I though I should start a WIP thread. I bought a "finished" costume by forcebewithya some time ago. It was a great price but needs some upgrades before I'd be completely happy with it.
When I got it in the mail sent from overseas several parts, mostly the jetpack had broke and needed fixing. New shoes had to be bought and I got some MOW now as the included ones are far too big for me. I also modified the helmet to take a more accurate aluminum RF stalk instead of the resin one included with the bobamaker helmet. The braids have already been replaced with real horse hair.
I'm building this for 501st approval, but that's further down the road. First I'm going for halloween.
Here's what it looks like today
My roadmap is something like this:
While trying to save cash for the above I'll try to make little bits and bobs better with what I have.
- Get a sidearm and holster - paid and waiting on delivery. FP holster and Mojo sidearm. - DONE
- Fix missing greblies (knee launchers, toe spikes, etc), try to get as much aluminum as possible. - DONE
- Replace the leather belt - DONE
- Replace EE-3 with a new one - DONE
- Get accurate chest-LED - DONE
- Replace the jetpack
- Replace the gauntlets
Way down the road I imagine replacing pretty much everything that have not already been replaced, as I'm not really a "good enough" kind of person. Although chasing down the found parts is honorable I might stop shy of that.