Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Subscribe
  1. FettDad is offline FettDad
    Aug 8, 2008, 9:50 PM - Sidearm Blaster Find #1

hey guys, check out what i just bought on Ebay...i was reading the sidearm thread and saw that a member had found there too, so i searched and found one...i am totally stoked about this!! whatcha think...? yah, i used his picture, so lets do the pic of the one i bought too...
  2. FettDad is offline FettDad
    Aug 8, 2008, 9:53 PM - Re: Sidearm Blaster Find #2

here is the pic of the one i bought...the stalk must be removeable...or i will make it removeable...with a few improvements with the barrel and some paint, bingo, i think...what do y'all think?

Last edited by FettDad; Aug 8, 2008 at 9:59 PM.
  3. I helped at SDCC '08 MandalorFett's Avatar
    Aug 9, 2008, 12:09 AM - Re: Sidearm Blaster Find #3

That's what I use since none of us actually have the right sidearm.
  4. I helped at SDCC '08 Bountyone's Avatar
    Aug 9, 2008, 12:31 AM - Re: Sidearm Blaster Find #4

nice find Darrell
    Aug 9, 2008, 6:43 AM - Re: Sidearm Blaster Find #5

Wow that is real looking!! Manufacturers could never get away with making a light gun that accurate nowadays. Don't you think our society has become so over protective these days?? personally, I think it started with importance of wearing a bicycle helmet and removable toy rockets... its called natural selection. I think we are doing to much to make everything so safe that we are upsetting the balance. I dont know... call me jaded.. anyhoo....GREAT FIND!!!
    Aug 9, 2008, 10:35 AM - Re: Sidearm Blaster Find #6

incorrect. the sidearm was found and discussed in this forum.
    Aug 9, 2008, 11:41 AM - Re: Sidearm Blaster Find #7

I think he knows that. Like MandalorFett said, thats what some people use since basically noone has the real speargun.
    Aug 9, 2008, 12:09 PM - Re: Sidearm Blaster Find #8

no one? as far as I know ss owns one.
  9. I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    Aug 9, 2008, 1:28 PM - Re: Sidearm Blaster Find #9

I think we "know" it's a speargun, but on what make and model it is, it's all up in the air. I remember Gonzo posted a scan of a speargun catalog from the 60's or so, and none really matched up.
    Aug 9, 2008, 1:55 PM - Re: Sidearm Blaster Find #10

GCNgamer128 said: View Post
    I think we "know" it's a speargun, but on what make and model it is, it's all up in the air. I remember Gonzo posted a scan of a speargun catalog from the 60's or so, and none really matched up.
    it's not up in the air.
    i just looked up the topic were "another member" came through and posted his findings. http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=25607

but for whatever reason his responses can no longer be found in the topic. must have been deleted. there is still another website showing the correct speargun. i'm not gonna say more. other than the real piece was identified.
    Aug 9, 2008, 2:14 PM - Re: Sidearm Blaster Find #11

volkerc said: View Post
    no one? as far as I know ss owns one.
    I said "basically" noone, im aware someone id'ed it and has one. I do not believe anyone else has said they were able to get one other then him.
  12. I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    Aug 9, 2008, 2:18 PM - Re: Sidearm Blaster Find #12

What number is ss's post?
    Aug 9, 2008, 2:51 PM - Re: Sidearm Blaster Find #13

TR 4059 said: View Post
    I said "basically" noone, im aware someone id'ed it and has one. I do not believe anyone else has said they were able to get one other then him.
    that's true nobody else reported finding another one yet...

and "GCNgamer128",: ss has posted in the thread, but all his posts seem to have disappeared., so i can't give you a post number
  14. I helped at SDCC '08 MandalorFett's Avatar
    Aug 9, 2008, 8:21 PM - Re: Sidearm Blaster Find #14

that's true nobody else reported finding another one yet...

volkerc, I know this subject is very close to your heart but, well actually, it's still kind of up in the air.................................
    Last edited by MandalorFett; Aug 9, 2008 at 8:30 PM.
    Aug 10, 2008, 3:32 AM - Re: Sidearm Blaster Find #15

MandalorFett said: View Post
    volkerc, I know this subject is very close to your heart but, well actually, it's still kind of up in the air.................................
    it's not close to my heart. but i wonder why you keep saying it's up in the air, when the piece has been identified!?

on 5/17/08 after pics of the identified piece had been shown you had this to say:"Thanks for sharing the pics. That's a great piece of the Fett arsenal."

so i guess you can see why your new statements have me wondering. anybody can use what they want for their sidearm and be happy with it. i posted an incorrect theory and was delighted to find out that i was incorrect and can now search for the correct piece though. cause as far as i'm concerned, i'm after accuracy.
    Last edited by volkerc; Aug 10, 2008 at 3:40 AM.
    Aug 10, 2008, 4:36 AM - Re: Sidearm Blaster Find #16

Its still alittle up in the air. the only thing we know so far, thanks to SS's research, is that the correct sidearm is a pneumatic speargun that was produced by Technisub. we dont know the correct name for the model, or the year it was produced. and acording to SS's research it seams that there were more than just one model that used parts of the speargun. he said hes only ever seen one that was 100% correct and the other versions had the wrong barrel parts
    Last edited by BobaFettSlave_1; Aug 10, 2008 at 4:43 AM.
    Aug 10, 2008, 4:50 AM - Re: Sidearm Blaster Find #17

