ThrustersSubscribe
    Dec 28, 2015, 3:58 PM - Thrusters #1

So I am a little confused about my thrusters from my MOW pack. How am I to attach the 3/4" elbow ? Do I shave it down to compression fit in far enough to fit in the pack? It compression fits on the tip but that's it. Or is there something I'm missing here in my thinking. Seems like it's gonna be a pain in the add shaving it in a circle but ok if that's what I need to do.

2. Become a member for 90 days and create 50 posts and you won't see these ads.Register now!
    Dec 28, 2015, 4:28 PM - Re: Thrusters #2

I attached a bungie cord between my two thrusters. That way I can quickly release them and tuck them away for storage.
    Dec 28, 2015, 4:33 PM - Re: Thrusters #3

Not a bad idea

Sent from a galaxy far far away
    Dec 28, 2015, 4:35 PM - Re: Thrusters #4

Dec 28, 2015, 4:45 PM - Re: Thrusters #5

Thanks man, I like the idea. I didn't like the PVC idea from the start so thanks.

I ended up using round magnets to attach the rocket pieces so they're easily removed and put back together .

Dec 28, 2015, 4:52 PM - Re: Thrusters #6

Oooooo I like that I used a long nut and bolt. Works ok, but I like the magnets better!
    Dec 28, 2015, 7:26 PM - Re: Thrusters #7

I used magnets as well, a nickel size one on the thruster and a larger 1/2 size for the inside the jetpack to attach. Works great and holds well
    Dec 28, 2015, 8:01 PM - Re: Thrusters #8

i used to have a magnet there, and for the thrusters...until someone at NYCC one year swiped the rocket top and my wife had to chase them down. I now have that piece thread on with a 2 pc collar, and the lower rocket and thrusters attach with a bolt and wingnut.
    Last edited by Darth Voorhees; Dec 29, 2015 at 1:31 PM. Reason: more info/ spelling
    Dec 29, 2015, 11:38 AM - Re: Thrusters #9

Quote Darth Voorhees said: View Post
    i used to have a magnet there...until someone at NYCC one year swipedit and my wife had to chase them down. I know have that piece thread on with a 2 pc collar, and the lower rocket attaches with a bolt and wingnut.
    Someone stole a thruster while you were wearing it?
    Dec 29, 2015, 11:47 AM - Re: Thrusters #10

Good to know this stuff. MOW is building me a custom pack using the Jango fuselage, some Jango arena parts, and the rest Boba classic pack parts for my Mandalorian protector build.
    Lynn
    Dec 29, 2015, 12:46 PM - Thrusters #11

The biggest issue I have ever found using magnets is the adhesion to the resin or abs is never good. I've tried CA and other epoxies. I finally found an epoxy that is specifically made to bond metal to plastics and since then never had an issue. I used it first for my toe spikes.

I bought the hooks and bungee that Aaron mentioned earlier and going with that. I am all about quick take down and put together. Im not worried about theft at all.

Dec 29, 2015, 1:28 PM - Re: Thrusters #12

Quote Bounty1138 said: View Post
    Someone stole a thruster while you were wearing it?
    yep...some 15-16yr old kid thought it would be funny to snatch the top of the rocket at a New York Comic con.... Someone did try and take a thruster once also...at a charity event.....after those 2 incidents i dont use magnets for any of those parts now. Thank god for my wife chasing them down! Keep in mind im in NYC...so there may be a higher concentration of unruly kids lol

I do REALLY like the bungee cord thing though..may try that one out!
    Dec 29, 2015, 3:10 PM - Re: Thrusters #13

Anyone have a picture of the back of their Jetpack? Just wanna double check clip location before I drill holes

Dec 29, 2015, 3:28 PM - Re: Thrusters #14

Hook/Clip location will vary depending on your height. I would measure them out on yourself instead of going off someone else's picture. I think I went off the photo in the gallery and it ended up a bit too short for me. Get someone to help hold and mark
    Dec 29, 2015, 3:32 PM - Thrusters #15

How is that? The strap is adjustable so I assumed the clip location was standard. I have the scuba harness.

Quit holding out Aaron, post the photos lol

Last edited by JedIinTraining; Dec 29, 2015 at 3:44 PM.
    Dec 29, 2015, 4:31 PM - Re: Thrusters #16

Sorry, I wasn't overly descriptive

The bottom clips are what hold the pack right? The top clips on the pack are what keep the pack close to your back. I used this picture to place my bottom clips instead of measuring it out:

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/galle...i-jetpack.html

The issue here is that my pack ended up being slightly too high on me. Had I moved the bottom clips up a little higher, the pack would sit lower.

My advice would be to have the harness on, and place the backplate loosely overtop. Have someone hold the pack and measure out how high you want it to sit. Mark it. Drill in the bottom clips, then place the pack on the harness and measure out where the straps and top clips will go. Little more involved but to me that extra bit of measuring will go a long way.