Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Subscribe
    Jun 9, 2004, 6:11 AM - Re: stuff from www.starfortressproductions.com #26

That's the one thing I don't like about getting props from the other side of the world. The international shipping rates are crazy.

Hey, you all wanted to know how the stuff I got from Anton looks, well I just posted a link to a pic of me in my completed costume on the Sarlacc Pit. I got my jumpsuit, jet pack, knee pieces and ESB rifle from Star Fortress. Let me know what you think?

John Barrows, Jr.
    TK-1776
    Jun 16, 2004, 12:02 PM - Re: stuff from www.starfortressproductions.com #27

For those of you who have bought from SF, did you have to pay that high shipping price? HE told me it is that high because they are asian based? Anyone know this to be true? Do item from from Asia or the States?
    -Bobafett669
    Jun 16, 2004, 3:27 PM - Re: stuff from www.starfortressproductions.com #28

As far as I know, they come from the Phillipines.

Wes
  4. Member Since
    Aug 2003
    Jun 20, 2004, 10:02 PM - Re: stuff from www.starfortressproductions.com #29

I have dealt with peeps in the phillipines and shipping was not that exuberant!!

Lance
    TR2640
    Jun 21, 2004, 2:10 AM - Re: stuff from www.starfortressproductions.com #30

I bought some items from the PP last year. I paid in Euro and could save.
    Jun 21, 2004, 9:46 AM - Re: stuff from www.starfortressproductions.com #31

I agree, I too have snet stuff overseas and postage was never that much. Looks like they have some good things but the shipping fees take it right out of my ballpark.
    Jul 2, 2004, 12:28 PM - Re: stuff from www.starfortressproductions.com #32

closedwheel 172 wrote:

I just finished dealing w/ Anton from SFP for some stuff & plan on showing some pics soon & a full review. Absolutely no problems w/ ordering or receiving, 1 of 3 pieces I was very dissapointed in...

Stay tuned....

-Rod

EDIT: o.k., my spelling sucks...
    Can we see the photos you mentioned of the stuff from SF?
    Jul 8, 2004, 4:25 AM - Re: stuff from www.starfortressproductions.com #33

I'm in need of a jumpsuit and do want to buy one from starfortressproductions, but it's impossible to fill out the order. Possibly a technical error constantly refreshes the page and the fields switch to wrong settings or cannot be filled out.
    Jul 8, 2004, 4:25 PM - Re: stuff from www.starfortressproductions.com #34

E-mail Anton directly at Starfortressproductions@yahoo.com. I had the same problem. He will take care of it for you.

John Barrows, Jr.
    TK-1776
    Jul 9, 2004, 2:46 AM - Re: stuff from www.starfortressproductions.com #35

Thanks, he should not have much customers at the moment if his payment page does not work
    Oct 24, 2004, 10:57 AM - Re: stuff from www.starfortressproductions.com #36

Could anyone tell me just how "acurate" SFP's softpart kit is compared to the real ROTJ suit? I'm not a real expert on this so i'm deppening on YOUR opinioins here. Especially the flak vest are wanted.

cheers,
    Boba swede
    Oct 24, 2004, 8:22 PM - Re: stuff from www.starfortressproductions.com #37

I got ny jumpsuit from Skygunbro on ebay. He will custom make it to your size.
    Oct 25, 2004, 5:07 AM - Re: stuff from www.starfortressproductions.com #38

Thanks for the tip but i think i can save more money buy buying all of the soft-parts in one go rather than buy one at a time on ebay.
    So far SFP is the only one who seems to offer this. Plus, i assume anyway, that the color schemes will match better...
  14. Member Since
    Feb 2004
    Oct 25, 2004, 12:44 PM - Re: stuff from www.starfortressproductions.com #39

I just recieved my Jango Fett jumpsuit from starfortress productions, really happy with it. I thinking ordering Snowtrooper armor next.

Later,

Buddhafett
    Oct 25, 2004, 12:48 PM - Re: stuff from www.starfortressproductions.com #40

Boba Swede wrote:

Thanks for the tip but i think i can save more money buy buying all of the soft-parts in one go rather than buy one at a time on ebay.
    So far SFP is the only one who seems to offer this. Plus, i assume anyway, that the color schemes will match better...
    Not true, SPF overcharges on shipping (IMO) and sometimes does not get things right and has to redo them. I was thinking of buying the softparts combo from them but found this in the states instead. I got my jumpsuit and vest fro the same guy and only paid 1 shipping charge. You don't have to win the auction, just email him and he will do it. Very quickly to. I am very happy with mine except I have to take the vest in a little as it was a little big from me.
    Oct 26, 2004, 5:29 AM - Re: stuff from www.starfortressproductions.com #41

bobafett669>>
    Kewl.. well i'll email him and we'll see what happens.

