Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Subscribe
    Jun 10, 2008, 9:20 PM - Re: STUNT ROTJ Fett rifles, finally! Big pics. #76

I want in!!!
    Jun 11, 2008, 4:06 AM - Re: STUNT ROTJ Fett rifles, finally! Big pics. #77

any idea if this item can pass thru Singapore customs?
    Jun 11, 2008, 9:30 AM - Re: STUNT ROTJ Fett rifles, finally! Big pics. #78

Hey hotshot, I am glad to see your guns are getting the attention they deserve! I really can't wait to get mine...I'll probbaly carry it around with me for a good week or so...you know to like dinner and the stores and places like that. LOL. But seriously, You should be very proud, the pics look GREAT and I am sure they even look better in person! Talk to you later. Cheers!
    Jun 13, 2008, 9:39 AM - Re: STUNT ROTJ Fett rifles, finally! Big pics. #79

I wonder if I got that 11th spot....lol
    Jun 13, 2008, 10:55 AM - Re: STUNT ROTJ Fett rifles. Finished rifle up!! #80

If anyone else bails, can I get on the Wait List? I can pay right now!
    Jun 13, 2008, 1:18 PM - Re: STUNT ROTJ Fett rifles. Finished rifle up!! #81

I'll bail. You can have my spot.
    Jun 14, 2008, 12:13 PM - Re: STUNT ROTJ Fett rifles, finally! Big pics. #82

Okay,thanks! You were the last one to contact, J5! Hope to see you again the next run.

Anyone who wants in, will be added. I see no reason to exclude anyone. once I'm rested from a long and tireing (but in a good way) work week, I'll update, and contact everyone. The first pulls went well, and I'm looking forward to getting a group together for photos.
    Thanks!!
    Jun 14, 2008, 11:04 PM - Re: STUNT ROTJ Fett rifles, finally! Big pics. #83

PM sent
    Jun 15, 2008, 7:17 PM - Re: STUNT ROTJ Fett rifles, finally! Big pics. #84

PM sent
    Jun 15, 2008, 8:41 PM - Re: STUNT ROTJ Fett rifles, finally! Big pics. #85

PM sent, too!
    Jun 16, 2008, 9:26 PM - Re: STUNT ROTJ Fett rifles, finally! Big pics. #86

Hello again gang!

I've PM'd everyone that was interested, and truthfully, I have no problem letting everyone hop in.

Be sure to include your screen name in your paypal receipt/email. I've had to chase a few folk down.

The pulls are coming along, and I'll get pics up asap. I have ordered a bit more foam rubber to keep stock, as these use a bit more than I thought.

i've also changed the inner support to a slim metal rod, the plastic order never went through (frickin' Plastuct), so I had to improvise, and it worked much better! The final weight of these pups is two pounds.

Now . .all we have to figure out is how to make the rest of the suit light!!!
    Jun 16, 2008, 9:52 PM - Re: STUNT ROTJ Fett rifles, finally! Big pics. #87

Paypal sent. Email addy is same as screen name.
    Jun 16, 2008, 10:38 PM - Re: STUNT ROTJ Fett rifles, finally! Big pics. #88

Paypal sent!
    Jun 17, 2008, 12:03 PM - Re: STUNT ROTJ Fett rifles, finally! Big pics. #89

Hotshot said: View Post

i've also changed the inner support to a slim metal rod, the plastic order never went through (frickin' Plastuct), so I had to improvise, and it worked much better
    Did this change your projected ship date?? When was that again?? Just curious. Looking forward to seeing these!
    Jun 19, 2008, 10:45 AM - Re: STUNT ROTJ Fett rifles, finally! Big pics. #90

No, it won't cuase any slow down. But, at this point, they'r taking two days to cast. I've had 5 full bad pulls now . . .and am starting to get a bit frustrated. But I'll get it!!
    Jun 19, 2008, 11:16 AM - Re: STUNT ROTJ Fett rifles, finally! Big pics. #91

I did have a quick question. Are you shipping them out as they are completed or in one big mass shipping? Good luck with the rest of the pulls. Practice makes perfect but I hope the bad pulls arn't causing you any loss. Cheers!
    Jun 20, 2008, 11:40 AM - Re: STUNT ROTJ Fett rifles, finally! Big pics. #92

I ship them in bulk orders, which makes the process go alot faster. printing paypal shipping labels one at a time can be slightly time consuming. It's also much, much easier to take ten to the post office too!!

