Usable ammo belt pouches, how to?Subscribe
    3 Weeks Ago - Jan 18, 2016, 8:55 PM - Usable ammo belt pouches, how to? #1

Somewhere I swear I read a thread about how to make functional ammo belt pouches. I've searched myself silly, can someone help me locate the thread? Thanks. About to start my belt build up.
  2. Become a member for 90 days and create 50 posts and you won't see these ads.Register now!
    3 Weeks Ago - Jan 18, 2016, 8:59 PM - Re: Usable ammo belt pouches, how to? #2

3 Weeks Ago - Jan 18, 2016, 11:08 PM - Re: Usable ammo belt pouches, how to? #3

Quote syllander said: View Post
    Yes I've read that several times, and it's great! But, I recall a thread about ammo pouches that were hollow inside. I'd like my pouches to be hollow/usable if I can make them that way. Maybe I'm confusing this thread and another about another costume part. Or wishful thinking?
  5. Member Since
    Oct 2015
    3 Weeks Ago - Jan 18, 2016, 11:13 PM - Re: Usable ammo belt pouches, how to? #4

I made mine useable by using batninjas tutorial but using thin wood or sentra. You can see a few pictures and videos in my work in progress thread if you used a thinner board than me it would be more useable. Maybe a card board with a real thin resin layer on it?
    3 Weeks Ago - Jan 19, 2016, 12:13 AM - Re: Usable ammo belt pouches, how to? #5

Quote Stormcrow85 said: View Post
    I made mine useable by using batninjas tutorial but using thin wood or sentra. You can see a few pictures and videos in my work in progress thread if you used a thinner board than me it would be more useable. Maybe a card board with a real thin resin layer on it?
    Maybe that was it, thanks. I can't imagine being able to sew them, so I was stumped!

Edit: Yes! Stormcrow85 your thread is where I saw this, thanks. I'll see what I can come up with. Little plastic boxes would be best, I want them to be strong too. Maybe I could just do it with a block as a mold but I'd be afraid of them crushing or otherwise losing shape. The idea of magnet closures is a good one. I'm thinking these would be a great place to hide my 9v batteries, and maybe even use one or more snaps as activation buttons. Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by Gregory; 3 Weeks Ago at 12:22 AM.
  7. Member Since
    Oct 2015
    3 Weeks Ago - Jan 19, 2016, 12:34 AM - Re: Usable ammo belt pouches, how to? #6

I decided not to use magnets just because I didn't have a ton on hand and velcro works great. I was thinking today that a card box that you put baseball or collector cards would be a great thicknessfor them but just the wrong size. A bead of hot glue would probably keep them sturdy enough, cut down on weight and maximize useable space.
    3 Weeks Ago - Jan 19, 2016, 11:23 AM - Re: Usable ammo belt pouches, how to? #7

3 Weeks Ago - Jan 19, 2016, 5:57 PM - Re: Usable ammo belt pouches, how to? #8

Maybe! It was a long time ago. I'll have to look through that, it looks amazing.