Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What do you think of this armor?

From
    U.S. California

What do you think of this armor?

Im not sure what to think of this armor. It looks pretty descent to me, and the price is so-so. I really would like FP armor, but he NEVER returns my messages. so tell me what you think of this.

From
    Amity

Re: What do you think of this armor?

eh... i dunno. you could always try MLC armor or BM armor. i think they are the next best thing to FP's. i love my fp armor . but FP is Really Really buisy you can always try pming him on the RPF forums. but he said hes got a mountain of PM's to go through. :/

I helped at SDCC '08 Jango 5204's Avatar
    From
    Central, Ca

pm sent

From
    Columbia, Missouri

It looks like the battle damage version of the armor I purchased off of ebay. I am starting to work on mine when I get the chance. Mine will require a bit of work to get some parts to fit because I am a larger guy but with some work I think it will work fine. Wish I had the battle damage type so I don't have to try to create damage myself.

I helped at SDCC '08 Gonzo Fett's Avatar
    From
    Fear and Loathing in a Galaxy farther...away...

Thought I beat you to the punch ....before you ask for comparison shots j/k

Here is my BM armor already painted. It has to be repainted to ESB damage and weathering :o http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showt...obamaker+armor

Just some differences I notice right off the bat is the back plate armor on yours. My back plate hugs my back perfectly. How does yours feel?

From
    U.S. California

This isn't my armor, it's some armor for sale on ebay. I was considering buying it, but I learned from my crappy recast helmet to ALWAYS consult The Dented Helmet before making ANY purchases. Gonzo, your armor looks pretty good. I never thought I liked BM armor, yours looks better than I thought. I also heard that FP armor is cheaper. BM is really really really expensive. But I probably will end up getting BM if FP never responds to me.

I helped at SDCC '08 Gonzo Fett's Avatar
    From
    Fear and Loathing in a Galaxy farther...away...

cookiemongoloid said:
    BM is really really really expensive. But I probably will end up getting BM if FP never responds to me.
    Yeah tell me about I'm still licking my wounds still
    But IMO it is worth every pence...err penny

From
    Savannah, GA

Pardon the newbie... MLC & FP? BM is no problem, but still need to figure out the others... Thanks...

From
    U.S. California

FP is Fett Pride, a member here who hasn't really been to active for some time now. He makes the BEST of the BEST of everything in my opinion. His armor is legendary, even here. I am not too familiar with MLC's stuff, I've heard he makes wicked jet packs though .

From
    Savannah, GA

cookiemongoloid said:
    FP is Fett Pride, a member here who hasn't really been to active for some time now. He makes the BEST of the BEST of everything in my opinion. His armor is legendary, even here. I am not too familiar with MLC's stuff, I've heard he makes wicked jet packs though .
    Only when I see the name do I go "Ahh so it is"... Thanks.

formerly joNich
    From
    Columbus, OH

Tack said:
    It looks like the battle damage version of the armor I purchased off of ebay.
    Tack...this is the same set I just bought too.

I'll let you guys know the quality when it receives.

From
    Columbia, Missouri

I am pretty impressed with the set. Not fiberglass or the such but for a first set I think it will work well enough.

JoNich- You look like a bigger guy, this armor is cut big so it should fit you well. I am 6'3" and 350. The front plates fit good on me, the back needs some extra shaping work to fit well. The leg and shin guards are slightly small in their original form but they can be shaped without too much trouble.

formerly joNich
    From
    Columbus, OH

I just received mine today. I'm pretty impressed. Cookiemongoloid...I bought the cheaper "non-dented" version of that armor pictured. It's from the same buyer. Tack got the same set.

I'd have to give it a thumbs up for my first set of armor. It's just about the same as what I would have done with sintra myself...and it's already cut and molded for me!

P.S., Tack, being a little smaller frame than you, it seems to fit almost perfect. But yes...I will have to do a little extra bending to "fine tune" it.

My brother has just purchased a set from the same guy. It's nice to know he's getting a deceant set.

Well, to be honest, here's my critique:

1) The chest armor is all wrong for Boba - too many straight lines

2) The shoulder bells are way too narrow.

3) Not a bad back piece but a little too rounded overall.

3) Collar plate is too skinny.

4) Pretty good on the dents- gotta admit that.

Not sure what this guy charges. I've made over 50 sets of Fett armor for here as well as on Ebay. Here's a few pics of my work:

My Jodo Kast version (essentially the same as Boba except for paint and damage)

and here's my custom (again with Boba chest armor but with the addition of Jango style legs)

Note: These are based on the WoL templates so all design credit goes to him.

And just for fun, here's custom back armor I made:

You can always PM me for info if you want.

From
    Columbia, Missouri

JoNich, good to hear that you won't have to do alot of work to get yours started. I have decided I probably won't even worry about the back armor at all, that way I can just focus on the front. I have also decided to go with a different type of leg armor and take the shin armor peices and work them into my gauntlets for a super custom look. My forarms are so big they fit perfictally on them where I would have to do some major bending to fit them on my legs.

Jodo_Kast: I agree the armor is not Boba or Jango perfict, I wouldn't have bought them if I was looking for a cannon costume. I want to do a complete custom Mando so exacts wern't in my requirments.

Tack said:
    Jodo_Kast: I agree the armor is not Boba or Jango perfict, I wouldn't have bought them if I was looking for a cannon costume. I want to do a complete custom Mando so exacts wern't in my requirments.
    Oh yeah, please understand that I was merely offering an objective critique of the armor. I'm way more custom friendly that most so no digs intended to the purchaser.

From
    Columbia, Missouri

No offense taken, just pointing out more to other readers that the armor is good for the custom mandos and the like.

seems like a sale push to me

From
    Hartville, Oh.

thewatcher said:
    Wow that was pretty harsh! It seems to me the guys are giving an honest review of a product, good and bad. Nothing more, nothing less.

didnt mean to sound harsh but i didnt think the armor looked that bad, and i didnt think that jodo casts armor was that spot on.just my opinion

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) The chest armor is all wrong for Boba - too many straight lines
    ( i see lots of straight line on jodo kast armor too)

2) The shoulder bells are way too narrow.
    ( how can you tell, it all still needs trimming )
    3) Not a bad back piece but a little too rounded overall.
    agreed

3) Collar plate is too skinny.
    how can you tell...i cant??

I think that with most props its all up to the person finishing the item.
    too much emphasis and critique is put on raw mouldings that still need a lot of work doing to them. so lets see what cookiemongoloid can do with this.

thewatcher said:
    Just offering alternatives. To be honest, I really don't do much Fett armor anymore. I was simply offering the most honest critique (from my point of view only) as requested by the thread starter.

Is my armor perfect? Of course not.
    Are my sk177z m@d? Not especially.
    Do I know a thing or two about sintra armor? You bet.

As for the armor from Ebay, I didn't say it was crap. I'm sure a custom would look awesome. All I was saying is that it wasn't accurate for Boba even though it had Boba style battle damage.

We now return you to our regularly scheduled forum reading!

sorry...didnt mean to be harsh or disrespective

No worries amigo.

If there was a far off land for people most misunderstood on the internet, I'd be thier king. :thumbup

From
    Katy, TX

If you are wanting FP armor or the equivalent, I would not bid on this, it would require a lot of work just to make it look descent.