Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Subscribe
  1. slave1pilot is offline slave1pilot
    Sep 17, 2009, 5:45 PM - slave1pilot builds and paints Fettpride gauntlets #1

I finally got myself a real pair of Fettpride gauntlets.
    I'm going to try and take lots of pics of this build & kinda do a tutorial of sorts.
    These just came in today and I need them by Oct 1.
    That's 2 weeks.
    Wish me luck.
    Sep 17, 2009, 6:13 PM - Re: slave1pilot builds and paints Fettpride gauntlets #2

Best of luck vod! Im going to be watching this one
  3. Sep 17, 2009, 6:51 PM - Re: slave1pilot builds and paints Fettpride gauntlets #3

Killer freshy Gaunts! Knock them out dude!
  4. Spideyfett is offline Spideyfett
    Sep 17, 2009, 7:08 PM - Re: slave1pilot builds and paints Fettpride gauntlets #4

Yeah Killer stuff bro.. can't wait to see you finish these... Rush, but don't.
  5. Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Sep 17, 2009, 11:25 PM - Re: slave1pilot builds and paints Fettpride gauntlets #5

I was just wondering where you got the kit? I'm working on my first costume and taking my time researching what I need to focus my time on the most. It seems to me the the three most dificult pieces will be the bucket, the jetpack, and the gauntlets. Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks
    Sep 18, 2009, 3:53 AM - Re: slave1pilot builds and paints Fettpride gauntlets #6

I agree with your assessment of those three items being the toughest for this costume for sure :P

The helmet, I went with a SgtFang Mystery helmet and I would recommend the lid. As far as the Jetpack, I built a great, sturdy one out of mat board, PVC pipe and WoF's templates in two days.

I still dont know what i'm going to be doing about the gauntlets, haha, probs will end up building them myself based on my budget... :S

Good luck!

Quote timothyfire said: View Post
    I was just wondering where you got the kit? I'm working on my first costume and taking my time researching what I need to focus my time on the most. It seems to me the the three most dificult pieces will be the bucket, the jetpack, and the gauntlets. Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks
  7. Sep 22, 2009, 7:36 PM - Re: slave1pilot builds and paints Fettpride gauntlets #7

S1P, how are the gauntlets turning out?
    Sep 23, 2009, 8:46 PM - Re: slave1pilot builds and paints Fettpride gauntlets #8

waiting to see picks old man - I'm about to start mine and need some inspiration!
  9. slave1pilot is offline slave1pilot
    Oct 1, 2009, 1:42 PM - Re: slave1pilot builds and paints Fettpride gauntlets #9

Quote Takemetoyourfett said: View Post
    S1P, how are the gauntlets turning out?

Change of plans guys. i was sick for the better part of a week & had no energy & I am not attending the event tonight anyway.
    Plus, working on parts while ill is a recipe to turn out garbage.
    and...
    Rushing through the build would not do these gauntlets justice.
    so...
    I will be taking a little longer on these.

They are primer grey right now.
    I started some sanding & trimming (not much needed BTW)
    I have also drilled a few holes for the light & attaching the piece to the right top shell.

i also have a painting commission that will take priority over my stuff. Please be patient.
    Oct 5, 2009, 7:33 PM - Re: slave1pilot builds and paints Fettpride gauntlets #10

Nathan...picked up a pair of FP gaunts myself. Just waiting to see what you do with them. Follow the master so to speak.
    Oct 5, 2009, 7:35 PM - Re: slave1pilot builds and paints Fettpride gauntlets #11

Good luck Brother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Nov 15, 2009, 11:03 PM - Re: slave1pilot builds and paints Fettpride gauntlets #12

Updates?
  13. slave1pilot is offline slave1pilot
    Nov 16, 2009, 10:04 AM - Re: slave1pilot builds and paints Fettpride gauntlets #13

LOL
    I was just thinking of this yesterday
    I had to replace the water heater so i was moving stuff around in the garage to do so.
    I found the box with the gaunts & thought I'd better get back at it.
    I do have a couple commissions first though.
    I will get to work on these as soon as I can
    Dec 18, 2009, 3:31 PM - Re: slave1pilot builds and paints Fettpride gauntlets #14

"I will post here so that I can easily follow this important thread," he said to himself...
    Dec 18, 2009, 5:15 PM - Re: slave1pilot builds and paints Fettpride gauntlets #15

Quote daric larone said: View Post
    "I will post here so that I can easily follow this important thread," he said to himself...
    +1
    Dec 18, 2009, 5:31 PM - Re: slave1pilot builds and paints Fettpride gauntlets #16

Quote slave1pilot said: View Post
    LOL
    I was just thinking of this yesterday
    I had to replace the water heater so i was moving stuff around in the garage to do so.
    I found the box with the gaunts & thought I'd better get back at it.
    I do have a couple commissions first though.
    I will get to work on these as soon as I can
    look forward to the updates bruv...
  17. slave1pilot is offline slave1pilot
    Jan 9, 2010, 7:00 PM - Re: slave1pilot builds and paints Fettpride gauntlets #17

small update
    Very small
    Primer applied

just a quick note about these gauntlets;
    They are absolutely the best I've had my hands on.
    Jan 17, 2010, 1:56 PM - Re: slave1pilot builds and paints Fettpride gauntlets #18

fantastic work....thanks for sharing.
    Jan 20, 2010, 8:44 PM - Re: slave1pilot builds and paints Fettpride gauntlets #19

Hey Nathan what kind of primer do you use?
  20. slave1pilot is offline slave1pilot
    Jan 20, 2010, 10:50 PM - Re: slave1pilot builds and paints Fettpride gauntlets #20

Flex Fill aerosol primer.
    Best

Primer

Evar.

http://www.amazon.com/SFX-FLEX-FILL-.../dp/B002HOP3S6

BTW- the magnets arrived yesterday, I'll try & get them installed over the weekend.
    Jan 21, 2010, 2:56 AM - Re: slave1pilot builds and paints Fettpride gauntlets #21

Nathan ... I don't even have the words for how much I'm looking forward to this bro. Glad to see you're getting busy on them !! And I l know it's "just primer" but for some reason, they look great already
    Jan 21, 2010, 6:14 AM - Re: slave1pilot builds and paints Fettpride gauntlets #22

Quote slave1pilot said: View Post

BTW- the magnets arrived yesterday, I'll try & get them installed over the weekend.
    I'm looking forward to seeing you use magnets to close these... I'm looking to get a set of FP gaunts and wanted to try this method to close. I used magnetic strips to close one end of my previous gaunts and they worked well. Good luck with these!
  23. slave1pilot is offline slave1pilot
    Jan 21, 2010, 8:22 AM - Re: slave1pilot builds and paints Fettpride gauntlets #23

I'm using 10mm cubes from "emovendo" on ebay.
    They are extremely powerful (n48) rare earth (neodymium) magnets.
    Maybe too strong.
    Jan 21, 2010, 8:44 AM - Re: slave1pilot builds and paints Fettpride gauntlets #24

Forgive the newb question but will you use magnets on both sides of a given gaunt or will you "hing" one side somehow?
    So looking forward to this build. Thanks Nathan.
    Jan 21, 2010, 9:37 AM - Re: slave1pilot builds and paints Fettpride gauntlets #25

Quote daric larone said: View Post
    Forgive the newb question but will you use magnets on both sides of a given gaunt or will you "hing" one side somehow?
    So looking forward to this build. Thanks Nathan.
    This is a good question... I'm curious too... I know from other threads the ESB gauntlets were not hinged (although its more practical to do so)