Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Subscribe
    Sep 19, 2011, 2:43 PM - WIP: Locitus ESB Boba #1

I though I should start a WIP thread. I bought a "finished" costume by forcebewithya some time ago. It was a great price but needs some upgrades before I'd be completely happy with it.

When I got it in the mail sent from overseas several parts, mostly the jetpack had broke and needed fixing. New shoes had to be bought and I got some MOW now as the included ones are far too big for me. I also modified the helmet to take a more accurate aluminum RF stalk instead of the resin one included with the bobamaker helmet. The braids have already been replaced with real horse hair.

I'm building this for 501st approval, but that's further down the road. First I'm going for halloween.

Here's what it looks like today

My roadmap is something like this:
    • Get a sidearm and holster - paid and waiting on delivery. FP holster and Mojo sidearm. - DONE
    • Fix missing greblies (knee launchers, toe spikes, etc), try to get as much aluminum as possible. - DONE
    • Replace the leather belt - DONE
    • Replace EE-3 with a new one - DONE
    • Get accurate chest-LED - DONE
    • Replace the jetpack
    • Replace the gauntlets
    While trying to save cash for the above I'll try to make little bits and bobs better with what I have.

Way down the road I imagine replacing pretty much everything that have not already been replaced, as I'm not really a "good enough" kind of person. Although chasing down the found parts is honorable I might stop shy of that.

Cheers!
    Last edited by locitus; Mar 30, 2012 at 1:57 PM.
    Sep 19, 2011, 5:08 PM - Re: WIP: Locitus ESB Boba #2

So far so good!
    Sep 19, 2011, 5:21 PM - Re: WIP: Locitus ESB Boba #3

Thanks!

Guess I should add that the knee armour was moved up and the elastics improved between picture 2 and 3. It looks really bad in picture 2, but it's already fixed.
    Sep 19, 2011, 6:58 PM - Re: WIP: Locitus ESB Boba #4

Nice! You'll get there in no time with a start like that.

Don't forget the thong by the way!
    Sep 19, 2011, 9:36 PM - #5

The pants are a bit loose from behind. But overall its a great setup!
    Sep 20, 2011, 1:59 AM - Re: WIP: Locitus ESB Boba #6

Thanks! I haven't forgotten the thong, just haven't gotten around to it yet. But I've prepared by adding a snap inside the cod piece. Getting some 1" elastic and colouring it light blue would work?
    Sep 27, 2011, 1:04 PM - Re: WIP: Locitus ESB Boba #7

So, today I got the Fettpride holster and Mojo Fett sidearm that I bought from Major. This is the only "big" thing that I was missing. The rest is missing greblies and replacing some stuff, like the jetpack and gauntlets. So it feels very good and I'm one step closer.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dsc0323m.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	451.4 KB 
ID:	55938  
    Sep 27, 2011, 3:20 PM - Re: WIP: Locitus ESB Boba #8

Off to a great start bro...
    Nice score on the sidearm and holster too! might wanna get more weathering on the sidearm.
    Sep 27, 2011, 3:40 PM - Re: WIP: Locitus ESB Boba #9

Yeah, I might do that. Any suggestions on where to add more weathering?

Thanks btw, bro!
    Oct 11, 2011, 3:45 PM - Re: WIP: Locitus ESB Boba #10

Got two packages today, one set of fettronics chest lights and a mini stormtrooper helmet. I've already mounted the lights and I'm feeling very happy about it. Fastest shipping ever. Insane.

I'm thinking I should open up the holes for the lights some more, not all of the digits show through properly, a bit on the bottom or top gets cut off. What's an accurate width and hight of the windows? Or should I just make it fit my lights?

Oct 12, 2011, 2:50 AM - Re: WIP: Locitus ESB Boba #11

I found this file but I'm not shure who did it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chest-Display_Schematic.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	67.6 KB 
ID:	56282
    Oct 12, 2011, 4:17 AM - #12

Thanks Ratal!
    Oct 16, 2011, 11:20 AM - Re: WIP: Locitus ESB Boba #13

Looks great
    Oct 16, 2011, 4:51 PM - Re: WIP: Locitus ESB Boba #14

Looks fantastic! Cant wait til i get my esb fett done. Currently being made by bobamaker
    Oct 16, 2011, 5:37 PM - Re: WIP: Locitus ESB Boba #15

Thanks guys, but there's a lot of stuff left to be done. And I'm afraid that a lot of my gear ain't cutting it in terms of accuracy so I'll need to replace that before I'm happy. But in the meantime I can have some fun!
    Oct 18, 2011, 12:19 AM - Re: WIP: Locitus ESB Boba #16

