Subscribe
    Dec 29, 2011, 3:09 PM - Up for 501st approval... #1

Hey All,

I finally got around to taking some shots of my ESB Boba for 501st approval. It's about time TI-7789 became BH-7789! I'm wearing an MR helmet for now until I get around to painting the ASOK one in my basement (but the MR is signed by JB himself, so that makes it okay, right? ). I have a web belt on underneath the ammo belt to bear some of the weight of the sidearm, but it plainly wasn't on tight enough. Also, my grey braid is doing some wonky things in the shots, but other than that, let me know whatcha think.

THANKS TO EVERYONE ON TDH WHO HELPED ME OUT! (I would thank you for helping me finish it, but it's never really finished, right?)

Here's some more shots, including WIP:
    Boba Fett WIP pictures by MarkusFett - Photobucket

Here's a parts list:

helmet - MR, and Asok Cold Cast Fettpride that I still need to paint up
    armor - fettpride v3 with aluminum collar bolts
    jetpack - man of war 2008 model with Mojo aluminum stabilizer, Serenity aluminum beacon?, metal end caps from Dark Side, real Hedstroem Files
    gauntlets -man of war with personal modifications, including rare magnet sealing mechanism
    flamethrower - heavily modified evolution props
    kneepads - fettpride v3 with aluminum darts
    flightsuit - Loanstar ESB suit
    vest -LSFU with alterations to taper it in a bit
    neckseal - batninja
    balaclava - forgot to wear it in the photos - white "racing hood" from ebay
    pouches - Lonestar
    cape - woodman
    gloves - galactic bounty hunter
    boots with toe spikes - evolution (toe spike tips drilled out for greater accuracy)
    ammo belt - 99centtaco
    girth belt - horse tackle from TDH member
    jetpack harness - fettdad, metal "scuba" version sitting in my basement waiting to be assembled
    divers buckle - replica from TDH member
    Sidearm - Mojofett; also have one from dankeman
    Sidearm Holster - Fettpride
    Blaster - Stormrider with custom sound/lights installed personally and real wooden stock
    Blaster Sling - 99centtaco
    Blaster Sling swivel rings and molexes - Fettdad
    Blaster Scope - Tasco 4x10 from ebay
    Wookie Braids - sinew from woodman
    shin tools - original found parts (I am a photography teacher, after all...)
    chest lights - tk409
    Remote controlled rangefinder - mmgraphics, to be installed once I'm finished painting the new helmet
    chin cup - bobamaker
    thermal detonator - Xeco with sound to be installed personally, recently picked up a second one that I will modify as well.
    Last edited by Markus Fett; Dec 29, 2011 at 3:19 PM.
  2. Member Since
    Oct 2010
    Dec 29, 2011, 8:27 PM - Re: Up for 501st approval... #2

Looks great Markus. I bet you're chuffed.

Luckily you are blessed with a neck, so, unlike me, they will know you are wearing a neck-seal
    Dec 29, 2011, 8:48 PM - Re: Up for 501st approval... #3

Nicely DONE!!
    Dec 29, 2011, 11:52 PM - Re: Up for 501st approval... #4

You look fantastic!
    Dec 30, 2011, 1:18 AM - Re: Up for 501st approval... #5

Awesome...
    Dec 30, 2011, 1:55 AM - Re: Up for 501st approval... #6

Thanks for the compliments, everybody! I'm particularly proud of my work on the insignias. All of the decals I've seen look too pristine to me, and I like the idea that they would be hand-painted in the "real" Star Wars universe, so I opted against decals and hand-painted. I also removed all of the yellow paint I had pain-stakingly added to the collar armour after Rangefinder convinced me that there wasn't any on the original; as frustrating as it was to hear, looking at the screen captures again, I'm pretty sure he's right, and I like the new look as it makes the armour seem more pieced together from multiple sources.

