Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
Subscribe
  1. formerly Boba_Fett_03 Duran_Lomax's Avatar
    Apr 21, 2006, 12:38 PM - Re: TRASH CAN ARMOR! *PICS* #151

drokkul said:
    I've been to 6 different Wal-Marts, two different Meijer's, and three different Targets and have only been able to find the smaller of the 2 trashcans shown in the original posts. Can anyone out there clue me in on where I might be able to find the larger trashcan?

I have'nt tried a K-Mart yet because all the K-Marts in our area were closed down several years ago and the nearest one is about 50 miles or so away.

Thanks in advance for any help!

You could try a Longs Drug Store. Yes, it is a drug store, but the one I work at does have a selection of trash cans that work rather nicely. If not, I'd suggest looking in a few supermarkets such as Vons or Stater Bros.
    Apr 21, 2006, 1:24 PM - Re: TRASH CAN ARMOR! *PICS* #152

Boba_Fett_03 said:
    You could try a Longs Drug Store. Yes, it is a drug store, but the one I work at does have a selection of trash cans that work rather nicely. If not, I'd suggest looking in a few supermarkets such as Vons or Stater Bros.
    I don't think we have those chains around here, although I seem to remember seeing a Von's in Cincinnati. Thanks for the input!
  3. Oct 2, 2006, 3:13 AM - Re: TRASH CAN ARMOR! *PICS* #153

Just wondering how you were able to create the shin armor foiooo. How did you get the raised, rectangular portion that goes down the middle. Any info from anyone would be appreciated. I was thinking of buying the chest armor/cod piece/leg armor/knee armor from a seller on ebay for $115 (shipping included and painted silver), but think i might wanna give the trash can armor a try. I bought a full set of biker scout (TB) armor (helmet included) for $200.00 a few years ago, but thought it might be more fun to create all the armor myself (used to love building model airplanes etc.. when I was a kid). I've started to get tired of going as a biker scout for halloween (already won a few hundred dollars at costume contests) and this year will probably be my last as a biker scout before I start on Jango Fett. Thanks again for any info.
    Oct 8, 2006, 1:06 PM - Re: TRASH CAN ARMOR! *PICS* #154

where did u get the templates for the armor? and could you post em or send em? thanks.
    Oct 8, 2006, 1:16 PM - Re: TRASH CAN ARMOR! *PICS* #155

6. Member Since
    Oct 2006
    Oct 9, 2006, 12:56 PM - Re: TRASH CAN ARMOR! *PICS* #156

WHAT IS THE BEST JANGO PAINT TO USE FOR THE TRASH CAN ARMOR??!?! IVE HEARD OF RUB N BUFF BUT IS THIER ANYTHING ELSE I WOULD NEED TO USE??!?!
  7. Member Since
    Oct 2006
    Oct 12, 2006, 5:40 AM - Re: TRASH CAN ARMOR! *PICS* #157

Su'cuy Vode!

Well im new here so forgive my ignorance if i ask soemthing thats been asked before or is just stupid altogether.

So anyway what a fantastic idea! this has deffinatley motivated me to make my own beskar'gam! but first a simple question does anyone in the UK know of a suitable bin to use? i just had a walk around town and couldnt see anything worth using so any suggestions on where to look would be brilliant.

Anyway any help would be much appreciated!

Ret'vode!

Oct 12, 2006, 9:31 AM - Re: TRASH CAN ARMOR! *PICS* #158

Looks like I can add mine up here too. Steralite kit purchased off ebay cause I didnt see this thread before I bought it. Obviously a custom paint. Such an economical way to get into mando armor.

9. Member Since
    Oct 2006
    Oct 13, 2006, 6:05 PM - Re: TRASH CAN ARMOR! *PICS* #159

Well I've joined the trashcan Fetts and I need help with attaching the back plate to the front. Any suggestions?
  10. I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    Oct 13, 2006, 7:28 PM - Re: TRASH CAN ARMOR! *PICS* #160

Drogomoss said: View Post
    Well I've joined the trashcan Fetts and I need help with attaching the back plate to the front. Any suggestions?
    Denting it?
    Oct 13, 2006, 7:37 PM - Re: TRASH CAN ARMOR! *PICS* #161

Drogomoss said: View Post
    What do you mean?

