Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    May 2008
    May 1, 2008, 4:31 PM - Is Syntra that forgiving? #1

I just noticed on my order for my syntra pieces, They are just smooth molds. I was wondering, other than painting the weathered look on them. Is syntra that forgiving that if I smack it a few times with a ball pin hammer it could give me a nice contour dent in the chest pieces? If anyone has tried this please let me know. Thanks
    May 1, 2008, 4:35 PM - Re: Is Syntra that forgiving? #2

heat it with a hair dryer then you should be able to put dings in it...

"something something something..........dark side!" something something something.......complete!" now that is some good writing!!
    May 1, 2008, 6:15 PM - Re: Is Syntra that forgiving? #3

for the dents in my knee armor i held it over a candle for a few seconds and it became nice and pliable. taking a hammer to it while it's cold will just smash it. it is only plastic you know.
    May 1, 2008, 6:54 PM - Re: Is Syntra that forgiving? #4

Just using a hammer would definitely crack or shatter it. Use a hair dryer or heat gun to heat it a little, and then just make the dents by using the rounded end of a screwdriver handle, or some similar object. That's what I did for mine and it worked very well. I would, however, recommend heating the back side though in case you get some scorching of the plastic.