Subscribe
    May 11, 2014, 5:31 AM - Supertrooper, Pre-Pro #1 and Pre-Pro #3 flamethrower template (and decals). #1

This project started 2 weeks ago, when skeg_man asked me if I can provide him some measurements of the Supertrooper flamethrower casing. First I said to myself that this will be an easy task, but later I realized that some measurements won't be enough for a build, so I thought why not to do some templates (I had this project in my mind for a while, but never managed to do it). After some changes in the templates (2 or 3 minor to major changes) I managed to do a pretty good replica of the Supertrooper flamethrower:

photo0855-jpg photo0851-jpg photo0859-jpg photo0866-jpg photo0867a-jpg

I made the casing with 2mm thick cardboard covered with plain paper, then I painted the nozzle with a black marker. The decals are color printed and glued on the casing. The inner parts are based on the Pre-Pro #2 flamethrower (in lack of proofs), while the front part is based on this image:

pp2-flamethrower-jpg front-jpg

The parts were made with 1mm thick cardboard, then painted with markers.

This drawing is the result of the flamethrowers combined (this is just my interpretation):

st-pp1-pp3-flamethrower-template-jpg

-----------------------------------------------
    Update 23.05.2014
    Here is an image with the graphical interpretation of the flamethrower and a drawing of the inner parts with side section:

st-pp1-pp3-flamethrower-casing-jpg st-pp1-pp3-flamethrower-sections-jpg

Here are the templates in A4 format:

flamethrower-a4-01-jpg flamethrower-a4-02-jpg

And in LTR format:

flamethrower-ltr-01-jpg flamethrower-ltr-02-jpg

I also did some research on some of the fittings, and while I didn't find accurate parts, here is what I found so far:

gas-light-electronic-ignition-kit-jpg

Pre-Pro#2 style gas light igniter (more info here ==> Electronic Ignition Gas Light Retro Fit Kit | Fine's Gas).

24v_v56-jpg

Supertrooper, Pre-Pro #1 & Pre-Pro #3 style gas light igniter (more info here ==> https://www.vulcanlighting.com/catal...products_id=92).

quick-connect-regulator-hose-jpg th2_80014-pfa-jpg

These fittings are called regulator to hose or hose to torch quick connector.

Have fun!
    Last edited by RafalFett; Sep 24, 2014 at 1:23 AM. Reason: Added 2 more images
  2. Become a member for 90 days and create 50 posts and you won't see these ads.Register now!
    May 11, 2014, 8:14 AM - Re: Supertrooper, Pre-Pro #1 and Pre- Pro #3 flamethrower template (and decals). #2

Fantastic info as per usual. thanks again for all the help on this project. Its turned out great.

Sent from my PadFone
    May 11, 2014, 8:49 AM - Re: Supertrooper, Pre-Pro #1 and Pre- Pro #3 flamethrower template (and decals). #3

Amazing work Brother RafalFett!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    May 11, 2014, 10:23 AM - Re: Supertrooper, Pre-Pro #1 and Pre- Pro #3 flamethrower template (and decals). #4

Quote skeg_man said: View Post
    Fantastic info as per usual. thanks again for all the help on this project. Its turned out great.

Sent from my PadFone
    Thanks for the motivation for doing this!

Quote Syper said: View Post
    Amazing work Brother RafalFett!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks a lot!
    May 23, 2014, 12:19 PM - Re: Supertrooper, Pre-Pro #1 and Pre- Pro #3 flamethrower template (and decals). #5

Just updated the first post with 2 drawings: one for the general view and another for the inner parts.
    May 23, 2014, 12:35 PM - Re: Supertrooper, Pre-Pro #1 and Pre- Pro #3 flamethrower template (and decals). #6

These are amazing Raf! Thanks so much! I'll definitely be putting that ST flamethrower one to good use
    May 23, 2014, 1:13 PM - Re: Supertrooper, Pre-Pro #1 and Pre- Pro #3 flamethrower template (and decals). #7

(Hopefully you get the reference.)

Thank you so, so much more than I could ever adequately express, Raf...

--Jonah
    May 24, 2014, 2:48 AM - Re: Supertrooper, Pre-Pro #1 and Pre- Pro #3 flamethrower template (and decals). #8

Quote redkraytdragon said: View Post
    These are amazing Raf! Thanks so much! I'll definitely be putting that ST flamethrower one to good use
    Thanks alot, Will! Can't wait to see more of your Supertrooper build!

Quote Peregrinus said: View Post

(Hopefully you get the reference.)

Thank you so, so much more than I could ever adequately express, Raf...

--Jonah
    Thanks, Jonah!
  10. Feb 18, 2015, 10:35 PM - Re: Supertrooper, Pre-Pro #1 and Pre-Pro #3 flamethrower template (and decals). #9

About to get this started, thanks so much for all your hard work to help us out!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image-jpg