Subscribe
    Dec 20, 2011, 4:11 PM - Still need help with some ESB paint colours!! :( Really struggling. #1

Hi guys,

I have made a thread before about this. But it also had some other stuff about it. I am waiting to buy some ESB unpainted armour as I don't know what colours I would spray them I am only able to use Rattlecans. If someone could help, that'll be awesome. I also haven't bought the unpainted armour as some painted armour may pop up at an affordable price

Cheers,

Jay.
    Dec 20, 2011, 4:22 PM - Re: Still need help with some ESB paint colours!! :( Really struggling. #2

Could potentially save yourself a lot of headache and order it shipped in US paints. http://www.amazon.com/Rust-Oleum-773...4419677&sr=1-1

Fett Full of Dollar$ made a thread dedicated to IDing rattlecan colors. Check it out.
    Dec 20, 2011, 4:24 PM - Re: Still need help with some ESB paint colours!! :( Really struggling. #3

Can't ship compressed cans over seas. :'( I may have to brave the airbrush.
    Dec 20, 2011, 5:25 PM - Re: Still need help with some ESB paint colours!! :( Really struggling. #4

Makes sense. Don't despair! Honestly I've spent so much on rattlecans at this point I wish I got an airbrush and compressor from the word go. I hear it's not too much to handle either for full coats/ misting, which is what most of Fett painting will be.
    Dec 21, 2011, 5:15 AM - Re: Still need help with some ESB paint colours!! :( Really struggling. #5

Cool, cheers for the advice. I just need to find that rattlecan conversion chart and see if the colours swap over. Cheers.
    Dec 21, 2011, 5:27 AM - Re: Still need help with some ESB paint colours!! :( Really struggling. #6

Unfortunately I think it will be a lot of trial and error. I got lucky as Jayvee has done all the leg work for us Aussies wanting to use spray cans. Hoping to get my final few cans on Friday so I can paint during the holiday break.
    Maybe you can find colours that are close and put them up here for comment. Spray a test pattern on some ABS or something and see what everyone thinks.
    Dec 21, 2011, 5:39 AM - Re: Still need help with some ESB paint colours!! :( Really struggling. #7

That would be very expensive for me. I have just turned 20 and expendable income is minimum. But thanks for the thought. for the lighter parts of the helmet and the jetpack I used Tamiya Field Grey. I am hoping this is exactly the same as spruce green :P