stalk.
    Feb 16, 2012, 10:58 AM - Re: WIP: Locitus ESB Boba #43

Today I mostly finished replacing the velcro with snaps on my chest armour and vest. I still have velcro on the collar armour. I havent decided what to do with that yet. So to celebrate, I tried on my stuff to see how it looked now that it's been repainted and I got the BBF belt and all that. I intentionally left some things out, like the back armour and cape. It's hard enough as it is to dress without help. Upper thigh pockets are just taped to the back of the belt on for now until I find a permanent solution I like.

Feb 17, 2012, 5:51 AM - Re: WIP: Locitus ESB Boba #44

That is awesome. I'm just starting. I dream of the day that i'll be able to look this good.
    Feb 17, 2012, 7:16 AM - Re: WIP: Locitus ESB Boba #45

Thanks buddy.

Just take your time and buy quality stuff from the start, so you don't end up buying things twice like me. You'll do fine!
    Mar 29, 2012, 1:52 PM - Re: WIP: Locitus ESB Boba #46

Sorry about the lack of updates. I haven't been slacking though. I recently got another jetpack greblie, the aluminium/brass beacon by Darkside, and a Stormrider EE-3 kit I've been building. It's not complete yet, but not much left except some weathering (which is the hard part for me right now)

The barrel can open and close the same way the Webley does (also makes mounting electronics at a later date easier). Trigger and hammer are static however.
    Chrome barrel is an Heiland 2-cell flash and the scope a Sussex 4x20 which is identical to the ASI.

Mar 30, 2012, 12:16 PM - Re: WIP: Locitus ESB Boba #47

Added stock greblies, and those screws under the forward scope ring. Also done some light weathering of the greblies.

Gave up on my scratch built sling mounts and ordered as set from ebay. Only thing left is attaching stock to D-bracket and gun grip. Thinking of ways to do that non-permanently for easy breakdown for travel.

May need more weathering. What do you suggest, and how?
    Mar 30, 2012, 12:47 PM - Re: WIP: Locitus ESB Boba #48

I love your build so far. There was one thing I wanted to comment for some time: the 4th shin tool should be changed to a steel pipe, because it's more accurate than that 'jetpack adjustment tool'. All the other parts looks good.
    Mar 30, 2012, 12:54 PM - Re: WIP: Locitus ESB Boba #49

Thanks Rafal. Means a lot!

I intend on replacing all of the shin tools eventually, just like the jetpack and gauntlents. Jetpack is already gone with the previous blaster. Just started recovering from the expenses of moving and buying new furniture. So soon I'll be ordering a commissioned JP from BFUK with the steel frame harness.
    Mar 30, 2012, 12:57 PM - Re: WIP: Locitus ESB Boba #50

Great so far bruv, I agree with RF that you should change out the 4th shin tho? also have you got the ESB thong going on... I ask as the cod looks as though it could be hitched up slightly... (just my 2p)