Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Subscribe
  1. KaanE is offline KaanE
    May 31, 2009, 5:23 AM - Re: UPDATED PRINTABLE ARMOR TEMPLATES - In various sizes #126

Quote Craysmix said: View Post
    yeh! looks sweet! but i need to know what size to use. im 168cm tall. so witch one do i use.
    You must download the first PDF under the pic.
  2. Jun 14, 2009, 6:47 PM - Re: UPDATED PRINTABLE ARMOR TEMPLATES - In various sizes #127

these are really awesome templates, but i have a quick question....

which template would be the best to use if you are a tall girl (6'1") yet have a small frame (measurements 33; 25; 32)???

any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!
    thanks!
    Jun 14, 2009, 8:55 PM - Re: UPDATED PRINTABLE ARMOR TEMPLATES - In various sizes #128

First, you'll have to be ready to do a lot of preliminary tiral-and-error and go through a lot of paper. *heh* As it says in the first post, the large templates (last listed before the body diagram), printed at 97.3% of full size will probably fit a 6'1" individual -- depending on your body proportions (leg-to-torso ratio).

Once you find the right length for your body, tweak the aspect ratio to narrow the width until it fits your girth. And remember that it's going to be over a bodysuit and vest, so allow for that bulk.

Print out, cut out, tape together, use a loop of painter's masking tape to stick the pieces to a sweatshirt or some such to check the fit, adjust as needed, repeat...

That should get you started in the right direction. Let me know if you need clarification anywhere in there. Have fun, and good luck.

--Jonah
  4. Jun 14, 2009, 9:49 PM - Re: UPDATED PRINTABLE ARMOR TEMPLATES - In various sizes #129

Jonah-- thank you for your help, i've gotten quite a few ideas from a couple other guys who posted in my intro thread for femm mando armor; some of the girls on here have some KILLER concepts and mandos... which i am starting to think would be my best bet, because i dont want to do anything too boyish :P (even thought i'm a tomboy)...i saw something about "boob armor" and commented in a thread about it, just waiting to hear back from Rotton, as i don't know where to buy it online...
    your concepts for tailoring measurements on armor will be of great use to me!!! thanks again!
    Jun 15, 2009, 12:03 AM - Re: UPDATED PRINTABLE ARMOR TEMPLATES - In various sizes #130

Glad to help. Also, head over to the Mandalorian Mercs to see more FemmeMando concepts. Hydra (here, too), Pheonix [sic], and Vhe'dn are some of the best that spring to mind.

I'm tackling two custom Femmes also for a couple girlfriends. One's likely to be more Fett-like, the other's more lithe and form-fitting whilst still being well-armoured. That latter I should have in scan-able form within the next day or three, if you want to see more of what other people have come up with...

--Jonah
  6. Jun 15, 2009, 12:17 AM - Re: UPDATED PRINTABLE ARMOR TEMPLATES - In various sizes #131

Quote Peregrinus said: View Post
    Glad to help. Also, head over to the Mandalorian Mercs to see more FemmeMando concepts. Hydra (here, too), Pheonix [sic], and Vhe'dn are some of the best that spring to mind.

I'm tackling two custom Femmes also for a couple girlfriends. One's likely to be more Fett-like, the other's more lithe and form-fitting whilst still being well-armoured. That latter I should have in scan-able form within the next day or three, if you want to see more of what other people have come up with...

--Jonah
    awesome!!! i cant wait to see your pics

i think i am possibly going to go with a cobalt blue; grey; mac & cheese color theme...possibly with the jango fett leg armor, not too sure on that though...just tying to find out where i can locate some femm mando chest armor which isnt turning out to be the eastiets of things...but i will check out the mado merc site as well...

thanks again!
  7. Member Since
    Nov 2008
    Jun 25, 2009, 10:37 PM - Re: UPDATED PRINTABLE ARMOR TEMPLATES - In various sizes #132

Thanks for the small template! Helped me a TON when I had to redo some pieces, just wish you'd of had them up 7yrs ago when I made the first set! Would have been soo much easier.
  8. Member Since
    Apr 2009
    Oct 19, 2009, 4:50 PM - Re: UPDATED PRINTABLE ARMOR TEMPLATES - In various sizes #133

got any templates in 5, 7?
    Oct 19, 2009, 5:18 PM - Re: UPDATED PRINTABLE ARMOR TEMPLATES - In various sizes #134

5, 7??? do you mean 5 feet - 7 inches?

I can work up any size if there is a need.

Alan

P.S. 5'-7" templates attached below.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by wizardofflight; Oct 19, 2009 at 6:06 PM.
  10. Member Since
    Nov 2009
    Nov 2, 2009, 6:43 AM - Re: UPDATED PRINTABLE ARMOR TEMPLATES - In various sizes #135

Hi all. I met Jeremy Bulloch yesterday in Norwich and he gave me details for this forum. I would love to build my own Boba Fett suit but have no clue where to start - materials, templates, colours etc. I am about 5'11". Any ideas or advice would be great!
  11. Member Since
    Sep 2010
    Sep 20, 2010, 4:54 PM - Re: UPDATED PRINTABLE ARMOR TEMPLATES - In various sizes #136

Thanks a million! I am printing these out in the first step towards my son's Halloween costume.
    Sep 21, 2010, 10:19 AM - Re: UPDATED PRINTABLE ARMOR TEMPLATES - In various sizes #137

what kind of program are you guys using to print because mine are all turning out weird.
  13. Member Since
    Nov 2010
    Nov 22, 2010, 12:52 AM - Re: UPDATED PRINTABLE ARMOR TEMPLATES - In various sizes #138