Hey man! love your costume (I'm so jealous...). I don't know if this will help or not but this is an image of the breast plate used in the actual movie (or so I was told. I got this off another link from a Dented Helmet Forum so don't take my word for it...).Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cestplate.png 
Views:	733 
Size:	660.0 KB 
ID:	56446Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cestplatetilt.png 
Views:	158 
Size:	584.1 KB 
ID:	56447

If I uploaded the pictures wrong, I'm sorry. Please let me know so I can correct it but I hope this helps!
    Oct 18, 2011, 1:55 AM - Re: WIP: Locitus ESB Boba #17

That chest armor and vest was never on film, most of the parts are from the Pre-Pro #2 suit, except the left chest plate which is from the Pre-Pro #1 armor, while the abdominal plate is unknown, but possibly made for Pre-Pro #2.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Suit 2.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	1.35 MB 
ID:	56448 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PP2.jpg 
Views:	208 
Size:	234.1 KB 
ID:	56449

There was a theory about this suit, and some said that the Pre-Pro #2 was the intended ESB Hero, but because the suit was stolen, they used the today known ESB setup. But this theory is so wrong in so many levels:
    1 - Now we know that this suit was never stolen (except the helmet and the jetpack, but long after ESB)
    2 - All the Sandy suits (Pre-Pro #2, ROTJ v1 and Sandy) had purely promotional and touring purposes.
    3 - The fact that the Pre-Pro #1, Pre-Pro #3 and the ESB Hero share almost the same armor scratches and phisical damage, and the Pre-Pro #3 and ESB Hero 'almost' the same helmet scheme is a perfect proof that this was intended to be on the Empire and not one of the Sandy suits.

See more here ==> The Boba Fett Suit Fact Files
    Last edited by RafalFett; Oct 18, 2011 at 2:15 AM. Reason: Added more info and images.
    Oct 18, 2011, 7:39 AM - Re: WIP: Locitus ESB Boba #18

Hopefully we can assume (it's a bad word, I know) that they used the same, or a similar setup for the chest lights independent on who painted the armour, and the cut outs for those lights should be about the same size. Whatever those measurements may be.
  19. KaanE is offline KaanE
    Oct 18, 2011, 7:49 AM - Re: WIP: Locitus ESB Boba #19

Quote RafalFett said: View Post
    I found this file but I'm not shure who did it.
    seven
    Oct 18, 2011, 8:17 AM - Re: WIP: Locitus ESB Boba #20

Quote KaanE said: View Post
    seven
    Thanks for clearing this for us!
    Oct 27, 2011, 2:37 AM - Re: WIP: Locitus ESB Boba #21

Some updates. I've scratch built some missing stuff as a last minute resort to look a little bit better on halloween. These are only temporary until I can replace them with more accurate stuff.

I added a thong between cod and kidney armour
    I made the square studs on the side of the cod from Fimo-clay
    I made a knee launcher (didn't turn out as I wanted to, but it's better than just a empty spot)
    I added some computer molex connectors to my EE-3 that was missing and looked a little naked.

Nov 7, 2011, 10:20 AM - Re: WIP: Locitus ESB Boba #22

He Locitus,
    excellent works!

Cheers
    BojaGun
    Nov 7, 2011, 10:35 AM - Re: WIP: Locitus ESB Boba #23

Thanks!

I almost forgot to tell you how halloween went. It went really good, and it was my first time fully suited up for a longer time. Some stuff I had fixed, mainly on the jetpack broke off, so I need to fix that again. But all in all it held up well and people really like the chest lights!

Here's a picture.

Nov 7, 2011, 11:13 AM - Re: WIP: Locitus ESB Boba #24

Great looking Fett!
    Dec 18, 2011, 9:44 PM - Re: WIP: Locitus ESB Boba #25

Thank you Clonecollector! Sorry for the late reply. I appreciate any and all feedback!

Hey guys. I recently got replacement parts for the JP stabilizer and beacon (which was missing altogether). They are resin, but then again I'm not planning on keeping this jetpack forever anyway. I opted for a removable solution, so I drilled small holes into their bottom and added M4 bolts glued in with epoxy and securing them with wing nuts on the inside of the jetpack.

I'm also working on attaching the JP exhaust pipes with magnets instead of gluing them down which seems futile as my previous two attempts at this both failed. So here I have 4 rare earth magnets glued inside the pipe under the green top I added to the exhaust pipes. There will then be 4 magnets embedded in the "ball" that is the other half of the exhaust. So in the future, when the pipes break off (which they undoubtedly will) at least they will be easy to re-attach. Just pop them on again!