Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Stomach bulge

From
    North Bay, ON, CANADA

Stomach bulge

Kind of a silly question, but this might cause a problem when I assemble my armor...

What should I do if my gut makes the belly armor piece stick out far? I've got what you could call a "Grover" body, so the only fat part I have on my body will be pushing the belly piece out much farther than the chest pieces.

Other than working out (duh), and other suggestions to even out the plane of my armor?

Account Deactivated

Re: Stomach bulge

I'd like to know too.
    apparently,I have a problem with my "large waist line and how it's noticable when you wear your Boba suit"

that's me on the right (slavefive on the left)
    Last edited by slave1pilot; Oct 22, 2008 at 8:38 AM.

From
    SW Minnesota, very small town

LOL!!!!!!! Well, I have a bit of a beer gut myself, so I've got a few suggestions. Actually, by teh time you get all your belts & everything on, you will be able to hide it pretty well. Thank god for the Jet pack belt!!!! I usually tighten mine up a bit, & that does the trick. I also wear my girth & ammo belts a little higher & that helps as well if you tighten them up good. Not overly comfortable, but does look better!!! LOL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails user474_pic463_1218170353-jpg  

From
    Chicago, IL

jango kid.

Love that suit man!!

+1 Super nice ESB

That one home depot JP harness basically is a back brace and has a girdle built into it. I'm sure if the above suggestions don't work you can try something like a girdle or exercise neoprene band. I'm just going to use my finished Fett as my motivation to drop 20 lbs...

the home depot braces are good both for help sucking it in, and helping your posture.

the posture is a killer... you tend to lean back, which makes matters even worse!

From
    God's Country (Oklahoma)

I guess try sucking it in and slouching...

Yeah, stick your butt out and suck in the gut

From
    Massachusetts

... or just go on a diet.

Jango's kid said: View Post
    LOL!!!!!!! Well, I have a bit of a beer gut myself, so I've got a few suggestions. Actually, by teh time you get all your belts & everything on, you will be able to hide it pretty well. Thank god for the Jet pack belt!!!! I usually tighten mine up a bit, & that does the trick. I also wear my girth & ammo belts a little higher & that helps as well if you tighten them up good. Not overly comfortable, but does look better!!! LOL
    lol i was wondering about this to got a "beer belly" as well and its been my biggest worry

A few words gentlemen do ''situps'' work those abdominals.

METALLBOY said: View Post
    A few words gentlemen do ''situps'' work those abdominals.
    unfortunately, sit-ups alone don't flatten your abs. You have to lay off the corn syrup and beer and do tons of cardio.

You could try an old fashioned girdle if you are desperate. Just don't tell anybody.

ya walking and jogging always helps also trading in red meat for more poultry and carbs for more vegeatbles

From
    North Bay, ON, CANADA

Corn syrup, sure. Beer? Not a chance! I'm Canadian, you can't make me do that!

I'm a big meat/veggies guy as it is, I grill lots and eat about 50% vegetarian.

grilling is a healthy way to cook food i hear but try trading red meat in for some chicken and turkey and omit barbeque sauce if you use it currently and you problably will see some improvements for sure

From
    North Bay, ON, CANADA

I rarely ever use barbecue sauce. I'm more of a marinade guy. I do fish once or twice a week, pork an chicken. Small steak like once a week. My dinners are very balanced.

Punhulk said: View Post
    grilling is a healthy way to cook food i hear but try trading red meat in for some chicken and turkey and omit barbeque sauce if you use it currently and you problably will see some improvements for sure
    the quality of the meat matters hugely too... grass fed, locally raised beef will likely be healthier than an equivalent cut of corn fed, mass market moo.

From
    Chicago, IL

P90X

SEEKER said: View Post
    P90X

if you are a crazy person!

From
    Chicago, IL

stormtrooperguy said: View Post
    if you are a crazy person!
    Gonna start it again November 1st.

Account Deactivated
    From
    Spain

SEEKER said:
    Gonna start it again November 1st.
    How is it? What must be done? 100 flexions every day or what?

From
    North Carolina

+1 P90X.

From
    Chicago, IL

KaanE said: View Post
    How is it? What must be done? 100 flexions every day or what?
    Any one really serious about P90X head over to these boards for tips and results and motivaion.

Turo

http://300dc.com/forums/

http://www.weightloss-hq.biz/weight-...90x-forum.html

From
    Cookeville, TN

I don't think it looks that bad, guys. Have you seen some of the Snow or Scouts running around?!

From
    Schenectady, NY

I'm roundish in the middle as well, my stormtrooper costume bears that out a bit! If you walk around holding the EE-3 across your midsection, no one will see your belly. Also, I think fans tend to look mostly at the helmet. I've lost 12 pounds since I got my armor a little over a month ago and it's made a difference. Now I've got to keep on exercising!! I want to look good in the flight suit as well

BTW, I think you look fine in the photo. I don't see a "chubby Boba" by any means.
    Your costume is awesome!