If I'm understanding right, the back plate is attached to the collar with four bolts. The shoulder studs are in place of the nuts.
    Oct 13, 2006, 7:54 PM - Re: TRASH CAN ARMOR! *PICS* #162

I love trash can armor.
  13. Member Since
    Jul 2006
    Oct 19, 2006, 8:55 PM - Re: TRASH CAN ARMOR! *PICS* #163

Thanks for the inspiration.My friend's dad is a manager at a waste management company, and i was able to obtain one of those giant rolling garbage cans. I'll probobly start making armor in a couple of months, so i'll post when i start selling .
  14. Oct 20, 2006, 1:41 PM - Re: TRASH CAN ARMOR! *PICS* #164

does anyone know how you would go about rub n buffing this armor, would you need to primer it first? or just apply it directly to the plastic???
  15. I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    Oct 20, 2006, 3:21 PM - Re: TRASH CAN ARMOR! *PICS* #165

Mandalorian_Mike said: View Post
    does anyone know how you would go about rub n buffing this armor, would you need to primer it first? or just apply it directly to the plastic???
    I sand it smoother than a baby's bottom could ever be, then I prime it, then I wet sand it, then I apply the Rub 'n Buff.
  16. Oct 21, 2006, 8:44 AM - Re: TRASH CAN ARMOR! *PICS* #166

thanx!
  17. Member Since
    Oct 2006
    Nov 12, 2006, 12:36 AM - Re: TRASH CAN ARMOR! *PICS* #167

Wanted to add my Trashcan Fett. Helmet is a Rubies than needs some modifications, and the blasters are from a very cheap set but worked.... Gauntlets were from - toilet brush holder.... right size and everything.. but need to do a LOT of work on them - No Jet pack yet.. the ammo pouched are just vinyl with upholstry glue... all in all - I like the way it turned out and took I would say around 40 hours to complete.

You can see the slip on this quick picture of the armor over the belt... one of the straps slipped. Found out the best way to work with this was to use elastice and very small screws.. then grind the screws down to nothing and use a little bondo to cover any imperfections.

LOTS of sanding is needed to have stuff stick better and the pain to go on well.

I used two layers of Black, two layers of silver then a layer of black and a layer of silver - then just lef tthe armor on for all day on Halloween... by endo of day - interesting effects for "damage"!
  18. Member Since
    Oct 2006
    Nov 12, 2006, 12:41 AM - Re: TRASH CAN ARMOR! *PICS* #168

I found that heating this stuff over the stove really lets you work with it. I had high temp. gloves - like welding gloves - that I held on to the plastic with as I bent it and then stuck it in the ice cold water to freeze it into shape.
  19. I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    Nov 12, 2006, 2:23 AM - Re: TRASH CAN ARMOR! *PICS* #169

ShadowFett said: View Post
    I found that heating this stuff over the stove really lets you work with it. I had high temp. gloves - like welding gloves - that I held on to the plastic with as I bent it and then stuck it in the ice cold water to freeze it into shape.
    The stove can cause it to burn. Boil up some water or use a heatgun. Sintra fumes is Chlorine Gas and is EXTREMELY TOXIC, so NEVER use fire to shape it.
  20. Dec 22, 2006, 12:04 AM - Re: Sweet Sweet Trash #170

FOIOOO said: View Post
    i used the templates in the jango forum of course
    ummm what is the jango fourm?
    Dec 22, 2006, 12:43 AM - Re: TRASH CAN ARMOR! *PICS* #171

Its a seperate section here that focuses strictly on Jango Fett...

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/jango-fett-costume/
  22. Dec 22, 2006, 12:55 AM - Re: TRASH CAN ARMOR! *PICS* #172

oh ok thanx btw can anyone give me some good tips on makin my mando or sellin any possibley?
    Jan 8, 2007, 10:03 PM - Re: TRASH CAN ARMOR! *PICS* #173

I just thought id drop in my armor

Last edited by Untried Hunter; Feb 2, 2007 at 11:31 PM.
    Feb 2, 2007, 7:51 PM - Re: TRASH CAN ARMOR! *PICS* #174

What type of condition does this type of armor turn out to be? Does it wobble or shake when you walk? About how thick and malleable is the plastic?
    Feb 2, 2007, 9:55 PM - Re: TRASH CAN ARMOR! *PICS* #175

Ze picture! Captain I don't think the ship can hold it any more! Hehe, nice armor you got there!