Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    May 2010
    Jul 26, 2010, 12:13 PM - Threading US Divers Buckle? #1

I was wondering how most of you are "threading" your US Divers buckle. I've attached a picture of how I thought but am not 100% sure if thats how its suppose to be. Let me know with your thoughts.

Jul 26, 2010, 1:13 PM - Re: Threading US Divers Buckle? #2

I do mine so that the excess is on the back of the buckle, not in front. Otherwise you'll have a floppy section of webbing hanging out.

Mine isn't stitched on. Threading it through the buckle secures it just fine.

Based on your diagram, I put the strap over the top, through the slot closest to the BBF stamp, under, then back up through the second slot.
  3. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Jul 26, 2010, 1:21 PM - Re: Threading US Divers Buckle? #3

Mine was already threaded on the belt webbing by terry and it goes completely opposite the way yuo have it not wrong i would say but i dunno...under over under...need to stitch mine to keep it put
  4. formerly old_jedi_mind_trick Bobby Fett UK's Avatar
    Jul 26, 2010, 2:52 PM - Re: Threading US Divers Buckle? #4

I don't have my buckle stitched on. Depending on the webbing, seatbelt type and you thread onside through the slots and through the buckle, with the other side of the webbing over the face of that, slide it to the centre and close. For scuba type webbing you thread through the slots and have the extra go out the back of the buckle as only one thickness of scuba webbing will go through the closure. Hope that helps.

Rob.
  5. Member Since
    May 2010
    Jul 26, 2010, 3:55 PM - Re: Threading US Divers Buckle? #5

Okay...Is this what your talking about? I'll have to try it when I get home. lol
  6. Member Since
    May 2010
    Jul 26, 2010, 10:21 PM - Re: Threading US Divers Buckle? #6

That second diagram worked like a charm. The straps are perfect and there is no need for sewing. =) Thanks for the help.
  7. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Jul 27, 2010, 7:17 AM - Re: Threading US Divers Buckle? #7

need to get that extra through at the end...was fitting the harness to my JP and backplate and that strap kept coming loose while i was dancing with my freshly painted JP