BobaFettSlave_1 said: View Post
    Its still alittle up in the air. the only thing we know so far, thanks to SS's research, is that the correct sidearm is a pneumatic speargun that was produced by Technisub. we dont know the correct name for the model, or the year it was produced. and acording to SS's research it seams that there were more than just one model that used parts of the speargun. he said hes only ever seen one that was 100% correct and the other versions had the wrong barrel parts
    yup he said that. i'm reading the statement in a way, that he owns the correct piece and has shown pics thereof, the rest i understand more like a "warning" not to "accidentally" purchase one that doesn't match in some areas. i could be wrong with my interpretation of his statemet. but that's what i'm reading.
    Aug 10, 2008, 4:57 AM - Re: Sidearm Blaster Find #18

hi is anyone interested in a VINTAGE NEMROD GALEON SPEARGUN SPEAR GUN
    i have a friend who has a working one , I may be able to persuade him , and since i am doing a rotj i do not need it , does the rotj have one?
    Aug 10, 2008, 5:04 AM - Re: Sidearm Blaster Find #19

marsattack said: View Post
    hi is anyone interested in a VINTAGE NEMROD GALEON SPEARGUN SPEAR GUN
    i have a friend who has a working one , I may be able to persuade him , and since i am doing a rotj i do not need it , does the rotj have one?
    rotj fett uses no sidearm. and the galeon was the one i thought was used. so i'll make a bespin guard blaster out of mine.
    Aug 10, 2008, 7:04 AM - Re: Sidearm Blaster Find #20

ok so i do not think anyone would be interested, and btw thank you for the info and other thread Volkrec, and what was the ESB speargun used? After reading everything on the other, I noticed that pictures were beng sent privately, so I did not catch the speargun used.
    I do not want to open another can of worms but I agreed with you 100% about the info being shared in a public forum, I mean why be here?
    m
    Aug 10, 2008, 8:13 AM - Re: Sidearm Blaster Find #21

marsattack said: View Post
    ok so i do not think anyone would be interested, and btw thank you for the info and other thread Volkrec, and what was the ESB speargun used? After reading everything on the other, I noticed that pictures were beng sent privately, so I did not catch the speargun used.
    I do not want to open another can of worms but I agreed with you 100% about the info being shared in a public forum, I mean why be here?
    m
    pictures had actually been posted. but what happened, i don't know, and i don't want to get into it. i'm not into politics. only trying to build an accurate costume therefore gathering all info i can find for my project. some people have their reasoning for postuing something or not. i have said it before, if i have info that aids others in building a better costume, i share.
  22. FettDad is offline FettDad
    Aug 10, 2008, 9:46 AM - Re: Sidearm Blaster Find #22

the way i see it, if you find something that works, go with it....if you find the ACTUAL item used, koodos for you...we are here to support one another, help those in need, give each other ideas on saving money, ya know...who cares if you have the actual item used on the movie...are YOU going to be in the movie...probably not...so if you like something for your costume, then that is the accurate version if you ask me...
    Aug 10, 2008, 10:41 AM - Re: Sidearm Blaster Find #23

i don't think anybody ever mentioned wanting to be in the movie. why is everybody striving to get a fett that looks like the one in the movies then if we are supposed to just use anything? as i have mentioned above, be happy if you think your costume works for you. but if you're looking for accuracy, some stuff does not work. nobody i think will ever own the screen used movie props, so we have to live with copies and we can look for actual pieces used to make those props in the days. and i prefer to use the same stuff that the prop builders bought and modified to use in the movies. and to those that just want get a "certain look" without using screen accurate stuff. good luck. be happy. everybody is entitled to their own opinion.
  24. FettDad is offline FettDad
    Aug 10, 2008, 10:45 AM - Re: Sidearm Blaster Find #24

excellent, volk, well said...that is all i am saying...this thread just began to feel like a bickering station, and that is not what i was intending when i was creating it...i was just proud of myself for finding one of these game systems that had a pistol that some have used here for their sidearm...
  25. I helped at SDCC '08 MandalorFett's Avatar
    Aug 10, 2008, 5:29 PM - Re: Sidearm Blaster Find #25

it's not close to my heart. but i wonder why you keep saying it's up in the air, when the piece has been identified!?

on 5/17/08 after pics of the identified piece had been shown you had this to say:"Thanks for sharing the pics. That's a great piece of the Fett arsenal."
    Yes, a very similar piece to the original has been identified, although we don't have definitive pics of the original to compare with. At this time the posted Technisub is about the closest yet.

so i guess you can see why your new statements have me wondering.
    I only found out this new info 2 weeks ago, and my previous statement you posted above was on 5/17/08. At that time, I thought it was "the one."

volkerc, I admire your tenacity in finding the most accurate pieces. I'm sure you'll continue to add to the discovery and discussion of new found parts.

FettDad, sorry if I was a part of derailing the thread. As we discussed, I like this Monteverdi sidearm and have one too. I'll be using it for my Llats Ward suit.