Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Subscribe
    Dec 10, 2012, 11:24 AM - Re: WIP Ammo pouches fully functionnal #76

Here's a better view of what I’m referring to

Here's the look I'm going for on my PP2, found these pics on another prop board.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ESB%20belt%20(added%20sheen)%205.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	118.1 KB 
ID:	66009

Name:	ESB%20belt%20(added%20sheen)%204.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	116.1 KB 
ID:	66010

Name:	ESB%20belt%20(added%20sheen)%207.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	267.7 KB 
ID:	66011

Name:	supertrooperbelt1.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	108.5 KB 
ID:	66012
    Dec 11, 2012, 2:05 AM - Re: WIP Ammo pouches fully functionnal #77

Quote RafalFett said: View Post
    Oh my... That ammo belt looks killer, the best I've seen so far! Can't wait to see it 'fixed'. I'm surprised that nobody used your templates so far. I love your works and it seems that you have a lot of fun doing each and every part, especially that you work like an expert. Just keep up the quality work!
    Wow! words miss me... specially from Captain Precision
    you are too kind Rafal! But don't forget that your advices helped me a lot to lead this project up to the end.
    Dec 11, 2012, 2:18 AM - Re: WIP Ammo pouches fully functionnal #78

Quote Syper said: View Post
    Great job Brother!!! I enjoyed my coffee checking all your pics. I would love to make my own version with white vinyl then paint it. All the pre-pro's and promotional Fetts had a cheap vinyl look to them. Just my opinion but I feel a painted vinyl look is more accurate than a new looking leather ammo belt.
    Thanks a lot Bro!
    I agree with you. But the purpose of my costume is to troop with. So i was afraid that a painted belt was not rather resistant in time.
    So i chose to use a material which had a correct color and weather it after. My idea is to make my Fett more "realistic" with functional parts (rangefinder, pouches, blaster...).
    Dec 11, 2012, 9:19 PM - WIP Ammo pouches fully functionnal #79

Yeah I'm with you brother still your work makes me want to get off my ***, head to the garage and start cutting, glueing, painting and just getting my **** done truly inspirational!
    Quote Quote Posted from iOS app
    Dec 22, 2012, 11:55 AM - Re: WIP Ammo pouches fully functionnal #80

I try to fix the flap using an extra pouch.
    1 ) I cut about 4 millimeter at the beginning of the flap
    2 ) I marked the folds using an iron. Adjusted temperature to synthetic and used a wet cloth to avoid damaging the leather.
    Here's the result :

Name:	DSCN7723.JPG 
Views:	66 
Size:	86.4 KB 
ID:	66185Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN7722.JPG 
Views:	83 
Size:	89.2 KB 
ID:	66186

Is it better ?
    I still need to add wheatering but it's not the most difficult part if i start on a good base.

It gave me ideas of an evolution of the pouches :
    - integrate one of the magnet in the wood structure to avoid a too big thickness of the part of the flap which is glue in the front of the pouch(-> more accurate).
    - some evolutions to the leather pattern to simplify the shape and assembling.

I will certainly make a version 2 of the pouches later when all other part will be finished.
    Dec 22, 2012, 11:23 PM - Re: WIP Ammo pouches fully functionnal #81

Now that's a great ammo pouch! I can't wait to see the improved v2 ammo belt and pouch templates. Keep up the great work!
  7. Member Since
    Aug 2011
    Aug 14, 2013, 1:39 PM - Re: Ammo pouches fully functionnal #82

Quote StrumFett said: View Post
    EDIT : These files corresponds to an ancient version. Please use those in Post #1.
    First part of the tutorial :

EDIT 02/21/2012 : I add a zip file with the pattern in formats wmf an adobe illustrator (the adjustments will be easier).

This is the pattern in 3 PDF (A4 format). In this version there will be no gap in front as shown in the precedents pictures.(it's not a real problem because it will be invisible when the pouch will be finished).
    After you print the pdf and reconstitute the pattern, i recommend you glue it on cardboard to increase the strength.
    In the last pdf, you will find the pattern for the wood pieces i use for the structure.
    I use plywood of 3 or 4 millimeters of thickness. You can use also medium (i don't know if the name is the same in your country, it's wood reconstituted with particles and it's cheaper than plywood).
    In my next message, i will post a step by step tutorial with pictures.
    This is really great stuff, Strum (and Rafal!) - thank you both very much for the tutorial! Gives me hope that I can accomplish this!

Quick question - do you have the above templates for the leather that surrounds the wood in Letter format (or is it required to be in A4 format due to the size)? Thank you again!
  8. Member Since
    Aug 2011
    Aug 14, 2013, 2:50 PM - Re: WIP Ammo pouches fully functionnal #83

Few more quick questions:

For the stitching, do you recommend bonded nylon tan thread size 69, or something else (darker brown? different gauge? different material?)

When gluing any of the parts together, is there a specific type of glue you recommend over others that works well when bonding wood to imitation leather, magnets to imitation leather, imitation leather to itself, etc?

Thanks in advance!