Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
Subscribe
    Jul 26, 2008, 7:10 AM - Re: STUNT ROTJ Fett rifles, finally! Big pics. #151

Nope the ESB is not up yet, but will be up next week, on probably Wed.

I'll be doing that one a bit differently(preorder style), but the price will remain the same.
    Jul 26, 2008, 8:22 AM - Re: STUNT ROTJ Fett rifles, finally! Big pics. #152

I was just wondering??... has this ever been attempted before (rubber/foam ROTJ blaster)? imagine when we are sporting these at an event. We look around and we see people struggling to hold their MR and other ultra pricey blasters. We could be the luckiest 20 or so people in the world
    Jul 26, 2008, 10:08 AM - Re: STUNT ROTJ Fett rifles, finally! Big pics. #153

Well I have never trooped with a resin or MR weapon so I don't know. But I do feel lucky I got in on this run.
    Jul 26, 2008, 11:11 AM - Re: STUNT ROTJ Fett rifles, finally! Big pics. #154

Well, we know hyperfrim's been done, but that's way different than what I'm doing here. These are basically nerf, with a outer skin to look decent in phots and stuff.

So, yea, I guess it's never been done!

I meant it when I said you can drop, bend, squeeze, and bounce these things.

I can't wait to see what the first six think of their rifles **paces nervously**
    Jul 26, 2008, 11:49 AM - Re: STUNT ROTJ Fett rifles, finally! Big pics. #155

Well, I am currently trooping with an MR (today as a matter of fact), and the 10 lbs. gets a bit heavy after 3-4 hours. Hotshots' rifle will be a very welcome change.
    Jul 26, 2008, 12:36 PM - Re: STUNT ROTJ Fett rifles, finally! Big pics. #156

Hotshot out of the three pictured up there which one is mine?........

Couldn't resist.....
    Jul 26, 2008, 2:16 PM - Re: STUNT ROTJ Fett rifles, finally! Big pics. #157

Actually, I think the second one is . . .i make them in order of payment, and they actually stay in that order as they go from start to finish . . .so I'm betting that second one is yours!!
    Jul 27, 2008, 7:16 PM - Re: STUNT ROTJ Fett rifles, finally! Big pics. #158

Samll update on the work for this weekend.

Everything is going swimmingly. I'm on trackto have the next batch out on time.

For those that get their blasters, be sure to let me know what you think!!
    Thanks!
    Jul 28, 2008, 12:12 AM - Re: STUNT ROTJ Fett rifles, finally! Big pics. #159

Woohoo! I finally got some funding and NEED one of these if you got a spot! I know there are like 20 on the list but...i NEED one!
    Jul 28, 2008, 9:16 AM - Re: STUNT ROTJ Fett rifles, finally! Big pics. #160

No prob. PM sent
    Jul 28, 2008, 9:47 AM - Re: STUNT ROTJ Fett rifles, finally! Big pics. #161

Hey Hotshot,

Did you get my Paypal for the second half? I also sent you a PM to let you know.
    Just want to make sure because my status on payment hasn't changed.

Thanks,

Geo
    Jul 28, 2008, 10:26 AM - Re: STUNT ROTJ Fett rifles, finally! Big pics. #162

yep! Got it!
    Jul 28, 2008, 11:09 AM - Re: STUNT ROTJ Fett rifles, finally! Big pics. #163

Payment sent!! Can't wait buddy!
    Jul 29, 2008, 1:08 PM - Re: STUNT ROTJ Fett rifles, finally! Big pics. #164

Thanks! Got it!

Guys, I'm moving at a pretty good clip on these now, and am more and more pleased with how they're coming out! I'm really looking forward to getting the ESB up too!

Thanks again so much for all the patience! I hope it was worth it when you all get your blasters!!
    Jul 29, 2008, 4:30 PM - Re: STUNT ROTJ Fett rifles, finally! Big pics. #165

PM sent
    Jul 29, 2008, 5:42 PM - Re: STUNT ROTJ Fett rifles, finally! Big pics. #166

PM'd ya back!
    Jul 29, 2008, 5:47 PM - Re: STUNT ROTJ Fett rifles, finally! Big pics. #167

Woohoo! I'm CAST.
    Jul 29, 2008, 7:03 PM - Re: STUNT ROTJ Fett rifles, finally! Big pics. #168

Hotshot just want you to know I sat on my porch waiting for the mailman to arrive .....and he did ........but there was no blaster .....guess there is always tomorrow .....
    Jul 30, 2008, 10:03 PM - Re: STUNT ROTJ Fett rifles, finally! Big pics. #169

Hey Everyone I got a Blaster in the mail!!!!!!! well as promised here is my initial review....

