Subscribe
  1. TK 4130's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    116
    Mar 3, 2007, 6:13 PM - Sidearm Holster question. #1

    Hello everyone, I'm doing an ESB version and I've got everything painted all ready to assemble, and I have a question. Where does the sidearm holster attach? I'm a little confused... Thanks for the help...
  2. Boba Fett's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,828
    Mar 3, 2007, 10:52 PM - Re: Sidearm Holster question. #2

    I have been confused for the longest time about this as well.
  3. Prymer13's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    1,090
    Mar 4, 2007, 9:24 AM - Re: Sidearm Holster question. #3

    It actually attaches @ the top with a strap that has 2 grommets. Take a look at the following pic of my Nemrod holster:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	d4_1_b.jpg 
Views:	390 
Size:	19.9 KB 
ID:	16025  
  4. Benkenove's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    468
    Mar 4, 2007, 9:28 AM - Re: Sidearm Holster question. #4

    I have another doubt about this holster...

    Was the Nemrod logo removed in the movie ?? and ... did they paint the holster in brown, like the gun or similar .. or they left the original black color ?

    I have a real Nemrod, and dont know if I shuold remove the logo and paint it brown or not
  5. TK-2177's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    381
    Mar 4, 2007, 9:54 AM - Re: Sidearm Holster question. #5

    Quote Benkenove said: View Post
    I have another doubt about this holster...

    Was the Nemrod logo removed in the movie ?? and ... did they paint the holster in brown, like the gun or similar .. or they left the original black color ?

    I have a real Nemrod, and dont know if I shuold remove the logo and paint it brown or not
    This was the shot I used for my Nemrod holster that helped me decide to keep the logo on the holster and I repainted it flat black:



    You can see the outline of the triangle shape, but you can't the the archer in the logo. Not sure if it was removed or not because of the image quality. I'm sure Braks or one of the other vet's on here may have a better shot.
    Hope this helps!
  6. TK 4130's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    116
    Mar 4, 2007, 11:24 AM - Re: Sidearm Holster question. #6

    Thanks for the help so far. Which belt does the holster attach to?
  7. TK-2177's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    381
    Mar 4, 2007, 11:59 AM - Re: Sidearm Holster question. #7

    Quote TK 4130 said: View Post
    Thanks for the help so far. Which belt does the holster attach to?
    Based on the limited screen shots of the holster, I attached mine to the ammo belt. It slides perfectly over it, and seems to hang to the side of the leg correctly. One problem I had with the belt when I did this was the weight caused the belt to sag down. I fixed this by simply cutting a piece of abs and velcroing it to the inside of the belt where the holster hangs from.
    Someone had posted a great screen shot awhile back that showed ESB Boba full body from the back. I believe it was a Kenner image they used to make the action figure. I can't find it now, or I would post it, so if anyone has this image could you post here? It really is a great pic to refer to.
  8. MandoMan's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    837
    Mar 4, 2007, 8:29 PM - Re: Sidearm Holster question. #8

    TK-2177, this one?

  9. TK-2177's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    381
    Mar 4, 2007, 9:11 PM - Re: Sidearm Holster question. #9

    Quote MandoMan said: View Post
    TK-2177, this one?

    Yes! Thanks bro. I have been looking for this pic for awhile now. I think it is the only shot of Boba's back from ESB. Great reference shot!!
  10. TK 4130's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    116
    Mar 4, 2007, 10:09 PM - Re: Sidearm Holster question. #10

    Thanks guys, that's what I was looking for!
  11. I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,520
    Mar 5, 2007, 5:45 AM - Re: Sidearm Holster question. #11

    Seeing how tight that thong looks on Jeremy reminds me why I'll never get one...
  12. Southern hunter's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    374
    Mar 6, 2007, 7:40 PM - Re: Sidearm Holster question. #12

    How did they attach the codpiece? It looks like an elastic strap connected it to the bottom of the back armor. Is that correct?
  13. Mar 7, 2007, 3:54 PM - Re: Sidearm Holster question. #13

    Quote GCNgamer128 said: View Post
    Seeing how tight that thong looks on Jeremy reminds me why I'll never get one...
    Tsss. Swallow your pride and become a true mandalorian Maybe not the prettiest thing around, but it fills the purpose of keeping your jumpsuit from sagging.
    And I guess you could make it a colour quite close to that of the jumpsuit, if you want to.
  14. Member Since
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    641
    Mar 17, 2007, 9:09 AM - Re: Sidearm Holster question. #14

    The other possible way it was attached is to the separate belt that the front waist pockets are attached to. This belt is hidden under the ammo belt.

    So the holster straps dissapear under the ammo belt but the holster hangs at the same position.



    Quote TK-2177 said: View Post
    Based on the limited screen shots of the holster, I attached mine to the ammo belt. It slides perfectly over it, and seems to hang to the side of the leg correctly. One problem I had with the belt when I did this was the weight caused the belt to sag down. I fixed this by simply cutting a piece of abs and velcroing it to the inside of the belt where the holster hangs from.
    Someone had posted a great screen shot awhile back that showed ESB Boba full body from the back. I believe it was a Kenner image they used to make the action figure. I can't find it now, or I would post it, so if anyone has this image could you post here? It really is a great pic to refer to.
  15. TK 4130's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    116
    Mar 17, 2007, 9:14 PM - Re: Sidearm Holster question. #15

    ^ That's a great idea, I think that's what I'll do. Thanks for the help everyone!
  16. Benkenove's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    468
    Mar 19, 2007, 9:00 AM - Re: Sidearm Holster question. #16

    I really think that the holster is hold from the girth belt... as simple as that... but well, who knows... At least, that is what I can see in that back picture of Boba... (I will do that).
  17. TK-2177's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    381
    Mar 19, 2007, 10:39 AM - Re: Sidearm Holster question. #17

    Quote Benkenove said: View Post
    I really think that the holster is hold from the girth belt... as simple as that... but well, who knows... At least, that is what I can see in that back picture of Boba... (I will do that).
    Unfortunately, the area around the sidearm in the screen image is dark, but as for which belt to attach it to, keep in mind that there is a 3.5" strap attached to the top of the holster for mounting. I'm not saying for sure which is correct, girth or ammo belt attachment, but I gaged mine by lining up the tip of the side arm where it ends near the knee armor. When attached to the girth, it rests way below the knee armor. When attached to the ammo belt, it lines up a lot more accurately. Another issue with attaching it to the girth is there is no support from the girth. It sags waaay down because of the weight of the sidearm and holster. This also causes the side arm to bang into the knee when walking.
  18. SlaveR5's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    354
    Mar 19, 2007, 11:53 PM - Re: Sidearm Holster question. #18

    yes i agree. i have a FG and a real nemrod holster :-) and the length and the weight would make it to low on the girth. also from the pics i looking at the loop on the real holster it's attached to the ammo belt. im almost sure of it.

Similar Threads

  1. ESB Sidearm Holster Help...
    By escho34 in forum Boba Fett Costume
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Dec 11, 2008, 6:57 PM
  2. Sidearm Holster
    By FettDad in forum Boba Fett Costume
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: Aug 18, 2008, 11:13 PM
  3. Looking for ESB sidearm and holster
    By anakin1322 in forum Boba Fett Costume
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Sep 5, 2007, 3:54 AM