instead of trimming the shin tools, i'd suggest taking the pockets off and either lower them or make new ones that fit the tools.
I didn't even noticed the cutting tool hiked up, but it should be fine once I add velcro to keep them more secure. This is how they look when sitting properly inside the pockets
But that problem is still the thigh pockets/kneepads/shin tools are just too bunched up. The bottom of the thigh pocket is practically on top of my knee and looking at pics
If I compare this pic to the one in my first post, It really looks like I just need to have more space between the thigh pockets and the shin tools and I should be fine. I seem to have too much space on my upper thigh so 2" higher should do the trick
The knees on that ROTJ suit are a little higher than it should be (at least this is how I see it). It's more like this:
hmmm, I never knew the shin tools overlapping the kneepads would be "accurate". thanks for that.
Your belt is in process. You'll be able to add photo to you progress soon.
Great news, Terry. Thanks so much. I just tried on your jetpack metal harness and it's just so comfortable. I'm sure your ammo belt will be just as awesome:thumbsup
So after a few set backs, I ended up selling everything earlier this year and only keeping my helmet and thought I could put this all behind me....Fast forward to a few months ago when I got back the gauntlets I originally commissioned and I was sucked right back into this project full swing and since my V2 Boba Fett Project has started, I'd like to give plenty of thanks to everybody who's helped.
Master Replicas - Helmet
Woody - Soft parts
99CentTaco - Ammo Belt
Clonecollector - MoW boots/spikes
RKT - all armor
Fettronics - LED circuit board
Spidey - Blaster
Saint Nasty - Gloves
MoW - Jetpack
SEEKER - Jetpack strap/harness
Shelby - Mannequin pose
and last but not least, Darth Vorhee's - painting/assembling/guru/everything else. I can't thank all of you enough. I was going to update this once I get everything back from Lou but I just finished assembling the mannequin that Shelby re-posed and I'm so excited to finally be so close to finishing this. Here's a test shot with the blaster I took just to make sure it'll be secure,lol
Bahaha! I must say Boba has never looked so intimidating! That's an awesome pic verbal! :D but seriously, good to see you're back on the case! Look forward to seeing a bit less of Boba..... If you know what I mean?! ;)
Oh good god i better get the parts to you ASAP he's naked!!!! LOL
This. Is. Frightening.
ok, a slightly lesser naked pic;) I promise he'll be fully clothed in the next one, I just had to get the flightsuit tailored a little bitand this is just a test fit of a majority of the parts. But yeah, I'm so close to the finish line, just waiting on shin tools and an MoW Jetpack and then I can sit back and just stare at this thing all day and night.
lookin good for a naked fett :thumbsup
He's got the TV reporter no pants look:) sweet
Still looking good.
thats a new reporter with style:lol but i think you must bring those breast plates in a bit more, they are to spread out, other than that looking good!
Looks great! :) Good thing those armor panels are on with magnets..you can just shift em around :)
got to love the magnets, that is what i have chosen
haha yea they are! I noticed the armor JUSTt fits on the vest too. The slightly larger size of the RKD armor makes it a tight fit on the vest. If i realized that i could have hiked the collar up a tad more but i was able to get it pretty good, so with some shifting you should be able to as well. :)
believe it or not, it's actually perfect...on me...which is what most matters anyway;) The thing is since my mannequin doesn't have quite the stomach weight I have, it sort of just bunches up. I'll probably put an old paintball padding shirt I have underneath it and with the flight suit on there as well, it should give it the bulk it needs to sit right on the mannequin.
I was so excited to get the jumpsuit back from the tailor that I forgot to take more pics. I spent about an hour futzing the mannequin and adding bubble wrap to bulk up it's mid section a bit to help the flak vest get filled out more and I'm very happy with the results.
Only thing missing are a couple more gauntlets hoses, and just waiting for my shin tools and jetpack. Can't believe how close I am after yeeeearssss. I'll try to take some more pics this weekend when I can get some good lighting in my place.
Fettronics chest lights added. It really brings this thing to life.
Looks great jay! Its really comin together! The gaunt hoses should be in the jumpsuit sleeve though, not the vest :)
Love it! Hope mine comes out half this good! Look forward to seeing some more! :)