Oct 27, 2004, 6:30 PM - Re: stuff from www.starfortressproductions.com #42

Out of curiosity, do Darth Flan's shin tools fit into the SFP suit?

18. Oct 28, 2004, 12:49 PM - Re: stuff from www.starfortressproductions.com #43

Can someone please email me RA's name and website info? Thanks in advance.
    Nov 17, 2004, 8:43 PM - Re: stuff from www.starfortressproductions.com #44

Ive bought a few things from there and im really happy with it all. shippings a little much but im happy with it.

pogo
  20. Member Since
    Mar 2004
    Nov 30, 2004, 12:39 AM - Re: stuff from www.starfortressproductions.com #45

My international clients have told me that Anton at SFP is a straightup guy,but they hate the shipping and handling charges,they ask me,"you're in Australia,which is further away than the Phillipines,and your shipping is 30% of SFP's so what gives?"
    I don't know,but it may just simply come down to company policy on pricing.
    Remember,this is a business,not some backyard operator....

21. Mithaearon
    Nov 30, 2004, 2:53 AM - Re: stuff from www.starfortressproductions.com #46

Hi

I want to order from SFP but I have a few problems (nothing new there ), I want to purchase the soft parts kit but I can not see anywhere to specify size once I go through the order process. This is using the 2checkout system.

I tried the other system (Ikobo) and got stuck on Card Phone Number?

Can anyone that has order from there give me a few pointers.

I have emailed them but I see from this site there is a bulk order going on that is probably keeping them all busy.

Kind Regards

Mithaearon
    Nov 30, 2004, 10:50 AM - Re: stuff from www.starfortressproductions.com #47

I just bought a jumpsuit off of them. I picked it up from my parents house on Thanksgiving. It looks great, though it's RoTJ colors and I ordered ESB... But, I ordered through the new Ikobo system... Everything about the process was a little screwy (it didn't charge the "sale" price but the full price. However, it didn't charge me shipping or some reason). The online receipt didn't specify ESB or ROTJ and I emailed him to verify ESB and the problem with the Ikobo system. In talking to him he seems to be a really good guy. But because of the new system, and how everything was screwy, I'm not going to worry about it... I'll dye it or leave it as-is and jump on the RoTJ bandwagon. So I have a grey jumpsuit with brown belt pouches...

I didn't use the other system though...

I will say give him time to respond. It can take a week or so from my experience for a response, but he does indeed respond.

It fits great, but I might have gone a little bigger... I actually did go up a bit in size. I'm a small guy, so if I ever gain weight or get the beer gut thing going I may be in trouble. From what I read about suits being too small sometimes you may want to keep that in mind...
  23. Mithaearon
    Dec 3, 2004, 2:52 PM - Re: stuff from www.starfortressproductions.com #48

Boy do I feel stupid, I just went through the order process and I thought I would email them afterwards to state my size. I then saw that once you complete the credit card details you get to specify the sizes.
    Dec 3, 2004, 3:27 PM - Re: stuff from www.starfortressproductions.com #49

GOTS TO READ MAN
  25. Member Since
    Apr 2002
    Dec 21, 2004, 9:50 AM - Re: stuff from www.starfortressproductions.com #50

Do most people reject the theory that TPP and SFP are all the same guy, and that the whole fight between the "two" was just a ploy to make people think the "bad guy" was TPP and the good guy was SFP, so that he could relaunch himself nice and fresh?

I ask because it sure seems like the same person. The costumes are the same, the photos are the same, the poor web design is the same. Why is that the case if there are two different people running things? People use to defend TPP and claim he wasn't TS. Now many people are doing the same for SFP. They were wrong before, why not now?

I bought from TPP back before I heard about his past. I've stayed away since. I know that the prices make it tempting, but just can't bring myself to send money with someone of that background. If I'm wrong, and I've love to be wrong, let me know. But there is just too much to make me uneasy.

Scott