When I started this project 5 years ago I only planned on building a Fett suit not to create a library of templates. While the template library has grown progress on my Fett hasn’t and I’m not sure that I’ll ever get there, but I want to continue to improve and expand the Fett Template Library.
Let me start by saying that the templates were intended just to be a starting point. They do not represent the definitive Fett and without access to the LF archives they never will.
I have been reviewing the templates and want to revise them and improve them to make them more accurate (to a point) and more useful to those out there wanting to scratch build their own costumes. I am not looking to make them 100% screen accurate as that would drive me completely crazy (admittedly it would be a very short trip), the asymmetry and inconsistencies would be more than I could handle (it’s an engineer thing). I will leave that to each individual to decide how far they want to go. Remember these are a starting point.
So what I am looking for is feedback on what should be done to improve the templates.
General: Revise all templates to PDF files that can be printed full size on standard 8.5X11 and A4 paper. I now have access to Acrobat Pro that goes straight from the CAD drawing to PDF, much cleaner images and much smaller file sizes.
On the list of things to add & revise:
1. Add details and dent locations to Armor.
2. Revise the COD to make it 3D.
3. Revise the Dome shape of the helmet. Make it a little “fatter” from the front view.
4. Resize the rangefinder; current one is too big by about 7%.
5. Resize the helmet templates by about 103%, doesn’t sound like much, but should result in a helmet closer to the actual size. Any accurate dimensions would be greatly appreciated.
6. Revise the Jet/Rocket Pack, minor tweaks and resized them to 16.75” wide, again to bring it closer to actual size.
7. Sling gun – completely revised, current version is about 10% too small.
8. Super Trooper Blaster (White Fett) – minor tweaks.
Templates and Patterns still in the works:
1. Jango Gauntlets
2. Arena Jet/Rocket pack
3. Jango helmet
4. Boba Jumpsuit
5. Jango Jumpsuit
7. Boba Boots
The above are in no particular order and not a complete list. Also, I have no time frame in which to accomplish this task. As I see it, is like upgrading your suit, it is a never ending process.
So if you have some thoughts on what should be done please let me know. PM, E-Mails or post your ideas here.