Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    May 2015
    Jun 15, 2015, 11:12 AM - Tackle Twill? #1

Hey Everyone,
    So the 501st requires that the flak jacket be made of a tackle twill material, and it must be accurate for level 3. They also say it must be a light gray. However their image seems to be a cream or khaki. Should this be the same color as the flight suit? If yes, why does it look different on their image? What sort of methods are there for dying the flight suit and jacket? Image provided for reference.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails boba-jpg  
  2. Become a member for 90 days and create 50 posts and you won't see these ads.Register now!
  3. Member Since
    Jun 2006
    2 Days Ago - Jul 28, 2015, 2:24 AM - Re: Tackle Twill? #2

Please remember that the pictures from 501st CRL are from some members, NOT from the movie costumes! That means that the pcitures are only for reference, not always 100% accurate.

The costume you provided is one of my friends from Sweden, and if you look at the stock of the blaster, it is worn out due years of trooping, not from movie. The lighting might also provide a problem if you are using CRL pictures, they might not be that good cameras and lighting in them as well, so do not stick with those.

For level 3 accurate parts, this formu is for you, as is some 501st forums. I'd say this place is for you. Remember that for membership, you do not need a Level 3 Fett, either on 501st, or BHG.

If you hit a goldmine, I'd appreciate the info, along few others, I wager.
    2 Days Ago - Jul 28, 2015, 7:31 AM - Re: Tackle Twill? #3

Also to be done right the vest is weathered which affects the color appearance. But it is in no way the same color as the flight suit. Also the flight suit is not cream or khaki........it is grey with a bluish hue.