Looking forward to seeing your progress with the armor Wes
  2. Member Since
    Jul 2013
    Jul 30, 2013, 3:47 AM - Re: Wes' ESB Fett Build #102

this build is insanely good
  3. Member Since
    Oct 2012
    Jul 30, 2013, 9:53 AM - Re: Wes' ESB Fett Build #103

I'm just waiting on my 99centtaco ammo belt and a FP sidearm/holster combo myself. Jetpack, EE3, and helmet are in paint right now as we speak. So close!!
    VERY nice build, Wes!!
    Jul 31, 2013, 9:31 AM - Re: Wes' ESB Fett Build #104

Thank you guys so much!

My RKD armor came in the mail yesterday and it's safe to say I was ecstatic over it..

Tried it on with my gear too (minus gaunts. had to hold it up so they were getting in the way)

And here's a brief layout of most of my parts. Not in this picture: my finished jetpack with aluminum beacon w/ light (thanks dark-side!), my aluminum knee darts, keyboard shoulder studs and Fettronics chest display.

Aiming to be done and ready to submit approval pics to the 501st on the weekend of the 24th. I'm waiting on a Kcr7pr harness, a 3D printed sidearm from AprilStorm, a finished EE3 from Sidewinder and a cape/braids combo from Woodman. Then I'm done for now. No upgrading for awhile haha. Though I love the look of the new FPH2 so that might be a must upgrade around the holidays.

As always let me know what you guys think! Armor is taped in place in this photos and not properly attached. I'm not sure if I want to go snaps or bolts for the attachment. Since this stuff is vacuumformed plastic and not fiberglass I'm not worried about it being damaged if it fell.... though that wouldn't be good haha.
    Jul 31, 2013, 9:41 AM - Re: Wes' ESB Fett Build #105

Your progress is amazing!
    And you have the PERFECT build for Boba Fett!
    One suggestion, though - trim the sides of the armor THIN! It's a detail alot of people miss, but it REALLY makes a difference, in my opinion.

Keep up the GREAT work!
    Jul 31, 2013, 9:50 AM - Re: Wes' ESB Fett Build #106

Amazing job Wes. Just starting out and I'm crazy jealous of your progress

I thought about the snaps but now I'm leaning more towards Chicago screws. Some Velcro for safety can't hurt either.

Looking forward to your armor paint up!

Question. Does darksides beacon come lit up or did you rig that?
    Jul 31, 2013, 9:54 AM - Re: Wes' ESB Fett Build #107

DeathProof said: View Post
    Amazing job Wes. Just starting out and I'm crazy jealous of your progress

I thought about the snaps but now I'm leaning more towards Chicago screws. Some Velcro for safety can't hurt either.

Looking forward to your armor paint up!

Question. Does darksides beacon come lit up or did you rig that?
    Thanks man!!! Your patients will be tested but you'll love every second of it!

His beacon comes with the light installed (for a little extra) but you still have to solder the diffuser to the wires of the battery box. Speaking of, I haven't done this part yet. Waiting on some help from a buddy.

I DEFINITELY recommend the light though. Just like with the lights in the chest display, I heard it gets an even better reaction from people.
    Jul 31, 2013, 9:56 AM - Re: Wes' ESB Fett Build #108

rubio95 said: View Post
    Your progress is amazing!
    And you have the PERFECT build for Boba Fett!
    One suggestion, though - trim the sides of the armor THIN! It's a detail alot of people miss, but it REALLY makes a difference, in my opinion.

Keep up the GREAT work!
    Thanks Rubio!! Means a lot! I was already thinking about trimming it down a bit. I noticed in ESB the armor is actually pretty thin so I'll make it work
  9. Jul 31, 2013, 11:51 AM - Re: Wes' ESB Fett Build #109

Looking good bro!
    Jul 31, 2013, 11:53 AM - Re: Wes' ESB Fett Build #110

Wes7 said: View Post
    I DEFINITELY recommend the light though. Just like with the lights in the chest display, I heard it gets an even better reaction from people.
    Ideally I'd love to put as many bells and whistles as I can. I'm just not very good at electrical so it would have to come to me ready to go. I heard people put lights in the gauntlets too?
    Aug 2, 2013, 7:05 PM - Re: Wes' ESB Fett Build #111

Ideally I'd love to put as many bells and whistles as I can. I'm just not very good at electrical so it would have to come to me ready to go. I heard people put lights in the gauntlets too?
    Yep some guys put Everready mini lights but that's a ROTJ thing to my knowledge. I'm not bothering with it right now.

