Velcro Armor?

Velcro Armor?

New to all this. just bought and painted some armor. As far as attaching is velcro the best way to go. Is adhesive velcro good enough to stick to a jumpsuit or coveralls. saw some adhesive velcro on ebay pretty cheap. Just not sure if I should be looking at industrial strength or sewn.

Re: Velcro Armor?

I'd go with the bolt in method, supplementing with velcro - I just use the stuff from the Home Depot - industrial strenght. the adhesive is pretty strong, but obviously having the stuff sewn on is ideal.

From
    North Hollywood, California, United States

Hey Goose. Welcome. You should search around here a bit before you Velcro. There are some good threads on attaching armor. Here is one for starters:
    http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showt...ttaching+armor

I am bolting mine, but will do so in a way that I don't need to make a copy of the armor as a template.

Happy searching

Hello,

I'd suggest spending a good amount of time looking at old threads and the wiki here.

Under tutorials in the wiki, you'll find some discussion about different ways to put the kits together:

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/wiki/Tutorials

Lots of good info to be found!

Account Deactivated

Use Velcro first.
    Sew the fuzzy to the jumpsuit & use the Industrial Strength peel & Stick kind on the armor.
    After you have worn it a few times & get it exactly where you finally want it, then use a more secure method.
    You will be happy that you didn't jump in & attach your armor with nuts & bolts first.
    Putting it in the wrong location will mean replacing your vest.

From
    Pocatello, Idaho

Good question, goose. I'm paying attention right along with you (especially since I'm using metal armor). Alot of good advice, too. Boo boo, any chance you're gonna be doing a tutorial/WIP on the attachment method you're going to use?

thanks everyone, i want to be boba now!!!! the velcro then bolting method sounds like the way to go. but i'll do some more research through past threads as well. enjoying the TDH experience so far.

slave1pilot said: View Post
    Use Velcro first.
    Sew the fuzzy to the jumpsuit & use the Industrial Strength peel & Stick kind on the armor.
    After you have worn it a few times & get it exactly where you finally want it, then use a more secure method.
    You will be happy that you didn't jump in & attach your armor with nuts & bolts first.
    Putting it in the wrong location will mean replacing your vest.
    Amen brother. You can probably carefully remove the bolts from the armor if you need to adjust their placement, but if the grommets are in the wrong place (i.e. where the armor isn't going to cover), you're pretty much screwed.