Subscribe
    Mar 22, 2006, 7:57 PM - Re: Studio Scale 15” Jetpack Patterns #26

Awesome work Bluewolf!
    Mar 22, 2006, 9:39 PM - Re: Studio Scale 15” Jetpack Patterns #27

nice work bluewolf! keep it up!
  3. Member Since
    Mar 2006
    Mar 24, 2006, 8:39 AM - Re: Studio Scale 15” Jetpack Patterns #28

Hey all...new builder here and have a few questions.

First and foremost...Great plans Wizard!

What is the measurement on those PVC pipes? I can't get an accurate measurement from the plans and dont know what I need to head out to lowes to buy. basically I just need the diameter. Thanks all!
    Mar 24, 2006, 1:01 PM - Re: Studio Scale 15” Jetpack Patterns #29

Quote Jedi_killa_73 said:
    Hey all...new builder here and have a few questions.

First and foremost...Great plans Wizard!

What is the measurement on those PVC pipes? I can't get an accurate measurement from the plans and dont know what I need to head out to lowes to buy. basically I just need the diameter. Thanks all!
    I measured 2.5" for the pipes, but as far as I know you wont find PVC that size. The pipes I currently have in there are 2". I am most likely going to cut out my PVC pipe once I locate something better. Possibly a couple 2" connector joints glued together, I donno. I hear some people mention pop cans, but I think they would need re-enforcing.

Thanks for the comments on the pack, I wouldn't have gotten as far as I did without Alan's drawings.
    Mar 24, 2006, 8:06 PM - Re: Studio Scale 15” Jetpack Patterns #30

Absolutely incredible work!! I'm using your armor templates now to construct my first Boba and I'm totally impressed with everything I've seen so far from you.

Total asset to the community!!
    Mar 24, 2006, 10:43 PM - Re: Studio Scale 15” Jetpack Patterns #31

Quote BH7379 said:
    Absolutely incredible work!! I'm using your armor templates now to construct my first Boba and I'm totally impressed with everything I've seen so far from you.

Total asset to the community!!
    to whom?
  7. Member Since
    Apr 2006
    Apr 19, 2006, 7:37 PM - Re: Studio Scale 15” Jetpack Patterns #32

this may be a stupid question....but how do you print these templates on paper big enough? I was going to print them out at school, but they will only print on 8.5x11 paper. I saw the tip about enlarging them to 700% or so, so that they will be full size, but when they print they dont print all on one sheet. Any info would be great! Thanks

Brian
    Apr 20, 2006, 2:05 PM - Re: Studio Scale 15” Jetpack Patterns #33

No questions are stupid. One thing that you might check is to see if the printer will let to do a Tile Print. This is where the printer automaticly breaks the image into 8.5 X 11 blocks which you then have to paste back together. The other option is to take the file to someplace like Kinkos and have them print it out on their large format printers.

At some point I hope to be able to break everything down into standard paper sizes for printing, but it will take a while to get to that project.

Alan

Quote butzer said:
    this may be a stupid question....but how do you print these templates on paper big enough? I was going to print them out at school, but they will only print on 8.5x11 paper. I saw the tip about enlarging them to 700% or so, so that they will be full size, but when they print they dont print all on one sheet. Any info would be great! Thanks

Brian
  9. Member Since
    Apr 2006
    Apr 21, 2006, 12:40 AM - Re: Studio Scale 15” Jetpack Patterns #34

wizard, that sounds like a good idea, I will definately try it....oh, and by the way....THANK YOU FOR MAKING THESE TEMPLATES!!! I'm sure you have saved alot of people here on TDH forum alot of money
    Jun 23, 2006, 11:46 AM - Re: Studio Scale 15” Jetpack Patterns #35

where do you go to get these things printed?

sorry if I sound ignorant
    Jun 23, 2006, 12:01 PM - Re: Studio Scale 15” Jetpack Patterns #36

wow nice to see what the product looks like in build up.

I will certainly give this a try.
    Jun 23, 2006, 1:26 PM - Re: Studio Scale 15” Jetpack Patterns #37

Hello,

Some printers will let you print out large images in a “tiled” format for banners and such, failing that Kinkos or any drafting/CAD shop should be able to print them out full size.

I am trying to reorganize them to print out on 8.5X11, but I’m not there yet.

Have a great day.

Alan
    Jun 25, 2006, 10:32 PM - Re: Studio Scale 15” Jetpack Patterns #38

WOF, this is awesome, just like everything else you make.

I have a question on sizing them, and wanted to know if you could answer. I have a big cardboard tube that I found, and it's about 4 inches in diameter. I wanted to know if this tube could be used as the center tube with your templates, and what percent size to print this as to match the tube. Or if the tube is even worth using if it might make the overall jet pack too small? Any help would be great.

Again, awesome templates! I can't wait for the 8.5 x 11 version!
    Jun 26, 2006, 2:03 AM - Re: Studio Scale 15” Jetpack Patterns #39

There are two different tube diameters for the center of the jet pack the main tube in the body of the pack for the 15" wide JP is 4 5/16" while the upper tube (the base for the "rocket") is about 3 1/2". To use your 4" tube the main body of the jet pack, it would have to be reduced down to 92.75%, which would make the overall width of the JP about 13.9". That seems a bit small to me, but if you are about 5' 7" tall a 13.9" wide JP would be the prefect size. I am planning on using 4" PVC (actual OD is 4.5") for the main body of my JP it is a bit over size and 3" PVC (actual OD is 3.5"), PVC is very cheap even in these sizes.

