Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Subscribe
    Oct 22, 2013, 7:58 AM - Re: UPDATED PRINTABLE ARMOR TEMPLATES - In various sizes #176

Quote Jesuit24 said: View Post
    Looking at the 5'6", how would I get these onto A4 paper while retaining the armour size and not cropping off?
    I think you will need to reduce the medium armor with 5% in the printer settings.
  2. Become a member for 90 days and create 50 posts and you won't see these ads.Register now!
    Oct 22, 2013, 3:21 PM - Re: UPDATED PRINTABLE ARMOR TEMPLATES - In various sizes #177

5% worked great, thank you. You just saved me a tonne of time trying to figure it out for myself.

As with Braveheart93 above me, I'm a bit confused with the codpiece. I'm assuming the cod piece centre plate is the part that descends vertically and the cod piece left, right and centre is the part that folds off at an angle, which leaves a gap to be filled. Do I line that with bondo? I have experience using car filler to remove imperfections and strengthen things but I've never used it as a bridge between two points before.
    Oct 23, 2013, 12:39 AM - Re: UPDATED PRINTABLE ARMOR TEMPLATES - In various sizes #178

5% worked great, thank you. You just saved me a tonne of time trying to figure it out for myself.
    You're welcome!

As with Braveheart93 above me, I'm a bit confused with the codpiece. I'm assuming the cod piece centre plate is the part that descends vertically and the cod piece left, right and centre is the part that folds off at an angle, which leaves a gap to be filled. Do I line that with bondo? I have experience using car filler to remove imperfections and strengthen things but I've never used it as a bridge between two points before.
    Alan (WoF) is already working on an updated cod piece. You can find his WIP thread here ==> WOF Boba 3D Cod Armor Templates – DRAFT –.
    Oct 23, 2013, 6:23 AM - Re: UPDATED PRINTABLE ARMOR TEMPLATES - In various sizes #179

Looks to be a big improvement. I'll keep an eye on it, thanks.
  6. Member Since
    Oct 2013
    Oct 30, 2013, 7:15 AM - Re: UPDATED PRINTABLE ARMOR TEMPLATES - In various sizes #180

Thats awesome, was looking for some reference material for my sons Boba Fett costume. This site is great.
  7. Member Since
    Oct 2013
    Dec 15, 2013, 8:29 PM - Re: UPDATED PRINTABLE ARMOR TEMPLATES - In various sizes #181

what would you reccomend for someone 6 feet 3inches
    Last edited by Brien; Dec 15, 2013 at 8:29 PM. Reason: typo
    Dec 15, 2013, 9:41 PM - Re: UPDATED PRINTABLE ARMOR TEMPLATES - In various sizes #182

Quote Brien said: View Post
    what would you reccomend for someone 6 feet 3inches

Send me an e-mail @ wizardofflight@comcast.net and I will send you the 6'-3" templates in PDF

Alan
  9. Member Since
    Feb 2014
    Feb 14, 2014, 9:01 PM - Re: UPDATED PRINTABLE ARMOR TEMPLATES - In various sizes #183

wouldnt it be easier to make a jawa costume :P
    Mar 16, 2014, 9:20 PM - Re: UPDATED PRINTABLE ARMOR TEMPLATES - In various sizes #184

Great work man! But, if it is possible, put the size in centimeters too. I needed to go to a chart to see my size, hahaha! I'm from Brazil and the default here is in centimeters. But, again, great work!!!! Help me a lot!
  11. Jun 6, 2014, 3:21 PM - Re: UPDATED PRINTABLE ARMOR TEMPLATES - In various sizes #185

Thank you very much! You're doing a good thing here!
  12. Member Since
    Nov 2014
    Nov 1, 2014, 4:08 PM - Re: UPDATED PRINTABLE ARMOR TEMPLATES - In various sizes #186

Dear Alan, Thanks for the armour templates, great, fitted perfectly, wouldn't have been able to have a fett outfit without them- thanks for the amount of effort it must have taken to do all this for others, you are a legend!
    Nov 21, 2014, 2:11 PM - Re: UPDATED PRINTABLE ARMOR TEMPLATES - In various sizes #187

Thanks alot, even if there are tutorials for scaling armors you saved me a great deal of time.
  14. Member Since
    Dec 2014
    Dec 10, 2014, 11:01 PM - Re: UPDATED PRINTABLE ARMOR TEMPLATES - In various sizes #188