I am working on using these templates for a set of armor for my son. How do you guys suggest affixing armor plates to fabric clothing?
    Nov 22, 2010, 5:31 AM - Re: UPDATED PRINTABLE ARMOR TEMPLATES - In various sizes #139

Quote brianguy7 said: View Post
    I am working on using these templates for a set of armor for my son. How do you guys suggest affixing armor plates to fabric clothing?
    bolts,snaps or velcro, velcro would be cheaper but will only last a little while, snaps bit more time consuming but worth it in the long run, looking to keep costs down maybe the velcro, so then when he grows out of it and you make another set, just velcro again maybe

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f25/a...utorial-20322/ Daz's bolt method

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f20/b...achment-38783/

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f25/f...-advice-27012/ post 11 halo_1's attachment is sweet
  15. Member Since
    Jun 2011
    Jun 10, 2011, 12:39 AM - Re: UPDATED PRINTABLE ARMOR TEMPLATES - In various sizes #140

You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar, and I thank you.
    Jul 7, 2011, 2:23 PM - Re: UPDATED PRINTABLE ARMOR TEMPLATES - In various sizes #141

Awesome templates!!! what size should I print for mi 6 years old kid???
    Jul 8, 2011, 12:58 AM - Re: UPDATED PRINTABLE ARMOR TEMPLATES - In various sizes #142

Quote Chango Fett said: View Post
    Awesome templates!!! what size should I print for mi 6 years old kid???
    At the first post, under the image with the armor parts fitting, you find the last attachment called 'Boba Fett Child Armor 3-4.pdf‎'.

And here is an awesome thread with a Boba Fett suit for a 6 years old kid.
    Last edited by RafalFett; Jul 8, 2011 at 1:09 AM. Reason: Link added.
    Jul 11, 2011, 4:16 PM - Re: UPDATED PRINTABLE ARMOR TEMPLATES - In various sizes #143

Quote RafalFett said: View Post
    At the first post, under the image with the armor parts fitting, you find the last attachment called 'Boba Fett Child Armor 3-4.pdf‎'.

And here is an awesome thread with a Boba Fett suit for a 6 years old kid.
    Thank you so much!!!!
  19. Member Since
    Apr 2011
    Jul 18, 2011, 1:55 PM - Re: UPDATED PRINTABLE ARMOR TEMPLATES - In various sizes #144

I'm just a little bit confused with the cod piece. In the side armor picture shown below, I'm pretty sure I've labeled them correctly, but what is the space there? In pictures I've seen of the cod piece, that would be filled in because the lower part is fairly high, but what should this be filled in with? I'm just a little confused obviously. Thanks
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cod Question.jpg 
Views:	751 
Size:	80.9 KB 
ID:	54558
    Jul 19, 2011, 1:09 AM - Re: UPDATED PRINTABLE ARMOR TEMPLATES - In various sizes #145

That Codpiece part should be more like a cup shaped to let room for the 'family jewelry'. It's better to cover that space and not fill in.
  21. Jul 22, 2011, 3:30 PM - Re: UPDATED PRINTABLE ARMOR TEMPLATES - In various sizes #146

Fantastic! I am attempting to set up patterns for the female Mandalorian that was briefly seen on the preview for Clone Wars Season 4. I will add them when they are complete. Or, as complete as they can be without further images!
  22. Member Since
    Aug 2011
    Aug 1, 2011, 1:28 PM - Re: UPDATED PRINTABLE ARMOR TEMPLATES - In various sizes #147

Is there a PDF version of all the templates (armor, helmet, etc.) for individuals 5'6"? If so can you email me those? the link that gives all GIF's doesn't work for me. Thank you.
    Last edited by tankwarrior; Aug 1, 2011 at 1:41 PM.
    Aug 2, 2011, 1:29 AM - Re: UPDATED PRINTABLE ARMOR TEMPLATES - In various sizes #148

Quote tankwarrior said: View Post
    Is there a PDF version of all the templates (armor, helmet, etc.) for individuals 5'6"? If so can you email me those? the link that gives all GIF's doesn't work for me. Thank you.
    The PDF armor templates are at the end of the first post of this thread and the rest of the armor is here All Boba Fett Armor Stencils And Templates. For the helmet go here All Boba Fett Helmet Stencils And Templates. If you want the Jetpack, the Shin Tools or some of the Weapons then go here Jetpack, Blasters, Shin Tools and Buckle Templates and for the soft parts go here All Soft Parts Templates.

I hope these links will help in your build.
  24. Member Since
    Apr 2010
    Sep 14, 2011, 3:43 PM - Re: UPDATED PRINTABLE ARMOR TEMPLATES - In various sizes #149

every time i try and open the files for the templates theres nothing besides a big red X showing up and i cant open the files with any other program,any ideas on how to fix this or any other sites that offer full armor templates
    Sep 15, 2011, 12:58 AM - Re: UPDATED PRINTABLE ARMOR TEMPLATES - In various sizes #150

Quote rc1145 said: View Post
    every time i try and open the files for the templates theres nothing besides a big red X showing up and i cant open the files with any other program,any ideas on how to fix this or any other sites that offer full armor templates
    Did you tried to open the ZIP or the PDF files? Both file types from the first post are working fine for me. You might need to update your programs (WinZIP and/or Adobe Acrobat Reader) or use similar programs to open those files.