Subscribe
  1. Slave1
    Mar 14, 2003, 8:44 PM - Slave1 Glove run -- any interest? #1

Edit: No run being done due to the fact that I didn't reach ten people. See my last post because you can still get them as you need them.

Is there any interest in a Slave1 Boba Fett glove run?

It occured to me that there will probably be some people wanting to upgrade to the new material on their gloves, so . . . how about it?

I typically sell gloves off of Ebay for the Buy it Now price of $95 plus shipping. So I am thinking for TDH members, you supply the new white accent material and you get a more accurate pair of gloves returned to you for $85 plus shipping. And if you want to supply your own base gloves, I can further deduct an additional five dollars.

Please note, it's a lot easier for me to sell gloves on Ebay than to do a run. When I do a run, I have to step up production 2 - 3 times faster than what I normally put out just so people won't have to wait too long. I also have to deal with a deluge of emails all at once, and it's also a lot more to keep track of. I will do it if there is enough interest.

Glove production would start in late April, and they would be made at a rate of about two pairs per week.

What I need is ten folks that are interested (are there even ten folks that need gloves / upgraded gloves?). I won't take more than fifteen at this time, in the event that there would even be that many people interested

So if you want on the list, please email rather than PM to get on the list. More details to come . . . slave1@ee.net

2. Member Since
    Mar 2002
    Mar 14, 2003, 10:44 PM - Re: Slave1 Glove run -- any interest? #2

I have a pair and all I can say is that nobody does them better.

3. METALBOY
    Mar 15, 2003, 2:29 AM - Re: Slave1 Glove run -- any interest? #3

GOOOD IDEA .E-MAIL SENT.
    Mar 15, 2003, 9:20 AM - Re: Slave1 Glove run -- any interest? #4

Would you be willing to do them with the button instead of velcro closure? I have a pair already and would like to upgrade to a more accurate version with the new material but would also like to see button on them. I already have my material too... Thanks -Mark
  5. Slave1
    Mar 15, 2003, 9:57 AM - Re: Slave1 Glove run -- any interest? #5

My standard glove does not have a button. I've said on different occassions, if folks find a base glove w/a button that they want used, I will be happy to use it. The only requirement is that they be cotton rather than nylon.
    Mar 17, 2003, 3:57 AM - Re: Slave1 Glove run -- any interest? #6

I picked these up some time ago. Quality and accuracy is next to none.
  7. Slave1
    Mar 17, 2003, 7:19 PM - Re: Slave1 Glove run -- any interest? #7

Thanks for all the nice compliments guys.

I've only got a few emails from folks. I've been waiting for my ten count before I emailed my info out, but it doesn't look we're going to reach that.
  8. Ego
    Mar 17, 2003, 7:31 PM - Re: Slave1 Glove run -- any interest? #8

If it means the difference between a run and no run . . . I could be persuaded!

Jer
    Mar 17, 2003, 9:53 PM - Re: Slave1 Glove run -- any interest? #9

I'm really interested in your glove run. I tried to win 2 pair of Ebay and lost both bids. But now that you're doing a run, I can finally claim a pair!

However I'm doing Jodo Kast, so it would be a tad different layout for the gloves. I still can send you the fabric you would need though, along with some pictures to help you create them.

So go ahead and sign me up for the run too!
  10. Slave1
    Mar 17, 2003, 10:45 PM - Re: Slave1 Glove run -- any interest? #10

Okay, that puts us at about halfway there.

11. Slave1
    Apr 16, 2003, 10:39 PM - Re: Slave1 Glove run -- any interest? #11

Hey guys, just to update, I never did get my ten count so I won't be doing the run.

However, as always, you can still order them off me individually, and in fact, it's better for me not to have to get them done at such a hectic pace.

The BIN price that they sell on Ebay has been lowered, so you'll still get them for the same price, less $5 more if you happen to have the material you want used to match your vest.

Email me at slave1@ee.net whenever you get to the point where you need a pair of gloves and I'll get you taken care of eventually. My priority right now is some Boba paint work I've been making my way too slowly on.

