Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Subscribe
    Apr 28, 2003, 4:01 PM - When nature calls: a Fett dilemma #1

OK, this is for all you folks who have worn your suits all day. My jumpsuit is a modified Dickie's with a zipper from the neck to the crotch. I was thinking that if I wore the suit all day (which I haven't yet done), I'd have to completely remove the jet pack, vest/armor, belts and cod to simply answer nature's call. I was thinking of actually putting in a second, small "back-up" zipper so I'd only have to remove the belts and cod piece. What have experienced conventioners done about this problem?
  2. Member Since
    Jul 2002
    Apr 28, 2003, 4:27 PM - Re: When nature calls: a Fett dilemma #2

Hold it
    Apr 28, 2003, 4:29 PM - Re: When nature calls: a Fett dilemma #3

and don't drink anything! lol
  4. Rogue Studios is offline Rogue Studios
    Apr 28, 2003, 4:55 PM - Re: When nature calls: a Fett dilemma #4

Actually you don't have a dilemma just get a two way zipper like we wore on our flight suits in the military they unzip at the bottom and at the top. These can be found at most major fabric stores.

Lee
    Apr 28, 2003, 5:08 PM - Re: When nature calls: a Fett dilemma #5

but try to get "clean" with the gauntlets on

and thanks god the flametrower isn't real

K A B O O M

6. Member Since
    Jan 2003
    Apr 28, 2003, 5:19 PM - Re: When nature calls: a Fett dilemma #6

Forgetting accuracy for the moment,
    You could put in one of those pajama bottoms, you know, the "flap".

Geoff
    Apr 28, 2003, 5:40 PM - Re: When nature calls: a Fett dilemma #7

Go before you suit up, and you'll sweat the rest out. I've gone up to ten hours suited up with the urge to go. Like Bob said, don't drink anymore than you have to and you should be OK. When in doubt, take a break, take care of business, and then suit back up.

I do plan on adding a double zipper to my new jumpsuit, just in case I can't hold it.
    Apr 28, 2003, 6:10 PM - Re: When nature calls: a Fett dilemma #8

Yup, because you never know when that Atomic Bean Burrito might kick in....
    Apr 28, 2003, 8:17 PM - Re: When nature calls: a Fett dilemma #9

My Dickies jumpsuit came with a double zipper. Check again, 'cus I didn't realize it had one for months after I got it. I too sweat out all my impurities and haven't had to drop trow and run, yet. My sweat stains were so bad after a con last May in the TX heat, that I added dress shields to both my suit and an under shirt. So far no more stains, but it's not summer yet!

Apr 28, 2003, 9:04 PM - Re: When nature calls: a Fett dilemma #10

With the "reverse zipper" on the jumpsuit, the only thing I have to remove for that situation at cons is the codpiece and belts. You can use the bathroom with the vest and jet pack still on, trust me.
  11. Member Since
    Jun 2002
    Apr 28, 2003, 9:14 PM - Re: When nature calls: a Fett dilemma #11

Mr Fett wrote:

With the "reverse zipper" on the jumpsuit, the only thing I have to remove for that situation at cons is the codpiece and belts. You can use the bathroom with the vest and jet pack still on, trust me.
    this thread conjours visions of boba sitting on the can, and i find it very amusing.
  12. Member Since
    Mar 2002
    Apr 28, 2003, 9:28 PM - Re: When nature calls: a Fett dilemma #12

As I recall this topic has come up before and this sight was suggested. http://www.sneakyleaker.com/default.asp
    The "sneaky leaker" now in his and hers. It allows you to "go" just about anywhere without tacking off your costume. It could be the answer to all your Fett rest room problems.
    Cheers,
    ST
  13. Member Since
    Oct 2002
    Apr 28, 2003, 10:41 PM - Re: When nature calls: a Fett dilemma #13

Man...I have you all beat in that dept.
    I thought all that out before I built my suit.
    My Jango is a 2 pc. Shirt & Pants. The combination of the vest, mid-belt and the ammo belt conceals that area anyway. No one can tell the difference and were really fooled that my setup wasn't a jumpsuit. I think Judge Dweed uses that same combo too. Whenever you gotta go...just undo your belts and your set to go whatever # nature calls.

