Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Subscribe
    Jun 2, 2005, 12:58 AM - Re: UPDATED PRINTABLE ARMOR TEMPLATES - In various sizes #26

cooltd825: Which ones mine or darkskywalker?

You can print mine with any image program, as they are just GIF files.

darkskywalker's will require AutoCAD or a compatible CAD program.

Alan
  2. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    Jun 2, 2005, 7:05 AM - Re: UPDATED PRINTABLE ARMOR TEMPLATES - In various sizes #27

darkskywalker, thanks for clearing that up.
  3. Jun 2, 2005, 8:11 AM - Re: UPDATED PRINTABLE ARMOR TEMPLATES - In various sizes #28

Wizard thanks allot I will try that this morning and see if that does the trick. Thanks for offering these

Greg
    Jun 2, 2005, 11:59 AM - Re: UPDATED PRINTABLE ARMOR TEMPLATES - In various sizes #29

Quote Jades Dark Heart said:
    Wizard thanks allot I will try that this morning and see if that does the trick. Thanks for offering these

Greg
    Please let me know how it works out.

Alan
    Jun 2, 2005, 12:05 PM - Re: UPDATED PRINTABLE ARMOR TEMPLATES - In various sizes #30

I would like to thank the Dent and everyone for their support and encouragement and quick action on my behalf. It is clear darkskywalker’s templates are of his own creation and that there was no attempt to bootleg mine. He has taken action by replacing my layout drawing with his own to correctly reflect the product in his e-bay auction. At this point I am considering the issue closed.

Thank you for your support. This is a great place with fantastic people, it's a pleasure being part of this community.

Alan
    Jun 2, 2005, 1:01 PM - Re: UPDATED PRINTABLE ARMOR TEMPLATES - In various sizes #31

Im sorry I started this whole issue, when it ended up being nothing. Im not sorry about looking out for my fellow members though, even if it is nothing. I would hope everyone would do the same for me. Thats whats great about a family like this.
    Jun 2, 2005, 2:26 PM - Re: UPDATED PRINTABLE ARMOR TEMPLATES - In various sizes #32

There is nothing to apologies for that was an excellent catch, one never knows. There are a lot of scammers out there and I would hate to think that someone had to pay for something I am will to give for free. It has happened before, but luckily I managed to stop it before anyone got ripped off.
    Thanks for watching my back.

Alan
    Jun 3, 2005, 12:35 AM - Re: UPDATED PRINTABLE ARMOR TEMPLATES - In various sizes #33

Please Note:

Well as is always the case I made a change to the templates. I was doing a mock up of the backplate and noticed that the shoulder straps were just barely long enough. So I went and lengthened the shoulder straps by 1" so that they will allow for trimming during the fitting process. All of the zip files have been updated.

Alan
    Jun 3, 2005, 11:27 AM - Re: UPDATED PRINTABLE ARMOR TEMPLATES - In various sizes #34

Hello,

I thought of a couple of more things to consider when cutting out the armor. It would be a good idea to cut the templates out of poster board or craft paper first and then test fit them in order to iron out any problems before cutting the Sintra. Also, the cod piece belt and the back belt are currently set to handle 40” around with a one inch overlap on each side. While 40” should accommodate most folks it might be advisable to add a few inches to both the cod piece belt and the back belt on each side, the excess can be trimmed away during the fitting process. The belt sits lower on the hips so it will be required to be larger than the standard waist line.

If anyone has additional words of wisdom please feel free to post them.

I’m thinking of putting together a tutorial to go with the templates. If is something that folks would find useful please let me know.

Alan
    Last edited by wizardofflight; Jun 3, 2005 at 11:32 AM.
  10. Member Since
    Feb 2005
    Jun 8, 2005, 4:41 AM - Re: UPDATED PRINTABLE ARMOR TEMPLATES - In various sizes #35

I have printed them out and cut them out and its GREAT!!

But I was hoping there were Shin. Thigh and Knee Armour.......And Gauntlet Plans??! haha..
    Jun 13, 2005, 1:22 AM - Re: UPDATED PRINTABLE ARMOR TEMPLATES - In various sizes #36

Jango Fett leg armor is in the works as well as knee armor.