Hope this helps you.

Alan

Quote MandoMan said:
    WOF, this is awesome, just like everything else you make.

I have a question on sizing them, and wanted to know if you could answer. I have a big cardboard tube that I found, and it's about 4 inches in diameter. I wanted to know if this tube could be used as the center tube with your templates, and what percent size to print this as to match the tube. Or if the tube is even worth using if it might make the overall jet pack too small? Any help would be great.

Again, awesome templates! I can't wait for the 8.5 x 11 version!
    Jun 26, 2006, 2:19 AM - Re: Studio Scale 15” Jetpack Patterns #40

Sweet, thanks WOF! That really helps me, since I am almost exactly 5'7".

I forgot about the tube being thinner for the rocket base. I'll check out the PVC. Since there is two base tubes, I might as well get both 4" and 3" if I get the PVC and save the cardboard tube for something else.

Hopefully I'm not being annoying with all these questions, but what should the side tubes' diameter's be? Might as well get all my questions out of the way now.
    Jun 26, 2006, 2:37 PM - Re: Studio Scale 15” Jetpack Patterns #41

No problem any time. The tanks on either side are about 2 9/16" so 2" PVC should work nicely - it is 2 3/8" OD.

Alan

Quote MandoMan said:
    Sweet, thanks WOF! That really helps me, since I am almost exactly 5'7".

I forgot about the tube being thinner for the rocket base. I'll check out the PVC. Since there is two base tubes, I might as well get both 4" and 3" if I get the PVC and save the cardboard tube for something else.

Hopefully I'm not being annoying with all these questions, but what should the side tubes' diameter's be? Might as well get all my questions out of the way now.
    Jun 27, 2006, 8:23 PM - Re: Studio Scale 15” Jetpack Patterns #42

Well this is going to make a lot of people very happy and a few very annoyed, but what can you do.

I have resolved the printing problems the link in the first post has been updated to a PDF file that is comprised of 56 8.5" X 11" pages that will allow you print out the jet pack full size with out any muss or fuss.

I have made a few corrections, but these are still in a rough format so if you have any problems please let me know and I'll see what I can do.

I want to thank Xombie for his help and efforts to help convert these to a more useable format.:thumbup

Alan
    Jun 27, 2006, 8:50 PM - Re: Studio Scale 15” Jetpack Patterns #43

:thumbup ,

Wizard, I want to buy you a beer. Xombie to.
    Awesome work............again.
    -Tim-
    Jun 27, 2006, 10:52 PM - Re: Studio Scale 15” Jetpack Patterns #44

Quote psberetta said:
    :thumbup ,

Wizard, I want to buy you a beer. Xombie to.
    Awesome work............again.
    -Tim-
    I would too, if it weren't for the fact that I'm under-age.

I am very glad I didn't print them out yesterday! But 56 sheets?! I need to get started printing NOW! Good thing I just got new ink!

Thanks so much, WOF! Without you, we'd be...well, screwed.
    Jun 27, 2006, 11:14 PM - Re: Studio Scale 15” Jetpack Patterns #45

Alright, I have what might be a very dumb question. How would I go about printing these out at a certain percent in Adobe Acrobat Reader?
    Jun 28, 2006, 12:30 AM - Re: Studio Scale 15” Jetpack Patterns #46

The ZIP file in the first post has been updated to include the missing assembly page, but for those that already have downloaded it here is the missing assembly page:
    http://home.comcast.net/~wizardoffli..._Miss_Assy.pdf

MandoMan,

Not sure how to print out different percentage in Acrobate Reader, maybe some out there that has a bit more experience with the program can help. What scale do you need? If all else fails you can always reduce them on a photocopier.

Sorry I not much help on this one.

Alan
    Jun 28, 2006, 1:12 AM - Re: Studio Scale 15” Jetpack Patterns #47

I was going to print it out at 92.75% like you suggested. I'll just wait a couple of days to see if anyone else chimes in on how to do it, then I'll probably go the photocopier method.
    Jun 30, 2006, 10:16 AM - Re: Studio Scale 15” Jetpack Patterns #48

thanks very much for the 8.5 x 11 update. If you're ever up to Calgary or Edmonton, Alberta Canada I will most certainly like to buy you a couple "beverages" myself, as I am sure most of the Badlands Garrison would as well.
  24. Member Since
    Mar 2006
    Aug 17, 2006, 11:48 AM - Re: Studio Scale 15” Jetpack Patterns #49

When i print the new 8.5 by 11 plans i cant get them to print at the right (same) size. The size of each page is different according to adobe and not one will fit on 8.5 by 11 unless they are reduced. The problem with that is without scale on each page how will i do this? My printer also dosen't want to print right to the edge and creates a border. I know that all the work has already been done and i'm not complaining but however i am dumb and still need more help thanks and dont laugh too loud. If anyone could help by putting scale on each page i would be eternally grateful.
    Aug 17, 2006, 12:18 PM - Re: Studio Scale 15” Jetpack Patterns #50

Hello,

You shouldn't have to do any scaling. The templates are set up to have a .25" boarder when printed out so there should be a boarder on each page.

Which version of Acrobate are you using? If version 7, in the print menu set "Page Scaling:" to "Fit to Printer Margins" that should allow the pages to print out the correct size.

Let me know if you have any more problems.

Alan