Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Nov 2010
    Nov 16, 2010, 3:45 PM - Sorry, just starting: Kids costume? #1

Hi all. I have been looking over this aMAZing collection of resources for a couple of hours now. As much as I'd like to build a great Fett suit someday, I am currently focused on getting a basic, semi-durable costume together for my 3 year old. He will not be a stickler for detail, but he's at least old enough to distinguish "cool" from "not."

Any ideas on where I can buy a basic kids' costume, other than the cheapo Rubies stuff?
    Nov 16, 2010, 5:50 PM - Re: Sorry, just starting: Kids costume? #2

Trash can armor might be a good starting point? You can cut it to his size and it's inexpensive.
  3. Member Since
    Nov 2010
    Nov 16, 2010, 8:15 PM - Re: Sorry, just starting: Kids costume? #3

Quote WTFett said: View Post
    Trash can armor might be a good starting point? You can cut it to his size and it's inexpensive.
    So (pardon my lack of Fett vocab) you suggest getting a basic gray jumpsuit and cutting up chest and back armor?

What do people around these parts do for inexpensive kid's gauntlets? Thanks!
    Nov 16, 2010, 8:28 PM - Re: Sorry, just starting: Kids costume? #4

Gray or blue depending on the Fett you're going for. And yes, a rubbermaid trash can would probably provide enough plastic for just about all the body armor on a 3 year old. Then you can paint it up. Not sure about the gaunts.
  5. Nov 16, 2010, 8:48 PM - Re: Sorry, just starting: Kids costume? #5

I would read ONE ENDS mini Boba Build: COMPLETED "4 year old" (edit) not so Shiny Boba Fett armor & Jet Pack & Bucket

and his gun build: "4 year old size" Boba Blaster... (even though you can buy the gun now)

and PIOTR's mini Boba build: Polish Garrison • Zobacz temat - Zbroja Bobika dla sze
  6. Member Since
    Nov 2010
    Nov 16, 2010, 9:07 PM - Re: Sorry, just starting: Kids costume? #6

Quote MojoTurbo said: View Post
    I would read ONE ENDS mini Boba Build: COMPLETED "4 year old" (edit) not so Shiny Boba Fett armor & Jet Pack & Bucket

and his gun build: "4 year old size" Boba Blaster... (even though you can buy the gun now)

and PIOTR's mini Boba build: Polish Garrison • Zobacz temat - Zbroja Bobika dla sze
    Thanks! Those links are exactly what I was looking for.