Subscribe
    Apr 8, 2007, 8:42 AM - What fabrics to ask for #1

Hey guys and gals I've been searching this forum for info on jumpsuit and flak jacket (vest) material and patterns. I've been to a few fabric stores trying to describe what color and materials I need and I just ended up sounding like an idiot, more than usual.

I'm on the fence between an ESB or ROTJ costume, but am leaning towards ESB. What kind of material do I ask for when I go to the fabric store? I don't know ANYTHING about the different fabrics. Everything seems either too thin for a jumpsuit or so thick it's for sofas and draperies.

What kind of material is the flack jacket (armor vest) made of?

Help plz ?
    Apr 8, 2007, 10:58 AM - Re: What fabrics to ask for #2

Try the search function on this Forum, there have been numerous threads that stated what the Fabrics are for the soft parts and several fabric runs for those who bought it in bulk and offered it to others...
    Apr 8, 2007, 4:10 PM - Re: What fabrics to ask for #3

I believe that you'll need 100% Cotton for the flightsuit and 'tackle twill' for the flak jacket. Good luck.

DAZ
  4. Member Since
    Oct 2006
    Apr 9, 2007, 11:59 AM - Re: What fabrics to ask for #4

Quote bobamaker said: View Post
    I believe that you'll need 100% Cotton for the flightsuit and 'tackle twill' for the flak jacket. Good luck.

DAZ
    Of course, when I went to my local fabric store and asked for "Tackle Twill" they gave me this look like i had snakes coming out of my ears and said "What is that? There's no such thing as Tackle Twill". /sigh. But I did get Cotton Twill and it looks/feels the same to me.
  5. Member Since
    Nov 2003
    Apr 9, 2007, 5:06 PM - Re: What fabrics to ask for #5

There is Tackle Twill. It was hard to find here too, and I ended up having to order it online.
    Apr 9, 2007, 6:25 PM - Re: What fabrics to ask for #6

Quote ForTheLoveOfFett said: View Post
    There is Tackle Twill. It was hard to find here too, and I ended up having to order it online.
    Do you mind sharing the website from where you ordered? That would help quite a few people in their fabric search.
    Apr 9, 2007, 6:42 PM - Re: What fabrics to ask for #7

What material do I ask for for a Boba vest? I think it's different from the jumpsuit isn't it?
    Apr 9, 2007, 6:49 PM - Re: What fabrics to ask for #8

Jumpsuit - 100% Cotton Twill
    Flak/Armor Vest/Jacket - "Tackle Twill"
  9. Member Since
    Nov 2003
    Apr 10, 2007, 7:28 PM - Re: What fabrics to ask for #9

Yea, no problem. I will ask the seamstress that ordered it for me what the website is. The material has to be dyed to the right color, but it is Tackle Twill.
  10. Member Since
    Nov 2003
    Apr 12, 2007, 12:41 PM - Re: What fabrics to ask for #10

Here is the website that I got the Tackle Twill from. It comes in white and has to be died.

http://fabrics.com

I dont have the actual id number on me at the moment for the Tackle Twill that I ordered, but I will post it once I get home.
    May 5, 2007, 1:52 PM - Re: What fabrics to ask for #11

anyone find out the ID #

thx
  12. Member Since
    Nov 2003
    May 7, 2007, 1:56 PM - Re: What fabrics to ask for #12

I knew I forgot something. I will post the ID# when I get home. I don't have the fabric swatch with me here at work.
    May 7, 2007, 2:37 PM - Re: What fabrics to ask for #13

thx..cant wait to order the stuff.