Thank you for the kind comments guys!

I got a 3D printed sidearm in the mail today that requires some sanding and glueing (it's in 4 pieces). For a fraction of the price of a cast sidearm I'll take it!

Last edited by Wes7; Aug 3, 2013 at 1:06 AM.
    Aug 3, 2013, 9:27 AM - Re: Wes' ESB Fett Build #112

Yep some guys put Everready mini lights but that's a ROTJ thing to my knowledge. I'm not bothering with it right now.
    Actually the EverReady Minilight is part of the Pre-Pro/ESB right gauntlet, while the ROTJ lacks that feature (except the refurbished Pre-Pro #2 gauntlet from the AoSW/C-IV exhibits).

Nice looking sidearm you have there and I really like the RKD armor on you! Keep up the great work!
    Aug 3, 2013, 9:59 AM - Re: Wes' ESB Fett Build #113

RafalFett said: View Post
    Actually the EverReady Minilight is part of the Pre-Pro/ESB right gauntlet, while the ROTJ lacks that feature (except the refurbished Pre-Pro #2 gauntlet from the AoSW/C-IV exhibits).

Nice looking sidearm you have there and I really like the RKD armor on you! Keep up the great work!
    Oh okay! Thanks for correcting me Raf

I can't wait to get started on the sidearm when I get home on Monday.

My cape/braids shipped from woody a couple days ago and my armor decals shipped yesterday from Lucky so all I am waiting for is the harness I ordered from kcr7pr and my EE3 from SW.
    Aug 3, 2013, 9:59 AM - Re: Wes' ESB Fett Build #114

I've also seen a red light on the left gauntlet I believe closer to the elbow
    Aug 3, 2013, 10:38 AM - Re: Wes' ESB Fett Build #115

I've also seen a red light on the left gauntlet I believe closer to the elbow
    That is specific only for the ROTJ, but I think we never saw it lit up.
  16. Aug 3, 2013, 8:39 PM - Re: Wes' ESB Fett Build #116

Nice job with your build, sir. I like the colouring of your boots.
    Aug 3, 2013, 8:55 PM - Re: Wes' ESB Fett Build #117

Tried it on with my gear too (minus gaunts. had to hold it up so they were getting in the way)

Nice Wes, the armor does fit your build really well. I'm looking forward to how this is going to turn out.
    Last edited by sleepalot; Aug 3, 2013 at 9:00 PM.
  18. Member Since
    Apr 2011
    Aug 8, 2013, 4:35 PM - Re: Wes' ESB Fett Build #118

*** I love your progress!!
    Aug 8, 2013, 9:02 PM - Re: Wes' ESB Fett Build #119

Armor looks great. I love seeing this all come together.
    Aug 10, 2013, 9:19 AM - Re: Wes' ESB Fett Build #120

Thank you fellas! Expect a huge update in a week or two... and it's not just me being finished. Stay tuned
    Aug 10, 2013, 8:48 PM - Re: Wes' ESB Fett Build #121

Seeing all these builds is just making me uber excited. I have most of my stuff on order...but the anticipation is just crazy
    I'm with you, but i need to get off of the computer and back to work on my suit!!!
    Aug 15, 2013, 1:17 AM - Re: Wes' ESB Fett Build #122

Here's a little update before the big one next week... I finished one of April Storm's 3D printed sidearms. Came in 4 pieces of hollow plastic. Really light and good for trooping (or so I think). Here is a before and after comparison.

imageuploadedbytapatalk1376547392-680758-jpg

And here it is in my real nemrod.

imageuploadedbytapatalk1376547417-828808-jpg
    Aug 16, 2013, 3:06 PM - Re: Wes' ESB Fett Build #123

Great work, can't wait to see this finished. I need to get my but in gear to get my build done.
    Aug 21, 2013, 11:22 PM - Re: Wes' ESB Fett Build #124

I'm done! Since I took this pic I attached my butt plate and thong. Taking app pics tomorrow night and will post those too! Let me know what you think!

Aug 21, 2013, 11:29 PM - Re: Wes' ESB Fett Build #125

Dang bro! That looks awesome! Really impressed man. I am unfortunately hitting road bumps, but this just lit my fire like a Saturn V rocket!