Ok, so the title is a little deceiving, I actually finished this bucket but I wanted to post about it in WIP format. The reason I did this is that this is my first paintup and I didn't know if it would take me 1 month or 3. I didn't want to have a thread active that I didn't know if I was even going to be able to finish in a timely manner. My goal is to post the entire thread throughout today and maybe have it all done by tonight.
First off I want to say that prior to starting this project I actually shopped around to have it painted within TDH. Not because I couldn't do it, but I didn't think I'd have time. My wedding is in November and that was eating up my time. While I got replies from some really great artists who were going to charge very reasonable prices, I finally decided to just MAKE time and do it solo. I want to single out Eric (Superjedi). Along my journey there were a couple of questions he was eager to answer for me. He is a true artist and a very helpful guy. Some members guard their info like it's pentagon launch codes. Eric didn't so I want to say thank you again before I start the thread.
FYI this is for a ROTJ SE Helmet based on C4 shots.
Also the only area I did layered was the back concrete/RLM, the rest is topical
What we have here for a canvas is one of Bobamaker's fine lids. I don't have to say what a piece of art it is in itself without paint, but I will. I enjoy everything about this bucket from the detailing to the light weight of it. I eventually want to own a FP also and maybe that will be my next paintup.
All feedback is welcome.
So on with the info and pics.
What we have to start off with is nothing much, I used the Lowe's store brand primer for this project. I have always liked how it dries evenly and quickly.
Next I have masked off and airbrushed the Concrete onto the back panels.
After that I have masked the bucket off and prepped it for the POG.
A progress shot showing the finished POG base coats
More to come!