I was working on an ROTJ-Boba since August 2009, now here are the steps of work, (posted them already in The BHG, so sometimes, the explanations seem well known-sorry 4 that)...
Please apologize my bad English....
Hereīs the list of the parts:
Armor: FP V3
Boots: Made by a German Garrison member
Several small stuff made by myself or bought in the cargo hold
I started up with making the cape out of a used tent square from the german army:
Costs: 5 Euros
Next part is the helmet, a Mystery from Sgt.Fang, TDH:
It arrived like this:
After raw Trimming (when Trimming was finished, the edges looked much better):
The next part, i tried to make by myself was the EE3 - the base for it was an old toy-pistol, Plastic-barrel and a scope, bought on ebay for a few bugs...
Hereīs the result:
The softparts are from cucblack(i know- the jumpsuit should be a light blue, then weathered grey and not a light grey suit-but nobodyīs perfect), the armor is an FP V3
Here we go:
One week later, all parts are trimmed and sanded, next is priming and painting....Ammo-Belt has also arrived...
Girth belt, dyed by myself, costs: 20 Bugs:
Gaunts are sanded..
Armor is sanded and primed....
Hinges glued into the Gaunts....
The next weeks I continued like this:
Armor sanded, primed and sprayed silver....
Gaunts sanded and primed:
unfortunately, the jetpack was broken, so i had to strengthen the interior with plastics and synthetic glassfibre- filling compound , then drilled the holes for the thrusters....
Right Gauntlet painted, left one is also painted, but still without rocket and buttons, and some weathering details are still missing- iīve planned to make some layers of grime and so on, you can see later:
Armor painted, with the first layer, which is much too bright, but iīve changed it within a second layer of paint and improved the scratch apttern to be more screenaccurate, you can see later…
Details abdomen plate(also still much to bright:
Did some detailwork on the Gaunts, painted the buttons on the calc pad as senn on photos of the MOM...
Working on the jetpack, first steps…
And the results after weathering the Jetpack an Gaunts with some grime and airbrush
Tried to make the Armor fit, but still too bright and with inaccurate scratchpattern…
Helmet almost ready, visor fixed with Epoxyd-Putty: Just have to complete the interior and the LEDīs on the RF
Jetpack finished-with all decals:
Jumpsuit weathered with an mixture of water, oil, and grime
Next layer of paint fort the armor: mixed 80% Humbrol 78, deckgreen, 18% Humbrol 76, light olive und 2 % Humbrol black 33 :
Photo with flashlights:
Weathering follows (Humbrol 79 grey/ black 33 etc)...
The codplate also got an new layer of colour(90% Humbrol 78 deckgreen, 10% Humbrol 3 brunswickgreen – as seen on some reference pics from MOM)
I hope, you can see the difference:
Version 2.0 without decals…tried to make the scratchpattern as accurate as possible…
Shoulders with weathering…
And yellow highlights around the dents and scratches
Details of the Abdomenplate….
Girthbelt dyed darker:
And Version 2.0 almost completed, unfortunately photographed with flashlights, so everything seems a little bright…and the chest decals is weathered too heavy, but I changed that…
Feedback and suggestions for improvement welcome…