Anyone who emailed to get on the list, please know you weren't ignorred. I was just waiting for my ten count (which I never reached) before I sent out the mass mailing.
  12. METALBOY
    Apr 17, 2003, 1:11 PM - Re: Slave1 Glove run -- any interest? #12

YEAH their is an interesst for these gloves count me in. E-mail sent.
  13. fett234
    Apr 22, 2003, 7:38 PM - Re: Slave1 Glove run -- any interest? #13

sounds good, But unfortunatly I just got the whole biker scout costume AND fett armor,helmet and jet pack in the past 2 months and am tapped out. Hopefully I could snag a pair of you on ebay.
    Apr 24, 2003, 2:09 PM - Re: Slave1 Glove run -- any interest? #14

hi slave 1, I would be interested, I'll send an email for info..
  15. Member Since
    Apr 2002
    Apr 24, 2003, 3:07 PM - Re: Slave1 Glove run -- any interest? #15

I'm interrested!
    Let me know if you can squeeze me into the list!
    -Mikael
  16. Member Since
    Mar 2003
    May 2, 2003, 9:49 AM - Re: Slave1 Glove run -- any interest? #16

I'm interested too. Email sent.
    May 5, 2003, 7:04 AM - Re: Slave1 Glove run -- any interest? #17

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but I don't want to start a new one and waste space. Are your gloves machine washable? Will this fade the color to ROTJ?
  18. Slave1
    May 6, 2003, 10:15 PM - Re: Slave1 Glove run -- any interest? #18

The gloves are already pre-shrunk, but you're going to fade a little of the color with each subsequent washing no matter how careful you are.

I would recommend hand washing them in cold water. Wring out as much water as you can. That cotton batting on the inside of the accents is going to hold a lot of water.

May 9, 2003, 2:01 PM - Re: Slave1 Glove run -- any interest? #19

Slave1

Are u making any more gloves? as im intrested in some

cheers

neil
    uk-scout
    www.uk-scout.co.uk
    ukbikerscout@hotmail.com

May 9, 2003, 2:57 PM - Re: Slave1 Glove run -- any interest? #20

I just noticed something and really disturbs me a little:

I know that Slave1's gloves are the most accurate set of gloves around (and I'm happy with them ), but after looking at the gloves and the real ones in the Ref CD...the forehand detail in the right hand is larger than the left side. I can't tell actually in the Ref CD, which I think they are like that as well...but not sure.

Is that the actual scheme on the real Fett gloves as well, or it's just a little mistake in Slave1's gloves?

Robert
    May 9, 2003, 5:21 PM - Re: Slave1 Glove run -- any interest? #21

Slave 1 had mentioned this before, and yes his are acurate. The left one has a smaller one to accomodate the keypad that sticks out further.
  22. Slave1
    May 9, 2003, 8:45 PM - Re: Slave1 Glove run -- any interest? #22

If you check out the description on the auctions, I note that one backhand accent is smaller than the other one. I had to start adding that disclaimer to my descriptions because there had been a couple guys that I believe must have suspected I was shorting them on the material or I just screwed up. They raised the same question and when I showed them some actual pics, they were actually more excited for the fact that I was trying to be more accurate than what they were expecting
    May 9, 2003, 11:58 PM - Re: Slave1 Glove run -- any interest? #23

Slave1 wrote:

If you check out the description on the auctions, I note that one backhand accent is smaller than the other one. I had to start adding that disclaimer to my descriptions because there had been a couple guys that I believe must have suspected I was shorting them on the material or I just screwed up. They raised the same question and when I showed them some actual pics, they were actually more excited for the fact that I was trying to be more accurate than what they were expecting
    Good point. Some people on Ebay are really picky on what they bid or buy online. I'm not saying anything negative, it was just an observation that I've never noticed before and was in that doubt.

Once again...THANKS SLAVE 1!!! You're the man!

Robert
  24. May 24, 2003, 2:53 PM - Re: Slave1 Glove run -- any interest? #24

I Picked mine up from Slave1 on ebay awhile back and I love em'. I just got around to weathering them, heres a photo of them first stage weathering. I used basic artists chalk : red,brown,black,light blue, still needs a bit more, but lookeeeeeen gooooood.

thanks Slave1 you rock!!!!