Alan
    Jun 15, 2005, 12:53 AM - Re: UPDATED PRINTABLE ARMOR TEMPLATES - In various sizes #37

When do you think you'll be ready with the templates for the guys over 6'. There are a lot of them out there. Although right now I'm perfectly fine with printing them out at over 100% size, just glad you made these. Thanks.
    Jun 15, 2005, 11:13 AM - Re: UPDATED PRINTABLE ARMOR TEMPLATES - In various sizes #38

Quote team_fett said:
    When do you think you'll be ready with the templates for the guys over 6'. There are a lot of them out there. Although right now I'm perfectly fine with printing them out at over 100% size, just glad you made these. Thanks.
    I've been out of town for the past week, so I haven't gotten anything done. In the past I have been doing custom templates for the large size Fetts out there, but I will be putting together some XL & XXL templates. It does gets a little tricky trying to fit the pieces on to 8X11 paper.

So, what would really be helpful is if I can get a idea of what sizes are needed, that way I can focus my efforts on those first.

Alan
    Jun 15, 2005, 11:42 AM - Re: UPDATED PRINTABLE ARMOR TEMPLATES - In various sizes #39

Man, I can't believe I didn't catch this thread earlier! wizardofflight, where were you 4 years ago when I made my armor? You would have saved me a ton of time! This is some really nice work and you rock for sharing it to the board for free.
    Jun 15, 2005, 2:02 PM - Re: UPDATED PRINTABLE ARMOR TEMPLATES - In various sizes #40

This is so AWESOME! Wizard is a beautiful human being!

I just found a place in my area to get Sintra from and now I find this thread. Everything is falling into place for my Fett suit.

As for the ebay issue, before I was told about TDH, I would have loved to find info on ebay like what darkskywalker is offering. Not everyone is aware of this amazing site and those poor souls need to get good info for their Fetts and if darkskywalker can make a few bucks to put towards his own Fett, I say good for him. Hey, it's not like he was trying to sell the plans here.
    Jul 15, 2005, 1:57 PM - Re: UPDATED PRINTABLE ARMOR TEMPLATES - In various sizes #41

UPDATE 7-14-05 - The link to the X LARGE Boba Fett Templates has been added in the first post.

Enjoy

Alan
  17. Member Since
    Aug 2005
    Aug 22, 2005, 1:45 PM - Re: UPDATED PRINTABLE ARMOR TEMPLATES - In various sizes #42

can someone make a template for a suit about 4'7"

thanks
    Aug 22, 2005, 11:42 PM - Re: UPDATED PRINTABLE ARMOR TEMPLATES - In various sizes #43

For 4'7" print out the small templates at 83%, that should get them the right size. If not then send me a PM or e-mail and I'll work you up a set of custom templates.

Alan
    wizardofflight@comcast.net
    Oct 22, 2005, 10:56 PM - Re: UPDATED PRINTABLE ARMOR TEMPLATES - In various sizes #44

Bumbed for the new folks joining us in this adventure.

Alan
    Dec 5, 2005, 10:02 AM - Re: UPDATED PRINTABLE ARMOR TEMPLATES - In various sizes #45

Thank you VERY much for taking the time to do this!
    Dec 5, 2005, 10:15 PM - Re: UPDATED PRINTABLE ARMOR TEMPLATES - In various sizes #46

Great looking templates, but I have one problem. I tried opening one of the files in Paint, but I'm unable to change the resolution to get the templates to the correct size. Should I try opening them in a different program? And if so, what should I use? Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Dec 5, 2005, 11:23 PM - Re: UPDATED PRINTABLE ARMOR TEMPLATES - In various sizes #47

For MS Paint try going to the "File" "Page Setup" in the lower right hand corner set the "Fit to:" 1 page to 1 page. Also right above the "Fit to:" block you will have to reset the margins to .25" on all sides. This should resize the image and allow you to print it on a single page.

If you are still having a problem let me know and I see if I can revise the template to work easier with MS Paint.

Alan
    Dec 6, 2005, 1:13 AM - Re: UPDATED PRINTABLE ARMOR TEMPLATES - In various sizes #48

There isn't a "Fit to" option under Page Settings. I'm on Windows 2000, if that matters.
    Dec 6, 2005, 11:18 AM - Re: UPDATED PRINTABLE ARMOR TEMPLATES - In various sizes #49

Yes, I see the problem apparently the older versions of paint do not have that option. What size do you need? I will work up a set that is MS Paint compatible for you.

Alan
    Dec 6, 2005, 11:36 PM - Re: UPDATED PRINTABLE ARMOR TEMPLATES - In various sizes #50

I'm about 5' 8", so a set of medium armor properly scaled should work for me. I'd appreciate it rather a lot.