Some of you have already taken a peek at this one, but I figured I'd throw it back up here so everyone can see how flexible an MLC pack can be. It's been sitting around like this for awhile now, since I'm too busy to work on it.
This rocket pack began life as an ordinary MLC1 kit I purchased a few years ago. At this point, the pack walks the line between just a modified pack and the effort level of a scratchbuild. All in all, I rebuilt the entire bottom, modified the center spine, the [white] side boxes and their bottom angles, replaced the nozzles with BM nozzles, replaced the tubes, and scratchbuilt the top and bottom caps. Replacing the tubes also allowed me to rework the tube seems so they were'nt as blended into the tubes as the MLC. The new tubes also included a rework of the areas around the nozzle axles. Rebuilding the bottom allowed me to lengthen the tube shrouds by 3/4" and make the correct setting for the bottom tube caps -- which really made this project worth it for me! This solved the stumpyness I was never satisfied with on the MLC. I also ripped apart the old "piano keys" and built a new set from acrylic on a new plastic strip.
I also scratchbuilt the castellated center crown from acrylic and totally reworked the union between the shoulder hump and the upper center-barrel. In doing so, I ripped out the old castellated crown, sent a new missile tube through the center, and rebuilt the MLC grappling rocket. The only MLC parts that are exposed now on the rocket are the nose cone, the fin body, and the bottom-most tube section. Plus, the rocket is down to three fins vice four. The missile can pull out of the lower launcher body -- as seen on the prepro pack, but the lower body is permanently affixed into the pack.