Subscribe
  1. Oct 11, 2007, 11:37 PM - Taking on a challenge...durable gloves #1

I am fairly new to the forum and want to say what a great community it is here! Because of all of you I am getting close to my ESB Fett completion!

I am looking into doing a durable glove. I am a professional fencer and the gloves we use are a durable leather. There is padding on the back of the hand and fingers much like the Fett glove. The gauntlet is snug up the forearm and I think a modified pair of fencing gloves in Fett fashion would look pretty sweet and put up with a lot of abuse.

There is a local glove maker where I live who makes fencing gauntlets - I think I will take in Fett ref. photos and see what they come up with. If anyone is interested after I am able to post pics I will let people know costs and so on -- I think it should work.
    Cheers
    MS
    Oct 12, 2007, 6:12 AM - Re: Taking on a challenge...durable gloves #2

Indeed, keep us apprised... I know *I* don't want to have to go through that blissful hell that is glove modification ever, ever again!
    Oct 12, 2007, 7:30 PM - Re: Taking on a challenge...durable gloves #3

Would these be acceptable for competition by USFA standards? I fence as well and need to replace my glove, it would be really nice if they could do double-duty. It would also save me a few bucks.

Thanks
  4. Oct 12, 2007, 7:36 PM - Re: Taking on a challenge...durable gloves #4

I will have to check with the glove manufacturer - but I don't think they would be allowable for tournament....however I may be wrong - I use these gloves (watson) for daily practice and they are great for that. They are an all leather and deer skin gauntlet. I will be in touch with them in the next few weeks with pics and see what they come up with. As always I will post pics when they are done.
    Cheers
    MS