My son Ben is going to be Boba Fett this year, so I've been working on some parts for the last couple weeks on an off. I'll post what I have now and update as I go. I made the undersuit using a short sleeve and long sleeve t-shirt and some karate pants. No pics of that yet but once I dye it blue I'll take some.
First, here is the helmet that I finished about an hour ago. The helmet is the one One End is selling. It fits just right. I painted it using the same method I used for painting my own helmet. I didn't do quite as many levels of color, but I think it came out looking pretty good anyway. After each coat, I would use masking fluid to protect the spots I wanted to show through.
Here is the chest and back armor that has been cut out and shaped.
Next is the cape. I dyed some white canvas the khaki color, then used spray paint to make the orange stripe. I rough it up with my hands to soften it and "fade" the orange a bit. Then I cut up the bottom edge and weathered it with black spray paint.
That's it so far! I have parts for the backpack rocket, but I'm still not 100% on the body. I'm thinking of using a dense foam rubber pool kickboard as the base, but I'm not sure how well it will take paint. We'll see.