Star fortress productions blaster

MacHuffy

Hunter
Hi, new member looking for advice, i've used these guys before and thought the quality of the flak vest and jumpsuit i bought was very good, but i've seen on the website that they do a webley replica like the ESB version, anyone purchased one or know anyone someone better to deal with for a similar item.

Huffy

bobaesbrifle.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey there, welcome to TDH!! I'm assuming your doing the ESB suit?

I'm sorry to inform you though. The members here have tought us all to stay away from SFP. There have been so many horor stories. That, and most of their stuff isn't that good. There are, however, a bunch of people on this site who make really cool stuff, much better quality than SFP could ever dream of. There are blasters here, and I"m not totally sure who makes them, as I've been after the ROTJ blaster. I'm sure someone will let you know soon though.

I hope that doesn't scare you off or anything, but just a warning about Starfortress. this is about the most tight knit community on the net, and I mean that. Everyone here is really helpful, and will answer any ?s you have. Also, try the search, and look up ESB blaster, and you should find more info.

Can't wait to see some progress threads!!

Welcome to another Fett on the boards :D Good to see another face here :)

Straight off, the stock is completely wrong, from the shape and size, to the greeblies even... they are poor versions of the RotJ setup.. ESB is completely different to those ones...

Secondly the D Bracket is way off the mark, it is supposed to be curved, with no major angles in the curvey part of the D.

Also the Scope greeblies look way off as well, not good enough quality in the pic ot be sure but id say so...

Lastly ive heard many times that the thing is soo damned heavy you will probably never ever troop with it....

My reccomendation, stick within this group, NEVER EVER GO BACK TO SFP, and browse around here... Sidewinder is the person you want to talk to about a blaster, and most probably alot cheaper without the long wait..

Hope that helps you out there.. :) If you need some more opinions on SFP, use the search button in the toolbar and type in SFP or StarFortress... im sure you will find many many reviews on their products..

Good luck and welcome to the group, I hope that you stick with it all, and take in the advice that everyone here gives you :) its always spot on :)

The only half decent thing I have heard about SFP is about their jumpsuits. The rest I've heard mostly horror stories. I personally have not ordered from them, but I do own their gloves and ammo belt which are not screen accurate. I hear that sidewinder makes great blaster kits. He has some pics on this forum. Jason

AGREED PW! :lol: welcome Machuffy, you are the only guy I have EVER heard on this forum to say anything good about SFP. you bought a flight suit and vest from them and you say it's pretty decent? would you mind posting some photos of said items so we can all take a look at them? here is a photo of my Sidewinder Blaster a while back before completion. Sidewinder is the only way to go IMO.

Picture 013.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
SFP is like a bad fast food restaurant (pick one, most are terrible). The burgers on the posters look appetizing. Then you get your order, and it looks like something you ran over last March and it's been stuck under your car for the past year. It tastes terrible, makes you sick, and you get fatter. And the guy who cooked your burger is wanted by the FBI. That's StarFortress in a nutshell.

AGREED PW! :lol: welcome Machuffy, you are the only guy I have EVER heard on this forum to say anything good about SFP. you bought a flight suit and vest from them and you say it's pretty decent? would you mind posting some photos of said items so we can all take a look at them? here is a photo of my Sidewinder Blaster a while back before completion. Sidewinder is the only way to go IMO.

View attachment 22827
Sidewinder hands down, and a very good price too!(y)(y)

Just out of interest, is there clone armour bad too then? I am lookiing for a Commander Bacara set, everything.

Beeeeeee careful ;) I've heard people wait 6 months for the clone stuff. And, it is all recast off of someone here in the states from e-bay. They didn't recast the good stuff, that much is for sure.

FP

Hi Guy's, don't think i've been made to feel more welcome anywhere:D, Thanks for all the tips, now i need to make contact with sidewinder, i wish i could show you the items i bough from SFP, but i sold the lot on eBay after my son was born, didn't think i'd ever get time to finish it, shame too i has nice metal armour and helmet at one time, i think the only piece i didn't manage to get was boot's, No mean feat in Scotland (No pun intended:lol:), i've got a new BM lid coming which i'll start an ESB scheme

Huffy

I'll second the notion that the jumpsuit is pretty good. I own one and I'm pretty happy with it at this point. My costume is nowhere near finished so I haven't trooped in it or really warn it more than a few minutes, but it was comfortable when I had it on. It's got a double zipper too which is nice for potty breaks. I had no real problems with them at all in the ordering process as many have indicated, and my turnaround time was pretty quick, it's been years though so I don't remember the exact time. I wouldn't touch any of their other products and I don't think I'd order from them again seeing the quality stuff offered here so don't take this post as an endorsement.

I have been collecting props for the past few months. No doubt, I have not bought anything from star fortress..... I have enough bad experiences and wasted some money to learn: "listen to the masses".:cheers

Hi, made contact with Sidewinder, quality of his blasters seems to be excellent, just need to aquire the funds for a completed one

Huffy

When it comes to Star Fortress Productions, generally people say to just stay away from it. I know people who have ordered their product and have been happy with it, but 90% of the time they are extremely disappointed.

I think everyone pretty much summed it up, dealing with them direct is iffy at best.

Also, I have to applaud my Garrison Mates fast food analogy... good thing I wasn't drinking or I would have spit all over my screen. :)

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back