Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Wes' ESB Fett Build

From
    Orlando

Wes' ESB Fett Build

Finally decided to start my own build thread on here... how exciting.

Anyways, I've been putting parts together for this guy since October/November and plan on being finished this coming October/November. I'm aiming for as much accuracy as I can afford working with my Garrison's GML to meet 501st requirements. It's been a fun journey already and I can't wait to have a finished suit.

First thing I did was buy an ASOK Cold Cast from another member here. I can't begin to describe how incredible these buckets are and they aren't expensive at all. ASOK is a great guy to contact about them as well. My friend ZW painted it to be what it is today and I couldn't be happier.

Next up is my ManOfWar studios Jetpack. Again, couldn't be happier with how incredible this kit was out of the box. Assembled and painted by my buddy ZW again. I'm waiting to get MoJo's stabilizer and DarkSide's beacon, otherwise it's 99% finished.

Recently I got a package from Arkady for my vest, neck seal, flight suit and pouches and WOW. I can't recommend Carole enough because the turn around was a week exactly and shipping only took 2 days. The price is the best there is for tailored soft parts.

I know I need to put the neck seal under the vest not the FS. Woops

As of now, I'm waiting on an order of ManOfWar gauntlets, Bobamaker armor w/ knee darts and a Stormrider sidearm.

Thanks for checking out my build!
    Last edited by Wes7; Feb 16, 2013 at 3:12 PM.

From
    England

Re: Wes' ESB Fett Build

Yes! Awesome. I'm expecting a big order from BM soon and I can start my own thread. Boom.

From
    Galati, Romania

It looks great so far! It seems that those guitar racks are specially made for Fett jetpacks. Just keep the awesome updates (with lots of images) coming!

From
    Pennsylvania

I never thought of using guitar stands, I should get a few. Anyway the suit is coming along great and your buddy's paint jobs look really good.

From
    Orlando

RafalFett said: View Post
    It looks great so far! It seems that those guitar racks are specially made for Fett jetpacks. Just keep the awesome updates (with lots of images) coming!
    Thanks man! It means a lot coming from the Fett expert himself.

Jc27 said: View Post
    I never thought of using guitar stands, I should get a few. Anyway the suit is coming along great and your buddy's paint jobs look really good.
    Thank you sir! His paint work is phenomenal. Definitely pick up some stands because they're great. They seen a bit front heavy but it's fine if it has a strap.

From
    Louisiana

Awesome! Looks great so far. I'm glad you started a WIP thread! I can't wait to see it all come together!

From
    Orlando

red white said: View Post
    Awesome! Looks great so far. I'm glad you started a WIP thread! I can't wait to see it all come together!
    Thanks man! Appreciate it. Btw, thanks for those Mardi Gras beads I'm going to make a post on instagram tomorrow showing them off

From
    Kent , UK

Great start , you've got some nice gear there

From
    Ireland

Those soft parts look great in this pic, really selling it to me, yep! when i get some funds together think i'm going to contact Carole
    Very nice stuff so far

From
    Minneapolis, MN

The helmet & soft parts look amazing. That's a great helmet pic for reference as well. Is there a thread or can anyone let me know what the specific differences between the ESB and ROTJ helmets?

great build by a great guy!!

looks great!

From
    Limerick, PA

Everything looks awesome. This is going to be a great suit. Well done. Where did you get your gloves? Also, don't forget to paint the inside of the thruster side caps red.

From
    Orlando

Huge thanks to everyone for the nice comments! Plan on ordering a BBF belt next week and MOW boots next month.

Matty Matt said: View Post
    Everything looks awesome. This is going to be a great suit. Well done. Where did you get your gloves? Also, don't forget to paint the inside of the thruster side caps red.
    Thanks Matt! Gloves are from saint_nasty's holiday run. Love how light they are.

From
    Albuquerque

Another epic build in the making right here folks...along with Matty's as well. Can't wait to see this one unfold too.

Sweet looking kit so far!

From
    Orlando

redkraytdragon said: View Post
    Another epic build in the making right here folks...along with Matty's as well. Can't wait to see this one unfold too.
    Means a lot coming from you Will. It's definitely a test of patience because I want to be done now! Haha

Bernarr said: View Post
    Sweet looking kit so far!
    Thank you!

From
    Orlando

Got a question for you guys. What are my options for a sidearm holster? I honestly don't have the funds right now or else I would jump on that other spot in that interest thread in the cargo hold. I'm really worrying that when I do have the funds in a few months that there won't be any opportunities. Any thoughts?

From
    Pennsylvania

I know bobamaker makes a leather holster that was given the ok by my 501st advisor. I don't remember how much daz quoted me on it but I think it's around the same price as the FP holster. I can look at my old emails from daz and see if I have the pics and price if you would like.

From
    Orlando

Jc27 said: View Post
    I know bobamaker makes a leather holster that was given the ok by my 501st advisor. I don't remember how much daz quoted me on it but I think it's around the same price as the FP holster. I can look at my old emails from daz and see if I have the pics and price if you would like.
    I've actually talked to Daz about it. I'm sure his holsters are phenomenal I'm just having a hard time paying the same amount the sidearm costs. This is the only thing I'm not liking about the ESB. I just wish it wasn't so rare!

From
    USA

Wes7 said: View Post
    I've actually talked to Daz about it. I'm sure his holsters are phenomenal I'm just having a hard time paying the same amount the sidearm costs. This is the only thing I'm not liking about the ESB. I just wish it wasn't so rare!
    I hear you there man. The sidearm and holster pushes me towards ROTJ/SE more than anything. Its ridiculous how much the two are together. Great build so far btw

wes you should contact KCr7pr...i have one of his holsters and it cleans up real nice.

From
    Orlando

sausagemahoney said: View Post
    wes you should contact KCr7pr...i have one of his holsters and it cleans up real nice.
    Done and done

From
    Orlando

Mini text update: Ordering MOW boots and dark-side's jetpack upgrades. Also hoping to get a BBF belt sometime next month...stay tuned..

From
    Minneapolis, MN

BBF's belts are just awesome. I got my ROTJ/SE belt a couple weeks ago and shed a few tears of joy when I pulled it out of the box. Your build is looking great! Looking forward to how it progresses.