Well, the good and the bad.

First I will say that I have been in contact with hotshot and we discussed my thoughts of the blaster that I posted below. I will say that my copy was rough and had some physical issues I had problems with. I took pics and we discussed the results.

It was flimsy (more so then should be) and some of the rubber was not in the best of condition. There was a problem with the scope and trigger guard. The scop is flimsy and when holding, it sags down and the trigger guard is super thin. With that said we discussed the ideas to better it. I don't want to speak for Hotshot but he had GREAT resolves for these problems!!! The main issue with the rubber being not of the best condition was based to the pulling. I would say to focus on the T tracks. With experience comes perfection and I am sure that many other blasters will come out 100%. Also the scope was falling off when I recieved it. This was probably the glue coming off but it's an easy fix. Well, to sum up the bad, or not the best, the blaster still needed some work so it has to go back but he is really easy to work with and was no problem.

Now for the GOOD!!!!! I will keep this short as the only way to fully enjoy the datails is in person. Tha painting and weathering is 150%!!!!! AMAZING job with weathering:thumbup, I would easly put it up against an MR blaster as far as that aspect. The greeblies on the stock look as accurate as can be. I almost forgot that they were rubber! The blaster does truely look like rusted beat up old dirty gun metal. The amount of time and effort Hotshot put into weathering the blaster are amazing enough. Now I am not going to lie...its super light...I mean you could almost forget your carring a blaster with you.

So to sum it up...the blaster I recieved still needs some finishing work but is an amazing start of a AMAZING run! I am intrested to hear how the others came out. Even though I wasen't 100% satisified with the blaster...I know I will be. Hotshot was easy to talk to and we resolved the problems right away and will be recieveing another blaster shortly. Still, I feel that this blaster is top of the line. Mine needs work but it could just be mine too. When I talked to him he does put alot of care into this. Overall I would say I give my blaster a 75% rating and a 110% on the weathering thats not to say that another blaster won't be perfect. GREAT STUFF you got there Hotshot and Cheers for this run!!!
    Jul 30, 2008, 10:46 PM - Re: STUNT ROTJ Fett rifles, finally! Big pics. #170

To add to that . . .
    Feedback like that is what makes this hobby worth every drop of silicone on nice clothes, sticky fingers from foam, and hands covered in black, grey and rust colored paint completely worth it.

After reveiwing his blaster, I realized I never should have sent it out. I encourage any of the first six shipped, if you have any issue, don't hesitate to holler. We'll get you taken care of fast.

Irishfett was very, very instrumental in taking these blasters from 'good' to 'great'. We had a great conversation!
    I'm looking forward to sending out the next batch for reveiw, and definatly won't be pacing the floor for the responses on those.
    I'm even happier to be able to updaet the ESB ones with the new ideas too!!

Definatly the most exciting screwup I've ever made!
    Jul 31, 2008, 7:01 AM - Re: STUNT ROTJ Fett rifles, finally! Big pics. #171

Ahem!

(Best Obi Wan voice)

"These aren't the droids you're looking for..."

(Yeah that'll do!)

"Cast mine Hotshot, cast mine..."

Actually, I've been thinking since I signed up that there are advantages to being at the back of the queue!!

Glad you guys are getting the blasters perfect in your own minds!!
    And I really don't mind waiting, was just pulling your leg!!

Keep up the great work Hotshot!!:thumbup:thumbup:thumbup

And thanks for the honest review IrishFett!!!
    Jul 31, 2008, 7:22 AM - Re: STUNT ROTJ Fett rifles, finally! Big pics. #172

pm sent
    Jul 31, 2008, 8:03 AM - Re: STUNT ROTJ Fett rifles, finally! Big pics. #173

Hay hotshot where are you exactly in OH? Ill be in OH all weekend. Id love to just see one of your rifles

Going to canton for the Hall of Fame weekend.
    Jul 31, 2008, 8:30 AM - Re: STUNT ROTJ Fett rifles, finally! Big pics. #174

Does this mean those of us who haven't received ours yet will see these improvements incorporated? I'd hate to have a flaccid scope.

-C
    Jul 31, 2008, 8:40 AM - Re: STUNT ROTJ Fett rifles, finally! Big pics. #175

Yep! The updates will include the following:
    Light rodding added to scope
    Slim plastic added to inside of trigger guard (will still have movement, but not as much)
    Less 'wiggle' in rifle

It's not going to be a problem to redo therifles that have gone out, and the rifles set to go out will be doing so 'on schedule.'

I just rushed it on these. Sorry. We'll get it right! No worries!

Stormrider, I'm about 30 miles out from Canton, straight down Rt 62. I actually grew up just outside of Canton!! Come on down and hang out!!