Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Supreme Edition Boba Fett Costume (Modifications?)

From
    So. Cal. USA

Re: Supreme Edition Boba Fett Costume (Modifications?)

I saw these suits for sale, but was already on TDH. To the average person they look good from far, but are far from good. Anyways, with what you have done there are plenty of E-Bay'ers that would scoop it up.

From
    Indiana

Oh my, great job on the helmet. Like Matt said, it looks a million times better.

I can't even believe they would let that paint job out of production anyways, I'm pretty sure a 2nd grader painted that bucket.

From
    Oakland, California, United States

Hey, what was your paint process for this? I'm about to redo the Rubie's bucket I just got, and any advice you have for me would be excellent. Specifically - colors of paints and any specific techniques you used.

From
    Albuquerque

That was actually painted by Fett4real. Check post #19

High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    From
    USAF Utah

DJMarcO138 said: View Post
    Hey, what was your paint process for this? I'm about to redo the Rubie's bucket I just got, and any advice you have for me would be excellent. Specifically - colors of paints and any specific techniques you used.
    Jayvees ESB color list...

From
    Minneapolis, MN

As to not confuse anybody, I did NOT re-paint the helmet. The quality work on my bucket was done by Fett 4 Real who also painted my RDK chest and collar armor, my FettPride cod & kidney armor as well as re-painting my Rubies shoulder bells and knee armor. I'll be posting pics of them in the future as well. If you need info on getting a painting commission from him check out this thread:

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f31/f...ervices-46747/

He's great to work with, thorough communicator and just overall nice guy.

From
    Minneapolis, MN

Here's how I recommend repurposing the Rubies ammo belt. Step 1 remove the elastic strap from the back side of the Rubies ammo belt. Step 2 - use the elastic strap to connect a real girth belt. Step 3 - discard the remains of the Rubies ammo belt.

step-1-jpgstep-2-jpgstep-3-jpg

From
    Victoria, British Columbia

Hahha!!! Love step 3.

From
    The miserable mill

i'm sorry to hear that

From
    Minneapolis, MN

Merry Christmas to all the fellow Denters out there. I wanted to make sure I posted a couple pics of how I repurposed the pouches that are attached to the Rubies vest. I cut off the pouches at the seam point where it meets the vest. Then the flap that was originally attached I folded in half and sewed it together to create a loop for a nylon belt. They don't look the greatest but will do the job for an average Fett. I put a hole on the backside of one pouch so I could string through my chest board LED power supply. And since the pouches are pretty thin I can feel the switch so I can turn it on or off even with my gloves on. Here are some before and after pics.pouches-1-pngpouches-2-jpgpouches-3-jpg

From
    Minneapolis, MN

Also wanted to post some pics of my current Fett out in the wild from this Halloween. There are some parts I'd like to tweak and or replace but I'm happy with the results, but like a lot of other threads mention that when is a Fett truly ever done? The Rubies gauntlets will be going bye-bye next, they are horrible but the rocket/laser is something that can be salvaged once it's repainted. I replaced the tubes on it and used the same velcro slots on the Rubies jumpsuit to attach them. My lame paint job on the gauntlets was done last minute right before Halloween based on my decision that they will be replaced in the near future when I have the funds. A huge thanks goes out to everybody on this thread and all the other threads that helped me along the way. I'm forever indebted to Dom for all the work he did along with the information and suggestions that he and Lou gave me over the 11 month period that this was put together. I wouldn't have been able to get this done with out you guys.

A bunch of these pics were from the Anoka Serums Halloween Tent Party here in Minnesota. It was a quality time, nerve-wracking, but fun nonetheless. I also made the mistake of taking my son out trick our treating while wearing it which I don't recommend. Because our neighborhood is really dark I tripped and fell on a step outside my neighbors house, messed up my toe spikes a little bit and chipped a piece off my left gauntlet.

photo-3-3-jpgphoto-4-2-jpgphoto-7-jpgphoto-4-3-jpgphoto-5-jpgphoto-6-jpgphoto-1a-jpgphoto-3-2-jpg

From
    Brooklyn/NYC

The suit looks good man!

I'm glad I was able to ade in helping you out man. Looking forward to your new gaunts!

From
    Minneapolis, MN

Thanks much Lou!

From
    Inland Empire, CA

Your mods to the Rubies are quite tasteful and well-executed. Thanks for sharing the pics, it looks like you had a blast.

...and my goodness, you're a big cat. Fett is intimidating. YOU as Fett is downright terrifying! Like an NFL linebacker in armor with a gun! Watch out!

