Spray paint color for armor?

From
    San Diego

Spray paint color for armor?

Look I'm sorry if there was already a thread about this, but I have been searching for awhile and can't find anything. I just wanted to know what the experts are using to color their chest armor. Non-spray paint info is cool too, but let's be honest I'm a noob and it's easy to use spray paint.

From
    Newport News, VA

Re: Spray paint color for armor?

I think the most widely "accepted" color for ROTJ armor is U.S. Medium Green, made by Floquil.
    It's available in enamel (Floquil) or acrylic (Polly Scale.) I've never seen it available in a spray, but even if you don't have a lot of painting experience, you can generally find a simple spray kit by Testors to turn a paint jar into a spray.
    There's also this thread: http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=23569
    about the ESB paint job being done for Jeremy Bulloch. But again, those aren't spray paints.

I was trying to do an ESB in spray form to see if I could do it. I have searched everywhere like yourself and I believe I have found a good paint. www.hobbylinc.com sells a testors enamel in spray form for Medium Green http://www.hobbylinc.com/htm/tes/tes1913.htm
    They also have a grimey black, reefer yellow and such

From
    San Diego

Thank you for your help, I think I'll try the Medium Green spray that Jackpot76 suggested as a base color for now.

From
    Chicagoland

Spruce Green by Rustoleum is the best "spray can" color.

If you're doing ROTJ/SE I would go with the Hunt Club Green by American Accents. Available at Lowes.

From
    Vancouver, BC

I'm doing an ESB using rattlecans, but I can't find the Spruce Green anywhere. The closest thing I've found was the Hunt Club Green, but it looks too dark, especially in comparison to my MR helmet. I know the armour is supposed to be slightly darker than the helm, but the difference looks too great IMO. Oh well, the search continues!

From
    Jackson, Ohio

I think the color I used was called Hosta Leaf. I can't remember the maker, maybe Krylon. I think it worked well.

I've never had a problem finding spruce green at wal-mart by Rustoleum. Have you tried any auto stores?

From
    Vancouver, BC

Doing a search of the board I found out that the Spruce green was never available here in Canada. That would probably be why I could never find it.

I've only tried the Krylon and Rustoleum brands so far. Maybe I'll look into some of the generic paints from Wal-mart and similar stores.