Hey i was seeing if i could get the templates for 6'2? the ling on the first page for some reason wont work for me.
    Dec 21, 2014, 5:02 PM - Re: UPDATED PRINTABLE ARMOR TEMPLATES - In various sizes #189

can someone walk me through or send me a tutorial on how to print something this big with a regular printer...? that would be an awesome help...how to print it on scale and tape the pieces together I guess?
  16. Member Since
    Sep 2014
    Feb 1, 2015, 1:47 PM - Re: UPDATED PRINTABLE ARMOR TEMPLATES - In various sizes #190

You sir, are a saint.
  17. Feb 26, 2015, 10:10 PM - Re: UPDATED PRINTABLE ARMOR TEMPLATES - In various sizes #191

I'd just like to thank you so much for these! I just printed mine and am about to start my first project. I'm doing a cross-over BobaFett and I don't know how well that's accepted on this website, but I hope it is! I want to be as accurate as possible...yet...make a wonderful cross-over. Cross-over cosplays are very popular right now and I'd just like to do a nice job. I'm doing a Wonder Woman/Boba Fett....or WONDERfett if you'd like. This is my first post on this site and my first attempt. I'm anticipating many members won't like it, but I'm hoping for some support.

Thanks again!
    Alkali
    Apr 18, 2015, 12:24 AM - Re: UPDATED PRINTABLE ARMOR TEMPLATES - In various sizes #192

Firstly Amazing files and thank you so much for them

So if i print these onto A4 (as above using a 5% setting)

What material are people using to build this from ?
    Apr 20, 2015, 8:34 PM - Re: UPDATED PRINTABLE ARMOR TEMPLATES - In various sizes #193

Quote alkalilayke said: View Post
    I'd just like to thank you so much for these! I just printed mine and am about to start my first project. I'm doing a cross-over BobaFett and I don't know how well that's accepted on this website, but I hope it is! I want to be as accurate as possible...yet...make a wonderful cross-over. Cross-over cosplays are very popular right now and I'd just like to do a nice job. I'm doing a Wonder Woman/Boba Fett....or WONDERfett if you'd like. This is my first post on this site and my first attempt. I'm anticipating many members won't like it, but I'm hoping for some support.

Thanks again!
    Alkali

Well, I'd say the best way to find out how the community feels about it is to make a build thread!

You may want to try that on the RPF, though. It has a much broader spectrum of costuming.

Good luck!
  20. Member Since
    May 2015
    May 8, 2015, 4:41 PM - Re: UPDATED PRINTABLE ARMOR TEMPLATES - In various sizes #194

Good morning/afternoon/evening everyone. First time poster here. Has anyone covered how to safely heat and shape trash can plastic?
    May 9, 2015, 11:29 AM - Re: UPDATED PRINTABLE ARMOR TEMPLATES - In various sizes #195

Quote Moorkey83 said: View Post
    Good morning/afternoon/evening everyone. First time poster here. Has anyone covered how to safely heat and shape trash can plastic?
    I would guess using a heat gun.
  22. Member Since
    May 2015
    May 10, 2015, 11:21 AM - Re: UPDATED PRINTABLE ARMOR TEMPLATES - In various sizes #196

Thanks. Will give it a shot.
    May 26, 2015, 7:51 AM - Re: UPDATED PRINTABLE ARMOR TEMPLATES - In various sizes #197

Sorry to be difficult but will these print on A4 without problems or will there have to be some adjusting?
  24. Member Since
    Dec 2014
    Jun 1, 2015, 12:35 PM - Re: UPDATED PRINTABLE ARMOR TEMPLATES - In various sizes #198

It's hard to tell from the prints, but is the cod piece 3D. Should there be a filler pieces between the front flat piece and the curved bottom?? Any details on how to shape this filler??
    Jun 1, 2015, 1:32 PM - Re: UPDATED PRINTABLE ARMOR TEMPLATES - In various sizes #199

Check out this thread for the 3D cod

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f20/w...?highlight=cod

Quote Malkavian said: View Post
    It's hard to tell from the prints, but is the cod piece 3D. Should there be a filler pieces between the front flat piece and the curved bottom?? Any details on how to shape this filler??
  26. Member Since
    May 2015
    Jun 11, 2015, 6:21 PM - Re: UPDATED PRINTABLE ARMOR TEMPLATES - In various sizes #200

Thanks for the help. Do you have the shin and knee templates ?