Trash Can Armor?

From
    Washington State

Trash Can Armor?

I have been doing a lot of searching before I start posting anything so I am sorry if this has already been posted.

I have seen a few threads on TDH about people who have made armor cut from trash cans. Now my first question is, do these turn out to look all that great? Second question, is it an easy material to work with? And lastly, does anyone have any high res photos they can point me to of some of the trash can armor.

I am curious because I would like to see if I can get something passable wile I am taking the time to craft my main armor out of aluminum.

From
    Murrieta Ca.

Re: Trash Can Armor?

Hey Talkren- Funny you ask : ). I am almost completed w/ 2 sets Ive done for my son and the responses ive recieved are pretty favorable. The WIP is "first bf armor x 2" under this forum. I have a set of cc jango armor from cruzer and if you didnt know all that much, and didnt hold them in your hands, before the paint they are pretty **** close as far as looking at them. Obviously the pro made cc is the way to go however, w/ the time put in, the fun of doing it, and the fact that its pretty easy to wk with you enjoy it. Here are the pics of the cc and the trash can together. Hope this helps

Last edited by dynamic1; Jan 25, 2011 at 1:11 AM.

trashcan armor is good enough for me. it isnt 100% movie accurate but is good for people on a budget

Talkren - you should PM me. I am one of two of your local 501st Boba Fetts and the local founder/leader of the Mandalorian Mercs. No need to do trash can when we have TAP plastic here in state. You can buy sintra and make form fitting awesome armor for only a little more than trash cans. I know, I did my first out of cans, then moved on to sintra. I have pumped out close to 20 sets of sintra armor.

Come check out one of our armor building parties and we can help you out, no matter your goals. We are starting to do everything here - we sew stuff, just built a vac table and here soon will begin casting helmets.

Think Im gonna attempt sintra myself.