Apr 29, 2003, 5:50 AM - Re: When nature calls: a Fett dilemma #14

Easy, try to go before you get suited up (even if you don't have to, just TRY). Make sure you don't drink anything like water... Don't stand near a water fall, that gets me all the time . And if you need to go while in the middle of a Con. RUN...

I've got it easy, all I need to do really is take my Cod piece off along with the belt & ZIIIPPPP... That feels gooood
  15. Admin Staff Star Wars Chick's Avatar
    Apr 29, 2003, 2:18 PM - Re: When nature calls: a Fett dilemma #15

All I can say is I'm totally screwed in that department! I should have done the 2 piece combo but didn't Oh well, you know us girls, we like to potty in groups so at least I should be able to have some help
    Apr 29, 2003, 2:43 PM - Re: When nature calls: a Fett dilemma #16

Boba Phat and Mr Fett are right. I just checked on my new Dickies, and yes, they come with a double zipper. That way I saved on the seamdresser to change the zipper for a double one.

Now on the #2 department...mmmmmm.....well...just go there:moon (even if you don't have to) before you suit up and PUUUUUSHHH!!!:evil

Robert
    Apr 29, 2003, 4:23 PM - Re: When nature calls: a Fett dilemma #17

Depending on how much 'weathering' you want in your jumpsuit, #2 might lend to that quite nicely.
    Apr 29, 2003, 9:19 PM - Re: When nature calls: a Fett dilemma #18

Mr Fett wrote:

Depending on how much 'weathering' you want in your jumpsuit, #2 might lend to that quite nicely.
    Well put, Mr.Fett!
    Now, applying that kind of weathering in the jumpsiut material does bring up some interesting imagery, but having it going down inside your pantlegs, while wearing it, is another picture altogether!
  19. b.fett
    Apr 29, 2003, 9:26 PM - Re: When nature calls: a Fett dilemma #19

20. Member Since
    Mar 2002
    Apr 30, 2003, 2:01 AM - Re: When nature calls: a Fett dilemma #20

I don't think they make a sneaky pooper..........yet..
    ST
  21. Member Since
    Oct 2002
    Apr 30, 2003, 8:15 AM - Re: When nature calls: a Fett dilemma #21

I guess Boba ROTJ really weathered his suit when the Sarlaac got him! I guess that's why he lived.....the Sarlaac tasted something FOUL and with a little WANG in it.
  22. Member Since
    Mar 2003
    Apr 30, 2003, 10:34 AM - Re: When nature calls: a Fett dilemma #22

drvfett wrote:

I don't think they make a sneaky pooper..........yet..
    ST
    lol
    Ah But sadly enough, they do. It's listed on the website as "Whose poopy is it?" "That's Right! You can $h*t anyhwere now!"
    How innovative.uke
    May 1, 2003, 3:40 PM - Re: When nature calls: a Fett dilemma #23

Mmmm...I was thinking...how about if you customize your jumpsuit, just a little bit...adding more pockets and pouches, this ones in the rear (pooper-scooper) and one under the cod armor: remember the bladder bags they use in hospitals full of #1 liquid???

Robert
  24. Member Since
    Mar 2002
    May 3, 2003, 10:20 AM - Re: When nature calls: a Fett dilemma #24

The 2-way zipper works for guys. Just thought I would post a word of caution. If you close your jumpsuit with velcro, don't try to make it really long and go around to the back without professional help. I got the idea to do it from ski pants, but the problem is that if you don't make a nice little casing for the velcro area, it will chafe your legs raw. The zipper is much better.
    May 3, 2003, 10:30 AM - Re: When nature calls: a Fett dilemma #25

Depends under garments, you can always paint the cod piece on the front and wear it on the outside With my jet pack, I couldn't fit in a stall, and if I stood at a urinal, I'd singe the hair right off the guys on either side of me