I'm also pleased with my modifications to the flamethrower. The Evolution one was a decent start but inaccurate, so I spent a lot of time metal grinding by hand to get the angles and shapes looking a little more screen-like. I fabricated the flamethrower under-plate bit by heat-bending some acryllic I had lying around, and it's a good thing I don't use my home phone anymore because there isn't a wire to connect it to the wall anymore. With the combined weight of the metal flamethrower and metal missle, my left gauntlet is SUPER heavy, but it feels SO good!

Last edited by Markus Fett; Dec 30, 2011 at 2:01 AM.
    Dec 30, 2011, 2:07 AM - Re: Up for 501st approval... #7

Congratulation! You have a great suit!

Quote Markus Fett said: View Post
    I also removed all of the yellow paint I had pain-stakingly added to the collar armour after Rangefinder convinced me that there wasn't any on the original; as frustrating as it was to hear, looking at the screen captures again, I'm pretty sure he's right, and I like the new look as it makes the armour seem more pieced together from multiple sources.
    I did noticed too the lack of yellow on the collar plate after I did the Pre-Pro #1 armor stencils, so I already made the necessary corrections. You must know that the right plate is also yellow free, but this is a minor issue.
  8. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Dec 30, 2011, 2:52 AM - Re: Up for 501st approval... #8

Once you get the Asok helmet painted up itll be perfect, not that it looks bad...just IMHO the pinch is awkward
    Dec 30, 2011, 3:08 AM - Re: Up for 501st approval... #9

Excellent work mage
    Dec 30, 2011, 10:03 AM - Re: Up for 501st approval... #10

Quote RafalFett said: View Post
    I did noticed too the lack of yellow on the collar plate after I did the Pre-Pro #1 armor stencils, so I already made the necessary corrections. You must know that the right plate is also yellow free, but this is a minor issue.
    Your stencils are AMAZING, Rafal! To be honest, I didn't realize that there wasn't yellow there until you pointed it out, but I completely trust all the hard work you put into those stencils; when I crack open the paints again to do the new helmet, I'll definitely dab a little extra green on that right chest piece.

Quote Fett 4 Real said: View Post
    Once you get the Asok helmet painted up itll be perfect, not that it looks bad...just IMHO the pinch is awkward
    I know what your saying about the pinch - it's crazy how these little things bother us...I would never have noticed it until someone pointed it out, and now it's pretty much all I see when I look at the MR helmet.

Speaking of details, I'm still debating the Boba-thong, too...I never got wedgeed in highschool, maybe this is my big chance!
    Last edited by Markus Fett; Dec 30, 2011 at 10:09 AM.
    Dec 30, 2011, 11:11 AM - Re: Up for 501st approval... #11

Looks awesome. The cape seems a little washed out in color but it may just be the lighting.

I had the same trouble with the sidearm. I use a leather belt under the ammo belt to support all the weight. The sidearm is not looped through the ammo belt at all. I'm not certain if that's "accurate" but the drooping ammo belt just doesn't look right at all.

Great job and I think the ASOK helmet will be a good addition. I use a BM now but I have a cold cast ASOK coming back from painting by February (fingers crossed)

Ted
    Dec 30, 2011, 2:43 PM - Re: Up for 501st approval... #12

Amazing Fett, Congratulations!!!!!!!!!

Leo
    Dec 30, 2011, 4:39 PM - Re: Up for 501st approval... #13

AWESOME JOB!!!
    Dec 30, 2011, 10:50 PM - Re: Up for 501st approval... #14

It's official, I'm now 501st approved! I'm now BH-7789 Thanks for all the feedback everybody.
    Dec 30, 2011, 11:53 PM - Re: Up for 501st approval... #15

Congrats mate...well done
    Dec 31, 2011, 1:59 AM - Re: Up for 501st approval... #16

Congratulation! You deserved it!
    Dec 31, 2011, 12:28 PM - Re: Up for 501st approval... #17

Congradulations. Your kit looks great.
    Dec 31, 2011, 3:42 PM - Re: Up for 501st approval... #18

welcome to the Guild brother!
    Dec 31, 2011, 4:15 PM - Re: Up for 501st approval... #19

Congrats......