I think I've got the casting down. My biggest trouble had been airbubbles in the t-track, but I got ahold of that porblem too. NO I just gotta get them cranked out!!!
    I'll tell ya, I am having fun though!!!
    Jun 20, 2008, 11:55 AM - Re: STUNT ROTJ Fett rifles, finally! Big pics. #93

Guys if you're curious I own one of Hotshots Biker Scout Pistols. They are amazing. Very good looking and durable. You can drop it and they don't explode. Very well made. I am honored to be at the top of the list for one of these. I didn't have to even think about it! Hotshot really looking forward to these.

TK9950
    Jun 20, 2008, 12:00 PM - Re: STUNT ROTJ Fett rifles, finally! Big pics. #94

Myself as well, I can't imagine doing the amount of troops lined up this summer with my MR. I've done 4 to this point with it and it starts to get a bit "less comfy" after a couple hours, the lighter foam/rubber will be a welcome relief.
    Jun 20, 2008, 12:04 PM - Re: STUNT ROTJ Fett rifles, finally! Big pics. #95

iirc, this is one of the big reasons the sci-fire stuff is so expensive. it's REALLY hard to get it right. there's a lot of waste, since you can't easily put filler into squishy.

on the note of air bubbles though, if they are minor, try latex caulking. it comes in black, and will be flexible like the gun. if it bonds well to the material you are using, it could save you some time and money.
    Jun 21, 2008, 7:31 AM - Re: STUNT ROTJ Fett rifles, finally! Big pics. #96

Thanks TK9950! Those scout pistols were such a huge success!! I love how many stories came back of poeple pratically dribbling them

One of the things I hate about high priced items like Scifire (not that I'm knocking them, they make great stuff) is that they, like other big ticket item makers in the overall hobby, half to pass the cost on. Thankfully, my time isn't very valueable, and my cost of living's pretty low. I also know alot of 'tricks' to pass along a better price (man, I hope this all doesn't come off as cocky ), and I get alot fo shipping supplies for free.

Every little bit helps!

I should note that casting is getting easier, and I've been able to fix up some bad pulls.

I'm always reminded, when doing runs, of the story ofthe man who jumped of the tallest building in the city.

At each window he passed, he could be heard saying 'So far, so good. . . .so far so good . . .'
    Jun 24, 2008, 12:25 PM - Re: STUNT ROTJ Fett rifles, finally! Big pics. #97

Small update. Casting is going well, but my internet at home is down. i believe my wireless antenna got hit by lightning. Has to be something like that, cuase i just paid the bill. Grr. . . So I'm here updateing at work.
    I'll upload the pics of the rifles asap, but I wanted everyone to know things are going well.
    I also started the ESB master!!! Wheee!!

Thanks!!
    Jun 30, 2008, 11:18 AM - Re: STUNT ROTJ Fett rifles, finally! Big pics. #98

Hotshot any timeframe on the first of these bad boys shipping out? I know I'm only...wait....I'm first on the list! JK ! Just wondering!

Thanks
    Jun 30, 2008, 10:54 PM - Re: STUNT ROTJ Fett rifles, finally! Big pics. #99

Um, did you say ESB master? Go ahead and add me to that list as well. ;-)
    Jul 1, 2008, 10:34 AM - Re: STUNT ROTJ Fett rifles, finally! Big pics. #100

Yep, got an ESB going, she's just about done too! Want to get that done by the end of July, that way, I can go right into Ghostbusters season (any body else geared up for a proton pack first person shooter?).

Time frame wise, I'm ready to get the first ten ROTJ into boxes, but I'm going natty-bumpo-bonkers without an internet at home to load pics and get shipping info printed (my last 12 Biker Scout blasters are also sitting and waiting). I'm at work now, and am updating from there, but I feel I'm swimming into irresponsible seller waters if I don't ship soon/give better updates.

So, I'm basically torn between getting the thumbs up on the rubber look and feel from you guys, and getting these out quickly.

Let me know what you think, guys. I need a little feedback on this one.
    Thanks!