From
    Omaha, NE

I concur.. i barfed in my helmet a little when i first saw the paint job on the original helmet. but seriously, you really did a good job considering what you started with on that.

redkraytdragon said: View Post
    Good god man that vest is awful (Rubie's of course lol). They couldn't even get the direction right of the 'ribs' on the sleeves?? It looks like it's made out of a foam type of material, weird...I guess whatever cheapest material they could find right?
    As for the helmet, wow...what a difference a paint job can make. Dom did a great job on it!

From
    Minneapolis, MN

Haha! Thanks Rubio.

rubio95 said: View Post
    Your mods to the Rubies are quite tasteful and well-executed. Thanks for sharing the pics, it looks like you had a blast.

...and my goodness, you're a big cat. Fett is intimidating. YOU as Fett is downright terrifying! Like an NFL linebacker in armor with a gun! Watch out!

So im considering buying this costume for $599 with the intent on adding much TLC. Metal247, i love that you kept a positive attitude with your rebuild and i intend to keep the same attitude when rebuilding my own. I have read so much on here about this costume and have very low expectations on the quality when it arrives but as i said i intend to put much TLC in the re-build seeing as that is half of the fun as a cosplayer is making your costume your own. i dont really intend on making my Fett a "Movie Standard" just something that will stand out in my future conventions. I have the opportunity to meet Jeremy Bulloch and Daniel Logan in April at the Salt Lake City Fanx and hope to have everything ready by then. By the SLC Comic Con in September i hope to have it looking like a true Fett! any suggestions from anyone would really help!

From
    Minneapolis, MN

To give you my honest opinion buying the costume at $599 is just too high. I fortunately got this on sale for $425 and when I go down the list of what Rubies parts I'm still using it gave me a little perspective of what money I "saved" had I bought the parts separately, depending on your viewpoint.

helmet (repainted & added darker visor via commission by Fett4Real), jumpsuit (added zipper to make it more "functional"), shoulder bells & knee armor (both repainted by Fett4Real), gauntlets, jetpack, Wookie braids (which I extended), shin armor, pouches (removed from the Rubies vest) and cape.

This thread will give you an idea of approximately what you might spend on replacing parts:

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f22/n...l-spend-17421/

Do as much research as you can and I hope this thread helps you make the decision either way. But I have to warn you that no matter what expectations you have they still probably won't be low enough when you open the box. Had I found TDH before I bought it, I wouldn't have purchased it, so you're in a different situation with the opportunity to start from scratch. The 6th post on this thread from Carbonfreeze really hits home for me after my build has gotten to this point and I'm already in the early stages of replacing the gauntlets.

TheFett said: View Post
    So im considering buying this costume for $599 with the intent on adding much TLC. Metal247, i love that you kept a positive attitude with your rebuild and i intend to keep the same attitude when rebuilding my own. I have read so much on here about this costume and have very low expectations on the quality when it arrives but as i said i intend to put much TLC in the re-build seeing as that is half of the fun as a cosplayer is making your costume your own. i dont really intend on making my Fett a "Movie Standard" just something that will stand out in my future conventions. I have the opportunity to meet Jeremy Bulloch and Daniel Logan in April at the Salt Lake City Fanx and hope to have everything ready by then. By the SLC Comic Con in September i hope to have it looking like a true Fett! any suggestions from anyone would really help!

High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    From
    USAF Utah

599 is WAY to much they should pay YOU to take it. If its for halloween MAYBE and resell it but really a waste if you want to go further then that...or just throw around money

From
    Douglasville, Ga.

Have to agree with F4R here. You could play your cards right, buy some good products used except the FS and probably come out with a decent costume for around $1500. I know it sounds like a lot, but if you stretch it out over 1-2 years you will look back and thank yourself for not getting the Rubies. Just my 2 cents.

From
    Albuquerque

What these guys said ^^
    Don't do it brother, you'll regret it....It's WAY more trouble, time, money, hassle and headaches to go that route rather than just buy the good stuff right off the bat here from reputable vendors.

Thanks a bunch guys, i have decided against it and im going to go through this website to get a costume made, i have the funds for about $1500 and would like to keep it around there but like they say your fett is truly never done i may end up adding more and spending close to $2000 haha. Another question i have is would i be able to have this costume ready by April 17th?

From
    Douglasville, Ga.

Of 2015, probably so. This is just one of those things you typically can't rush. You'll see some parts you can get quick, but there's so much strategizing. Main thing on this is to have fun, get to know some about the costume, and have patience. You will undoubtedly meet several awesome people on your journey as well. That ones just a freebie!

From
    Limerick, PA

You're making a good choice.

I agree as well andafter much lurking lol years now I want to get back in as well

- - - Updated - - -

do you guys think that doing a custom mando first would be a good way to start?